Am I doing something wrong?

Matt42

Right - sorry to add another moaning post but I haven’t had a sniff of the booking page since 2015. A friend of mine from up north got over 20 tickets!!!

am I refreshing too much or not enough? Should I be refreshing at all? I usually give it three seconds between refreshing!

I’m just convinced I need a change of strategy here. As much as I love working/volunteering at the festival, going as a punter again would be nice ya know?

5 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

They use auto refresh apparently - but I don’t know what to believe when I hear that there is a refresh limit.

I don't know what to believe, either. I know I was refreshing more than 60 times a minute at one stage, but nothing changed from my side. I'd hate to think that auto-refresh people are successful because it doesn't seem remotely fair, but maybe their bluster about blocking such people was exactly that?

1 minute ago, kalifire said:

I don't know what to believe, either. I know I was refreshing more than 60 times a minute at one stage, but nothing changed from my side. I'd hate to think that auto-refresh people are successful because it doesn't seem remotely fair, but maybe their bluster about blocking such people was exactly that?

Now there’s a conundrum. They certainly had something in place after the Glasto App debacle, but do they still block rapid hits?

5 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Believe the case is even if you're hitting over 60 refreshes a minute, the 'blocked page' is exactly the same as the queue one so you wouldn't know if you were sent to a dead link.

25 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Believe the case is even if you're hitting over 60 refreshes a minute, the 'blocked page' is exactly the same as the queue one so you wouldn't know if you were sent to a dead link.

You can try it on the booking page during non-sale times - click F5 61 times in under a minute and you'll get the waiting message.

1 hour ago, Mouseboy11 said:

That would explain the page not found that kept popping up...had to go back and forward again 

Noted for Sunday

I got tickets in 2016 and 2017 and was hammering refresh. Last year people said if you hammer the page you get locked out, so I refreshed about once a second and didnt get a sniff of anything in any sale. Same with this coach sale.  

In the main sale I think I'm going to say fuck it and refresh as much as possible. 

• Upvote 1

Ever since the demand has resulted in sellouts within the hour, regardless of equipment, browser, internet provider or whatever, it's purely luck. Since 2012 I've secured tickets on my 4g phone, my laptop and work desktop PC using various methods. Someone once scored my ticket using their tablet on dodgy WI-FI on a flight back from South Asia. As my and your good friend often says, "there is no pattern". 

4 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Right - sorry to add another moaning post but I haven’t had a sniff of the booking page since 2015. A friend of mine from up north got over 20 tickets!!!

am I refreshing too much or not enough? Should I be refreshing at all? I usually give it three seconds between refreshing!

I’m just convinced I need a change of strategy here. As much as I love working/volunteering at the festival, going as a punter again would be nice ya know?

Is he from Liverpool?

Just had a big post work drinks/Glasto debrief with a very techy colleague and he was saying how there seem to be so many scousers at Glasto that he thinks there's a some server business based there...or thereabouts.

I'd consider him to be full of shit but he also showed me a lot of maps of VPNs that he uses so I think he knows his shit

10 hours ago, Sasperella said:

Is he from Liverpool?

Just had a big post work drinks/Glasto debrief with a very techy colleague and he was saying how there seem to be so many scousers at Glasto that he thinks there's a some server business based there...or thereabouts.

I'd consider him to be full of shit but he also showed me a lot of maps of VPNs that he uses so I think he knows his shit

I’d say if he really knew his shit he’d know exactly where the servers are based as it’s very easy to find out. I can’t recall a server for the sale being based in Liverpool. He’d also know that although physical proximity to a server gives a small advantage in speed, getting a ticket isn’t dependent on the speed of connection. 

It’s far more likely that there’s a perception of a disproportionate number of scousers being there rather than any basis in reality, possibly because of their distinctive accent.