Am I doing something wrong?

Matt42

2 minutes ago, zero000 said:

I've come to the conclusion that the Glastonbury sale brings out the primitive animal in me, We're all just rats pressing the lever hoping for a hit of cocaine. There's no guaranteed success so we keep smashing F5 until we get a hit of Glastonbury, 

Despite all my rage I'm still just a rat in a Glastonbury cage of depression

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Not seen a  booking page since 2015 either but have had tickets thanks to other lovely people.

I have tried so many methods, browsers, number of windows open etc etc No difference.

I think they ought to put some dancing cats on the holding page to make it less dull for us who only ever get to see that page.

1 hour ago, musky said:

It’s far more likely that there’s a perception of a disproportionate number of scousers being there rather than any basis in reality, possibly because of their distinctive accent. 

Disagree with this.

Last year I went with 14 other people, all Scouse or Liverpool based apart from me.

There were 3 groups of 5, 12 and 16 all camped around us last year, every single one of them was Scouse.

I sincerely doubt it's anything to do with server location, but maybe a disproportionate amount of Liverpudlians are keen for Glastonbury these days?

Edited by MaxPower
  • Upvote 1

I haven't seen the booking page since 2016 but I agree, its primarily down to luck I'd guess.

In 2016 we missed out in the main sale and got tickets in the resale I think.

We've been most years since 2009 and I think the majority of bookings have been on main T-day, off top of my head 2x were on resale day.

Hoping for what could be our last 1 as the group as things stand next year, the ticket gods permitting on Sunday of course!

1 hour ago, musky said:

I’d say if he really knew his shit he’d know exactly where the servers are based as it’s very easy to find out. I can’t recall a server for the sale being based in Liverpool. He’d also know that although physical proximity to a server gives a small advantage in speed, getting a ticket isn’t dependent on the speed of connection. 

It’s far more likely that there’s a perception of a disproportionate number of scousers being there rather than any basis in reality, possibly because of their distinctive accent. 

spot on.

as a techy that works in networking, @Sasperella your friend is full of crap.

20 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

Disagree with this.

Last year I went with 14 other people, all Scouse or Liverpool based apart from me.

There were 3 groups of 5, 12 and 16 all camped around us last year, every single one of them was Scouse.

I sincerely doubt it's anything to do with server location, but maybe a disproportionate amount of Liverpudlians are keen for Glastonbury these days?

Conversely, the last time I remember being camped near people from Liverpool was 2000. But yes, it’s could well be that more try, or that they tend to have larger groups of friends. Who knows. :)

We can be sure it’s not server location though. 

20 minutes ago, Freddyflintstonree said:

My anecdote - mobile devices seemed to load and get through a lot faster than both my PC and laptop this year

I agree, my phone was surprisingly brilliant, it loaded quickly and didn’t freeze, failed to get me a ticket though, hope it does the business on Sunday. 

Charm x

I’ve got through for our group of the same 6 people for 6 different Glastonbury’s. None of them have ever even got to the booking page! I had no luck at all for 2019 and, as usual, they didn’t either. This year I’m hoping one of them pulls through for once as I’m not feeling confident at all...

16 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Right - sorry to add another moaning post but I haven’t had a sniff of the booking page since 2015. A friend of mine from up north got over 20 tickets!!!

am I refreshing too much or not enough? Should I be refreshing at all? I usually give it three seconds between refreshing!

I’m just convinced I need a change of strategy here. As much as I love working/volunteering at the festival, going as a punter again would be nice ya know?

What is a "booking page"??

Seriously though I don't think I've even managed to put registration details in for about 5 years, and I follow advice on here to the letter about careful tab / refresh limits, multiple devices but on different connections etc - always have to rely on mates coming through.

1 minute ago, majormajormajor said:

Bad tactics. Go on the page now and refresh 61 times in 60 seconds and see what happens.

Just did this, that's actually really worrying because it looks exactly like the page I was stuck on yesterday and I was refreshing only every 5 seconds or so with one tab open... So is this a fake holding page? How can you tell the difference? How do I reset this if it happens? So stressed...

14 minutes ago, FrancisH said:

Just did this, that's actually really worrying because it looks exactly like the page I was stuck on yesterday and I was refreshing only every 5 seconds or so with one tab open... So is this a fake holding page? How can you tell the difference? How do I reset this if it happens? So stressed...

You can't.... They look the same. If you were going slowly you probably saw he normal holding page though! Did it up date to saying "sold out" when it had actually sold out? 

It's pure luck - we had 10 people, 16 devices, 6 ISP's different browsers - same registration lists and none of us got past the holding page last night.

I'll be clearing my cookies & browser history, rebooting my router before Sunday's sale. 

I feel sick...

I have been successful in getting tickets from 2011 though to 2016 in all incarnations of the tickets sale (coach, general, coach resale, general resale, even 2 secret resales) so I am convinced I am not doing any differently from then

Maybe it's down to something on See's end, increased popularity / more people trying / awareness around grouping up / pot luck etc. etc.

It's hard for me to accept but it really is down to luck of the draw. I keep trying to come up with technical explanations and reasons why but I'l drive myself crazy thinking about it