Which browser worked best for you?

kalifire

1 hour ago, kalifire said:

I know technically this shouldn't matter, but Chrome (Incognito) was the absolute boss, for me. It connected when Firefox timed out and Safari didn't even get that far.

I was unsuccessful, but every time I refreshed with a private window in Chrome, it at least got through.

Anyone else?

Same for me but didnt get off the holding page

I got through on chrome for the 2017 sale and i didnt refresh at all. i refreshed this time on all the browsers i had going and nothing at all.

Why not make the poll of who refreshed constantly and who didnt to see if thats how you got through. I mean the ones that got in within 2 minutes, were you constantly refreshign and since in theory theres going to be more open slots at the beginning, thats what did it? Because its going to be few and far between once the sale gets going that a spot will open up.

Edited by Suprefan

39 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

Chrome. Though I’m not sure I quite forgive it for hanging after clicking the ‘Buy Tickets’ button and making me wait for the email to Confirm I have tickets

Exactly what happened to us. We didn't know we'd got them.

Chrome was an absolute shitshow right from the start on 2 of my devices. White page error screen, and didn't even get to the day selection for about 10 mins.

Opened safari and firefox at some point during the panic. Safari was the same, but Firefox got straight through to the day selection & holding pages.

Didn't get tickets, but will be using Firefox from the start on sunday. Even if it is all luck!

i had 4 computers all running chrome plus one also running opera. all in incognito or private mode. all using different IPs 1 my home network, 2 through VPNs and one tethered to my phone.

all were timing out when the sale started. by the end chrome and opera on the same machine had both gotten through to the holding page (on a VPN) and my laptop also on a VPN had gotten through to the holding page using chrome. none of them got past the holding page before sellout.

my friend who got our group tickets got through about 5 minutes in. he was running chrome NOT incognito single browser window and a single tab on a macbook. 

he never saw a holding page. he was timing out like the rest of us. then he saw the day choice screen, he picked wednesday and he was in the registration screen. he never saw a holding screen.

I didn't get a ticket but for me it was definitely Chrome. It was all a bit of a mess actually. I restarted my Laptop half an hour before the sale. I started Chrome, Edge and Firefox. Firefox crashed everything, so I had to quickly restart. This left  me with Chrome and Edge. At 6pm both of these crashed, out of the sale. That is they didn't even get to the holding page. But my O2 Samsung powered S6 did. It got to the holding page.

As I began to refresh the S6 I realised that I'd forgotten to link it to 4G and that it was eating my WiFI. Panicking I swapped it to 4G while it was on the holding page. Despite this, obvious mistake, the S6 wavered a little and weathered the storm. Then I tried Chrome at 6.10 and got the holding page. Edge was a no brainer. So I happily refreshed until Chrome reached the, all tickets allocated, screen. Then that was it.

So Chrome was a bit of a winner in the end. Even though I didn't get a ticket. I refreshed the, all tickets allocated screen, until it said the screen no longer existed. I wasn't sure if your supposed to refresh it. Does anyone know if your supposed to leave it to update? Because allocated doesn't necessarily mean sold out. Did anyone have any luck from waiting around on this sort of page?

15 hours ago, cheesey_toastie said:

Chrome but in previous years Edge seemed to be a silent hero. The weird one is when a browser hits the timeout / can't connect it seems to get stuck in that. 

Edge was definitely a silent hero for me (in terms of more reliable). One Incognito Chrome tab was more stable that a standard tab. Firefox was horrific. All in all, a 4G connection on my shitty 5/6 year old Motorola work mobile seemed to be best. Got through to the holding page instantly, never timed out or 'site cannot be reached etc'. still didn't get a ticket unfortunately.

I did notice Firefox was the worst browser for getting stuck in a timeout / cant connect loop. Once it failed to reach the site it would stay like that for ages, yet I was still connected on other browsers. That's my experience anyway, YMMV.

Time to regroup and prep new battle tactics for Sunday

Edited by pentura