Camping Solo 2020

CharlJ

I saw a group was set up last year for people going solo but I can’t see one for 2020 yet - as tickets only went on sale tonight, I’m probably jumping the gun. 

But is there a group already set up? 

Edited by CharlJ

12 minutes ago, CharlJ said:

I saw a group was set up last year for people going solo but I can’t see one for 2020 yet - as tickets only went on sale tonight, I’m probably jumping the gun. 

But is there a group already set up? 

it will happen ... but a lot closer to the time ... after the resale in April would be the sort of time I would be looking 

10 minutes ago, Sargey Babes said:

2020 is going to be my first year, a couple of my friends and I decided to all go but they have since had to drop out but I decided now is as good a time as any and I'd go solo. I'm honestly fairly certian I can have a better time that way anyway. 

Yep, and you can do as you please this way 

3rd time to the festival, first time flying Solo! A few people I know will be at the festival but the people I normally go to these things with are taking a break. No way I was missing the 50th and as it’s my 30th next year too I figured it’d be as good a time as any to do something on my own! Glad to see this pop up and know others are doing similar :) 

• Upvote 1

Similar case for me... 4th year going but first time solo! I tend to take it easy and like doing my own thing during the day but the night is a different story. I reached out to my neighbors from last year and they have also missed on tickets. Im not going to worry about it today, it's a good day. 

As Neil said, someone has to start it. I joined a solo group my first year. Best decision ever. Still great friends with the group and meet at Glastonbury every year since and also in real life. Can't recommend it enough.

It's even more exciting in the build up. ? 

5 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

I've joined a solo group this year! Was invited it to it by an efester that I met at Bluedot fest. Quite a lot of people in it, but apparently it's pretty good. Seems they do pubcrawls and other social events throughout the year too

How is it a solo group if everyone meets throughout the year for pub crawls and events? ? Sounds like a bunch of pals. 

8 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

How is it a solo group if everyone meets throughout the year for pub crawls and events? ? Sounds like a bunch of pals. 

Well a bunch of them are friends now because they've been doing it for years, but there's plenty of new people too. I think they arrange the events so that people can get to know eachother before the festival , and to catch-up etc. I don't think it's a requirement but it seems fine to me ?‍♂️

Just now, Gilgamesh69 said:

Well a bunch of them are friends now because they've been doing it for years, but there's plenty of new people too. I think they arrange the events so that people can get to know eachother before the festival , and to catch-up etc. I don't think it's a requirement but it seems fine to me ?‍♂️

Kinda takes away the buzz of setting up a group and all the build up to Glastonbury that goes with it. I would hate to join a group with inner groups that know each other already. Would make me really uncomfortable. If I was joining a solo group I'd prefer to feel like everyone is in the same boat as me. But hey each to their own. 

1 minute ago, H.M.V said:

Kinda takes away the buzz of setting up a group and all the build up to Glastonbury that goes with it. I would hate to join a group with inner groups that know each other already. Would make me really uncomfortable. If I was joining a solo group I'd prefer to feel like everyone is in the same boat as me. But hey each to their own. 

I get what you mean, but I'm sure there'll be others in the same position too.

I joined a solo group for another festival this year; but from what I've seen most of them had been going together in that group for a few years now. I was a bit nervous about being the new guy, but once I arrived they made me feel so welcome. Helped me set up my tent, gave me some drinks, then before long we were partying away together. I'm meeting up with someone from it later this week, then in a few weeks I'm going abroad and seeing another while I'm there. So yeah I mean it can still be a great and valuable experience even if you are the "outsider" 

Just now, Gilgamesh69 said:

I get what you mean, but I'm sure there'll be others in the same position too.

I joined a solo group for another festival this year; but from what I've seen most of them had been going together in that group for a few years now. I was a bit nervous about being the new guy, but once I arrived they made me feel so welcome. Helped me set up my tent, gave me some drinks, then before long we were partying away together. I'm meeting up with someone from it later this week, then in a few weeks I'm going abroad and seeing another while I'm there. So yeah I mean it can still be a great and valuable experience even if you are the "outsider" 

I do think being the only outsider in a supposedly solo group is a bit backwards ? 

Possibly a rebranding is necessary.

• Like 1