I think this is where I'm at... The 5 Stages of Grief & Loss

clarkete

1 minute ago, Sasperella said:

C'mon guys!!! Who ever secured tickets in the coach sale? (Not me, in five attempts). Its just a trial run at best!

@clarkete - you're stages don't work because I have been legitimately bargaining with the ticket gods for about six weeks already in spin classes and in other general areas of life. This can only be a good thing!

@MetaKate - you'll get a ticket. And you'll have an ace time. 

It's only been within the last few years even attempting the coach sale was so important to some. Funny how fast its changed. Roll on sunday 

3 hours ago, Sasperella said:

C'mon guys!!! Who ever secured tickets in the coach sale? (Not me, in five attempts). Its just a trial run at best!

@clarkete - you're stages don't work because I have been legitimately bargaining with the ticket gods for about six weeks already in spin classes and in other general areas of life. This can only be a good thing!

@MetaKate - you'll get a ticket. And you'll have an ace time. 

Ok but if I dont get a ticket or have an Ace time I'm holding you personally responsible!

I know .. Ive tried and failed for coach tickets 4 times now, it's always a good warm up. It's the other stuff from today which I'm trying to bounce back from. Ive texted my neighbors from last year and they're trying on Sunday as well so I think I'll try to pitch my tent with them which at least solves 1 of my dilemmas!

I had a run getting tickets in the main sale four years in a row and thought it was easy, then the last three years I’ve failed in the main sale but eventually managed by hook or by crook to get there.

Failed in the coach sale yesterday, I’m currently at the acceptance stage telling myself I don’t really care and I’ll just book a holiday instead, in anticipation of failing again Sunday... However I know come March/April I will revert back to the denial stage and suddenly become desperate to go by any means!

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

Pissed off we didn't get 4 of our group boxed off last night but only wanting Wednesday halved our chances anyway. Got a big night out on Saturday but I'm totally focused on Sunday morn. Nowt better than getting those golden tickets hung over. Slowly keying the details in in an emotionless daze.

Tried for 4 of our group last night.  Got through to the reg details page but wouldn't go forward when we hit the proceed button.  Page failed a few times, hit the back button but still couldn't get through to pick a departure point.  Now trying for 8 tickets on Sunday. 

I don't feel as bad as I thought I would, still 3 more chances to get tickets.  

I’m feeling pretty philosophical about the whole thing. I didn’t miss a single festival in the 10’s, in fact I’ve only missed one in the last 15 years. It’s been an amazing run but sooner or later I’ll be unlucky and miss out.

I’m having another baby in April, I’m going to the Euros in June, not getting a Glastonbury ticket next year wouldn’t be the end of the world.

I’ll still be disappointed if I haven’t got one come 10.00 on Sunday, but I’ll get over it.

6 hours ago, MetaKate said:

Ive texted my neighbors from last year and they're trying on Sunday as well so I think I'll try to pitch my tent with them which at least solves 1 of my dilemmas!

Great idea :) 

I think the key reason that I felt a bit bereft last night was that coach has been pretty good to me when I've bitten the bullet and chosen to do it in during the last few years.  It tended to be that bit less brutal than the general sale, but as time goes by more and more people are amenable to it.

The only folks I know who were successful last night are those on here, everyone I know IRL didn't even get to reg numbers - except one who then got sold out.  I can't deny I've had more good fortune than most in my purchasing, so no doubt someone else deserves a slice.

I believe even most of the options of being an uber capitalist at eye watering prices have been sold out for a while :unsure:

My daughter had 7 groups of 6 who were all trying plus others helping out. Only 1 person got through & secured tickets for their group. Last year they had around a 30% success rate with the coaches. People trying all over the country (Newport in Wales was the winner) With more tickets available this year you have to conclude that more people are trying. Each year people go, have the time of their lives & tell friends who then register & so it goes on. Its a victim of its own success & whilst the sales are brutal, at least its fair. The best of luck to everyone on Sunday.

4 minutes ago, Giraffe Man said:

My daughter had 7 groups of 6 who were all trying plus others helping out. Only 1 person got through & secured tickets for their group. Last year they had around a 30% success rate with the coaches. People trying all over the country (Newport in Wales was the winner) With more tickets available this year you have to conclude that more people are trying. Each year people go, have the time of their lives & tell friends who then register & so it goes on. Its a victim of its own success & whilst the sales are brutal, at least its fair. The best of luck to everyone on Sunday.

Spot on, it really is down to luck and with so many wanting the tickets now and particularly next year it does seem the fairest 

I was actually in a really positive mood last night and this morning, even after a broken down train and a half hour wait for a bus in the rain for the trains to then come back on again. Arrive at work and a girl tells me she got tickets and she was going to get 'Worthy Farm' camping because she just can't not shower for a whole six days and did I know it's really hard to get tickets. Currently sitting at my desk taking deep breaths trying to be a lovely person. 

14 hours ago, clarkete said:

Already wary that this is the end of my successful run since 1985.

Looked this up just in case.

The five stages of grief are:
  • denial
  • anger
  • bargaining
  • depression
  • acceptance 

I read that we shuffle back and forth through the same five for any loss, big or small - from, say, a relative dying to losing £20.

Edited by Homer

11 minutes ago, Homer said:

I read that we shuffle back and forth through the same five for any loss, big or small - from, say, a relative dying to losing £20.

Hey don't say that, the only thing that gives me any perspective is that (to a greater or lesser degree) other stuff in my life for me and my relatives is OK. 

I'm very lucky not to need to worry about twenty quid either.

Still can't put a smile on my spanked *rse face today though.