I think this is where I'm at... The 5 Stages of Grief & Loss

clarkete

Aye, as gutted as I will be, it’s probably someone else’s turn to have a go. Cannot be too disheartened- been a great run. Not wasting the winter in limbo so it’ll be an adventure abroad if not.

Just seen that it’s rainy season in Japan at June. And Mexico. That’s a bummer!!

Edited by Badlands

14 minutes ago, Badlands said:

Just seen that it’s rainy season in Japan at June. And Mexico. That’s a bummer!!

Take your wellies and headphones. Dance your ass off in field. Get strange looks from the locals. Sound familiar?

You'll be fine on Sunday as will I. ?

Im feeling really sour today. My one friend that I usually travel from Canada with told me two hours before the sale that she cant go. Then I had a staff meeting that ran 20 minutes over, leaving me with only 10 minutes to prep for sale time. 

My other friends from London that I usually go with have added me to the bottom of a Google doc, where they're in a team of 6, and I'm in a team of 5 with 4 people I dont know. Seconds before the sale starts two of those people say they dont want tickets actually.

None of us got tickets, but I feel that on Sunday I'm going to end up getting dicked over because I'm the odd one out.

This also means if I do get tickets I'll be travelling to site alone on the Wednesday, and camping alone as none of them will be travelling until Thursday, and I'm not willing to sacrifice a good camping spot, but theres also no way for me to take in everyone's tents alone. 

Today is definitely not my day. 

7 minutes ago, MetaKate said:

Im feeling really sour today. My one friend that I usually travel from Canada with told me two hours before the sale that she cant go. Then I had a staff meeting that ran 20 minutes over, leaving me with only 10 minutes to prep for sale time. 

My other friends from London that I usually go with have added me to the bottom of a Google doc, where they're in a team of 6, and I'm in a team of 5 with 4 people I dont know. Seconds before the sale starts two of those people say they dont want tickets actually.

None of us got tickets, but I feel that on Sunday I'm going to end up getting dicked over because I'm the odd one out.

This also means if I do get tickets I'll be travelling to site alone on the Wednesday, and camping alone as none of them will be travelling until Thursday, and I'm not willing to sacrifice a good camping spot, but theres also no way for me to take in everyone's tents alone. 

Today is definitely not my day. 

PM’d you ?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Purple aki squat said:

Fear leads to denial

Denial leads to anger

anger leads to bargaining 

bargaining leads to depression 

waah waah waah

waah waah waah x3

I won’t accept thiiiiiiiiiis

proper gutted 

Fear leads to panic, panic leads to pain
Pain leads to anger, anger leads to hate
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, ah, ah, ah, ah
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, ah, ah, ah, ah!

Sunday you ride again!

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Badlands said:

Aye, as gutted as I will be, it’s probably someone else’s turn to have a go. Cannot be too disheartened- been a great run. 

That's a very magnanimous way to look at it and I can't deny that's true.

Mind you, if those blighters lease a trace I'll gut them like a fish ?

@MetaKate sorry you've had such a rough day of it, wish you luck for Sunday. 

35 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

Fear leads to panic, panic leads to pain
Pain leads to anger, anger leads to hate
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, ah, ah, ah, ah
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, ah, ah, ah, ah!

Sunday you ride again!

My google chrome is a piece of shit

it freezes, it crashes

had enough of it

My wi fi is slow na na

would have more joy with a jam jar

(with string, it’s true)

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, zero000 said:

I'm running Cardiff 1/2 Marathon at 10am on Sunday. The prospect of running 13 miles in the rain with the rage and anger if I haven't got a ticket, doesn't bear thinking about.

It might be a bonus the Adrenalin of your rage might give you a pb! I went to the gym after my failure tonight which did actually make me feel a bit better about it all (still pretty gutted though obviously). Good luck Sunday for the sale and the run!

C'mon guys!!! Who ever secured tickets in the coach sale? (Not me, in five attempts). Its just a trial run at best!

@clarkete - you're stages don't work because I have been legitimately bargaining with the ticket gods for about six weeks already in spin classes and in other general areas of life. This can only be a good thing!

@MetaKate - you'll get a ticket. And you'll have an ace time. 

• Upvote 2