Address didn't match registration error

northernringo

Not quite the same problem, but I got to the coach booking page (trying for friends), when I hit "buy tickets" the page would reload with only the lead booker's details showing. An error message would then appear saying the number of coach tickets must match the reg numbers - it thought I was buying 4 coach seats for one person! So annoyed... 

4 minutes ago, alibear said:

Not quite the same problem, but I got to the coach booking page (trying for friends), when I hit "buy tickets" the page would reload with only the lead booker's details showing. An error message would then appear saying the number of coach tickets must match the reg numbers - it thought I was buying 4 coach seats for one person! So annoyed... 

This happened to me...and when I refreshed everyone reg came up and it didn’t let me process and then would go back to just lead bookers reg.. this went on for 10 mins 

23 minutes ago, northernringo said:

One of my group got through and no matter which of the 5 of us he put in the second box he got an error for that box only saying - 'address doesn't match registration'.

Any idea what this could mean? All based in Northern Ireland

Could be the Backstop! Damn you Boris!!

Ok so I found the cause of the problem...

Despite me making a spreadsheet, sending it round and asking everyone to double check and confirm...

One of our 5 put Co Down as their post code instead of the post code they told me they used and have only just realised.

Incredibly frustrating.

So a follow up question - Do you think it will work on Sunday if we do all our details as expected but enter Co Down as his postcode? Or does the post code have to be a valid post code?

21 minutes ago, northernringo said:

Despite me making a spreadsheet, sending it round and asking everyone to double check and confirm...

One of our 5 put Co Down as their post code instead of the post code they told me they used and have only just realised.

Incredibly frustrating.

So a follow up question - Do you think it will work on Sunday if we do all our details as expected but enter Co Down as his postcode? Or does the post code have to be a valid post code?

get him to double check reg details on the site .... the other option is harsh .... and you know what that is 

56 minutes ago, northernringo said:

One of my group got through and no matter which of the 5 of us he put in the second box he got an error for that box only saying - 'address doesn't match registration'.

Any idea what this could mean? All based in Northern Ireland

Brexit

6 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

get him to double check reg details on the site .... the other option is harsh .... and you know what that is 

Sadly he has already said himself that he knows he might get culled!

He put Co. Down as his post code so the full stop in the middle could maybe cause an issue - we'll see on Sunday (hopefully)

11 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I'm with you. I'm all about the good Karma. I got through and went straight back for another group sadly not successfully. 

I asked my group for details again this morning and to re-check 1h before. They would have 100% been culled if they didn't bother to recheck. I did mine again just before 6. 

Still post the details here. If my friends get them I'll be here to help others too 

51 minutes ago, alibear said:

Same thing happened to me. Gutting 

1 hour ago, k8yphillips said:

This happened to me...and when I refreshed everyone reg came up and it didn’t let me process and then would go back to just lead bookers reg.. this went on for 10 mins 

23 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

Same thing happened to me. Gutting 

Glad I wasn't going mad, if nothing else... Hitting the back button reloaded all four registrations, but it went on for ages. So annoying.

1 hour ago, k8yphillips said:

And me...rather frustrating! 

1 hour ago, northernringo said:

Incredibly frustrating.

Co Down will work. I have mates who have "Ireland" "Dublin" and "IE" as their postcodes - as long as it's the exact match of what you put in the post code field when you registered then that's what works. 

@northernringo   You have GOT to get your mate to check exactly what they put in their registration.

Your mate can do that with https://glastonbury.seetickets.com/registration/lookup  You find the registration lookup under the general ticket info.  Your mate puts in their email address, and they should get back an email with the registration number and postcode that matches that registration.

Mate then passes that to all your group to enter into your spread sheets , and if you get lucky on Sunday THAT looked up post code, HOWEVER IT APPEARS on the looked up registration, is what you enter as their postcode.

The postcode must match the registration number as far as the computer is concerned- it's as simple as that.

Good luck

14 minutes ago, wetwipes said:

@northernringo   You have GOT to get your mate to check exactly what they put in their registration.

Your mate can do that with https://glastonbury.seetickets.com/registration/lookup  You find the registration lookup under the general ticket info.  Your mate puts in their email address, and they should get back an email with the registration number and postcode that matches that registration.

Mate then passes that to all your group to enter into your spread sheets , and if you get lucky on Sunday THAT looked up post code, HOWEVER IT APPEARS on the looked up registration, is what you enter as their postcode.

The postcode must match the registration number as far as the computer is concerned- it's as simple as that.

Good luck

Thanks wetwipes!

Sadly I had asked him to do this already (before yesterday's sale) but he clearly lied when he told me he did... frustrating!

He has now sent me his registration confimration email which lists his postcode as 'Co. Down'.

Hoping the full stop won't be an issue.

14 minutes ago, northernringo said:

Thanks wetwipes!

Sadly I had asked him to do this already (before yesterday's sale) but he clearly lied when he told me he did... frustrating!

He has now sent me his registration confimration email which lists his postcode as 'Co. Down'.

Hoping the full stop won't be an issue.

So you've all gotta put Co. Down in as his postcode or it will fail again.  The computer needs to see an EXACT match