For those who got tickets....did you refresh or not?

LintonG

At the risk of sounding like a total tech novice (which I kind of am), if you use auto refresh, what happens when it changes from the holding page to the reg number pages? Does it automatically stop when the reg page loads, or is there a risk that it'll reload back to the holding page?

I cycled between my three windows and mobile refreshing each one, so probably about a 2 second delay or so between refreshing each one, got the booking page 5 times all in chrome, but kept freezing at diff points (including when I tried to pay, luckily it did go through) and was unable to buy for our second group ?

Refreshed like a cold pint on a hot day. Got through for Thursday after Wednesday sold out. 

3 laptops and two phones, lots of holding page and crashed pages, backwards and forwards but eventually got to enter details, that went through fine and had it been a straight ticket sale would have been the payment page...

We were after Bristol only though, and though it said there were 4 left they weren’t actually there.

That was my Plan B, only decided to go for the bus at 4pm!

15 minutes ago, Kinkyinuit said:

I’d say I was refreshing at around 6 times a minute and got in within 5 minutes.  I really thought I had no chance as am in Majorca using patchy hotel WiFi but I was fortunately proved wrong.

Good to hear this as I'm in fuerteventura trying for tickets on Sunday!

5 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

its fate !!! I reckon Chris martin will make a guest appearance ... for the tribute act 

That wouldn’t surprise me at all. The man gets around more than crabs

3 minutes ago, Skelts said:

Good to hear this as I'm in fuerteventura trying for tickets on Sunday!

Enjoy and good luck! Hopefully your room will have decent WiFi signal!

• Like 2

Does anybody have any positive experiences trying to access the site through a vpn, or by logging onto a virtual machine on Azure or AWS?

I have an Azure VM and I'm thinking of using remote desktop on one of my monitors to access it through the server but no idea if that's a waste of time or not.

Mine crashed and I didn't actually get the to the holding page until about 18.04

When I did bashed f5, every few secs and got in after about 30 seconds. Crashed a few times, including at payment, but just pressed the back button and pushed on, got the tickets by 18.08.

Bashed again after and got back in but then crashed and then they were sold out.

My main issue both times was actually getting to.the holding page, once I was there it was clear sailing.

One tab, one browser, 20mb WiFi.

17 hours ago, alibear said:

At the risk of sounding like a total tech novice (which I kind of am), if you use auto refresh, what happens when it changes from the holding page to the reg number pages? Does it automatically stop when the reg page loads, or is there a risk that it'll reload back to the holding page?

It will stop refreshing and let you put your details in to hopefully get to the next few pages to secure tickets

36 minutes ago, bombfrog said:

Does anybody have any positive experiences trying to access the site through a vpn, or by logging onto a virtual machine on Azure or AWS?

I have an Azure VM and I'm thinking of using remote desktop on one of my monitors to access it through the server but no idea if that's a waste of time or not.

I was using Safari on my laptop, plus chrome and Firefox using the NordVPN extension to give them different Eps, eventually got through on chrome with the VPN. I don't know if the logic behind it was actually correct, but seemed to work!

Refreshed every time the page stopped loading and got through once within about 7-8 minutes.

I continued trying for others and wasn’t successful. I managed to get the Wednesday or Thursday page several more times but when I then clicked on the day it took me back to the holding page.

51 minutes ago, bombfrog said:

I spun up some machines on AWS for myself and friends to remote desktop to and give us another another internet connection as it were. Didn't really help, almost all had connection timeouts most of the time. Plus there's definitely an element of overloading yourself with this stuff, it can get hard to keep track of.

My work machine was the most reliable performer. I got straight through to the busy page on two different browsers, had one steadily auto-refreshing, the other me doing manually. Got to a reg page but it kept hanging and by then I think we were down to the dregs of what was available coach wise so when I got through to next stage I couldn't get to payment. End result was nadda.

Knew of 8 other groups of friends of friends trying. None successful, a few getting past Enter Reg stage but then also found it hanging too. Brutal!

27 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

It will stop refreshing and let you put your details in to hopefully get to the next few pages to secure tickets

Unless you have an auto-refresh tool that inspects the page for changes and stops automatically then it will continue to refresh until you stop it manually.

You are however able to F5 a Registration page and retain it....so although the auto-refresh may appear to have stopped it is continuing but giving you the same reg page each time so it looks like its stopped.

57 minutes ago, bombfrog said:

Tried but didn't get past the holding page.

2 VM's (1 in London & 1 in Amsterdam)

VPN through to work going out on our uncontended line.

home connection through BT.

Android

- Although I didn't get to the ticket page I think it gives you a better chance using multiple connections as well as failover cover.

20 minutes ago, cerv said:

I spun up some machines on AWS for myself and friends to remote desktop to and give us another another internet connection as it were. Didn't really help, almost all had connection timeouts most of the time. Plus there's definitely an element of overloading yourself with this stuff, it can get hard to keep track of.

7 minutes ago, The_Amazing_Oblong said:

Tried but didn't get past the holding page.

2 VM's (1 in London & 1 in Amsterdam)

VPN through to work going out on our uncontended line.

home connection through BT.

Android

- Although I didn't get to the ticket page I think it gives you a better chance using multiple connections as well as failover cover.

That's good to know.

I'm still thinking of giving it a go though :D

59 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Unless you have an auto-refresh tool that inspects the page for changes and stops automatically then it will continue to refresh until you stop it manually.

You are however able to F5 a Registration page and retain it....so although the auto-refresh may appear to have stopped it is continuing but giving you the same reg page each time so it looks like its stopped.

I the person's point and what they were asking was it won't go back to the holding page once you get to regs due to auto refresh - which it shouldn't