Coach Station to Campervan Ground Question

Pandas

Hi all,

Hope you are all getting ready for the big F5 refresh battle for tickets.

I have a question I am hoping someone can help me with. After being unsuccessful with tickets last year, I am thinking about trying for tickets via coach tonight.  But we are also likely to join people in the Campervan East Field (or maybe West).  Does anyone know how easy it is to get to these fields from the Coach Station as it looks like the opposite end of the site: https://cdn.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/Webmap-2019-v4-1.jpg

Is there a shuttle or drop off, or do we have to schlep through the site with bags?

Thanks in advance.

P.

1 hour ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

You have to queue to get in, then schlep across the site & go out again - maybe an hour or more depending on conditions/how much stuff you’re carrying/how close to the gate the camper is.

That's exactly what we did this year, two of us who are middle aged, so not that fit or swift but yes did it in maybe an hour or so.  A bit slower on the way in obviously due to the first day ticket queue.

It's quite nice walking through the site having a look at stuff when it's all fresh to you that year, plus in our case we weren't carrying a tent.

On the way back it was quite nice, stopping off on the Monday for a coffee at one of the food stalls along the way.

I was pretty ruthless about my packing - ditched the wellies, etc once I knew the forecast was good and tried to not go overboard with clothes I would never wear.  

@Pandas in my case I simply wouldn't consider the alternative for the sake of two slightly challenging walks.

2 hours ago, clarkete said:

That's exactly what we did this year, two of us who are middle aged, so not that fit or swift but yes did it in maybe an hour or so.  A bit slower on the way in obviously due to the first day ticket queue.

It's quite nice walking through the site having a look at stuff when it's all fresh to you that year, plus in our case we weren't carrying a tent.

On the way back it was quite nice, stopping off on the Monday for a coffee at one of the food stalls along the way.

I was pretty ruthless about my packing - ditched the wellies, etc once I knew the forecast was good and tried to not go overboard with clothes I would never wear.  

@Pandas in my case I simply wouldn't consider the alternative for the sake of two slightly challenging walks.

I have just heard from Glasto help that if you book a coach/ticket combo you can't book a campervan place.  Bit of a bummer.

15 minutes ago, Pandas said:

I have just heard from Glasto help that if you book a coach/ticket combo you can't book a campervan place.  Bit of a bummer

It's plainly stated in the ticket info. Bit of a no brainer. What's the point of taking the more eco-friendly coach if you're have a campervan come along ?

1 hour ago, Pandas said:

I have just heard from Glasto help that if you book a coach/ticket combo you can't book a campervan place.  Bit of a bummer.

Sorry, when you said about joining people in the campervan fields, then I took that to mean you were either in their van or camped alongside.  

I can confirm if you've bought a coach ticket then it does indeed prevent you buying a CV pass when they go on sale.

5 hours ago, Lycra said:

It's plainly stated in the ticket info. Bit of a no brainer. What's the point of taking the more eco-friendly coach if you're have a campervan come along ?

We know someone close by to Glastonbury who pops a caravan in and we drive 200 miles. But hey ho, we got tickets tonight!!!! ? 

4 hours ago, clarkete said:

Sorry, when you said about joining people in the campervan fields, then I took that to mean you were either in their van or camped alongside.  

I can confirm if you've bought a coach ticket then it does indeed prevent you buying a CV pass when they go on sale.

Thanks for this.

14 minutes ago, annax said:

Give your stuff (rucksacks, tents, booze etc) to your caravan/campervan buddies. Then you just stroll through the site... think of it as early orientation...

Normally very doable but in this case they're arriving on coach package ticket and were looking to have a caravan predelivered. Issue = those with coach package tickets cannot purchase a campervan/caravan parking permit.

6 minutes ago, Lycra said:

Normally very doable but in this case they're arriving on coach package ticket and were looking to have a caravan predelivered. Issue = those with coach package tickets cannot purchase a campervan/caravan parking permit.

For a predelivered caravan, whilst they do indeed need a CV pass when the company drops it off, I'd suggest they aren't able to check the id of the pass matches that of the ticket holder, as the ticket holder isn't with the van. 

7 minutes ago, clarkete said:

For a predelivered caravan, whilst they do indeed need a CV pass when the company drops it off, I'd suggest they aren't able to check the id of the pass matches that of the ticket holder, as the ticket holder isn't with the van. 

Been wondering this myself. Suggests there must be a system in place to allow this and it may be worth @Pandas enquiring along these lines. However the  veto on coachers buying campervan passes to facilitate this may remain.

13 minutes ago, Lycra said:

Been wondering this myself. Suggests there must be a system in place to allow this and it may be worth @Pandas enquiring along these lines. However the  veto on coachers buying campervan passes to facilitate this may remain.

Oh they will certainly say you can't and indeed you can't buy your own pass if you come by coach, but if you had a friend with a general ticket they could buy you a pass.