Process for Coach Tickets and what order we see screens

Chrisp1986

Probably covered in posts elsewhere but lost amongst them, can anyone confirm what screens we should be seeing and what we need to input in what order? I am worried the adrenaline will kick in and I will accidentally f5 and lose the screen or accidentally close it! Do we choose how many tickets first then go onto another screen to choose city then that will give us a list of dates available? At what stage are those tickets ours? When we get to payment details or not confirmed as ours until payment is complete? Sorry for a probable repeat post but could not find details elsewhere and it's that long since I was successful in a sale!

The page isn't clear what happens first in the coach sale. I've never bought them myself but I'm pretty sure the first page you see, before you get to a page to enter reg numbers, is a page asking if you want Weds or Thurs departure. So you need to pick which day you're going for before you get to see list of departures/times left for that day.

Can someone confirm if I've remembered that right?

3 minutes ago, cerv said:

The page isn't clear what happens first in the coach sale. I've never bought them myself but I'm pretty sure the first page you see, before you get to a page to enter reg numbers, is a page asking if you want Weds or Thurs departure. So you need to pick which day you're going for before you get to see list of departures/times left for that day.

Yes, I’m pretty sure that’s right 

In the coach resale this year, the order of pages was this:

Refresh at 6pm -> Choose Wed/Thurs departure day -> Go to holding page -> Get through to Reg Numbers/Postcode page -> Click through to City/Time (if London/Bristol) selection page -> Click through to Payment Details page -> Confirmation of Order page

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, cerv said:

Correct.

It staggers me that See or GF can't get this simple stuff right.  

9 hours ago, cerv said:

So can you chose your timeslot upon purchase? Never done coach + ticket before but I heard that they just allocate you a time closer to the date?

2 minutes ago, BOBBY_FIRMINO said:

So can you chose your timeslot upon purchase? Never done coach + ticket before but I heard that they just allocate you a time closer to the date?

Only if you're travelling from London or Bristol. Everywhere else is left to the mercy of seetickets.

2 minutes ago, BOBBY_FIRMINO said:

For London and Bristol you can select your time, but anywhere else it’s just random and you find out in May some time.

1 minute ago, Curlygirl said:

Only if you're travelling from London or Bristol. Everywhere else is left to the mercy of seetickets.

Just now, Steveb72 said:

For London and Bristol you can select your time, but anywhere else it’s just random and you find out in May some time.

Cheers!

11 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

Question:

Does the credit / debit card need to be in the name of the lead booker?

Or can it be anyone on the list, or even a third party?

It can be anyone but I find the lead bookers is easier as it autofills cardholders address. I just use my credit card for all transactions and claim back later.

4 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

Thanks. This is great. I'm involved with a 31-strong syndicate. We need to be prepared as fuck!

With the potential card security I think this leaves us more open To trust  as buyers , I’m buying any I might be lucky ? to get on my card and trusting repayment ... better than adding those codes into the mix 

59 minutes ago, sophiemarie said:

I can see on this page that there's an option to get a single coach fare from London. This would be ideal for me (I'd like to get a separate ticket to Canterbury on the Monday).

Is there a way to select a single fare in tonight's sale? I can't remember being able to previously...

You can get single fares from Bath, Bristol, London, Reading or Taunton.

• Upvote 1