Pukkelpop 2020

TheNewUnion

1 minute ago, DDave said:

Chemical Brothers, Ken? 

Yes... and a lot of the same acts from Lowlands. Bon Iver cancelled though. Idk why, but Bon Iver and Belgian festivals are doomed since 2012 (and Dour was because of planning problems, Werchter was the main purpose).

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

Yes... and a lot of the same acts from Lowlands. Bon Iver cancelled though. Idk why, but Bon Iver and Belgian festivals are doomed since 2012 (and Dour was because of planning problems, Werchter was the main purpose).

Thanks Ken, much appreciated.

No RATM either, were never an option. They are in the mix for festivals around Werchter 2021. But because of the plans of Pearl Jam, they share important crew, I don't know if they are still available. Download has moved their festival to an earlier date, right? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ken19 said:

No RATM either, were never an option. They are in the mix for festivals around Werchter 2021. But because of the plans of Pearl Jam, they share important crew, I don't know if they are still available. Download has moved their festival to an earlier date, right? 

Download and NovaRock move their dates for one weekend earlier but I think it's because of the Rock Am Ring which move their dates to one weekend later. Or because of RATM you think?

1 hour ago, Archi said:

Download and NovaRock move their dates for one weekend earlier but I think it's because of the Rock Am Ring which move their dates to one weekend later. Or because of RATM you think?

Rock Am Ring moved their 2021 dates because there's already an event a week earlier on the site

10 hours ago, Ken19 said:

Thanks @Ken19! Do you mean local crew? Because RATM were supposed to be on tour in the US the same time PJ was supposed to be in Europe.

Have you heard news about the September EU dates for RATM? Are they going to be postponed or cancelled?

4 hours ago, DDave said:

La Route Du Rock has inevitably cancelled as well. They released the line up of what they had booked as well unless they'd done it before and I'd missed it. Would have seen a big chunk in the club/lift etc. 

FB_IMG_1588176953542.jpg

Maybe Kraftwerk was the Plan C for headlining Pukkelpop one night as Editors or Chemical Brothers were?

17 hours ago, DDave said:

La Route Du Rock has inevitably cancelled as well. They released the line up of what they had booked as well unless they'd done it before and I'd missed it. Would have seen a big chunk in the club/lift etc. 

FB_IMG_1588176953542.jpg

Shame we will never know the 2020 line-up. Given the names that were announced for other fests in the same period I'm pretty confident we would have had a great Club, Lift, Castello line-up. The headliners would have been weak as in plan D or E but to me PKP is more about the undercard and the smaller tents.

Curious to know if they had Girl Band...saw them 2 years ago in Antwerp. Excellent!!!

• Upvote 1

On 4/25/2020 at 12:26 PM, Ken19 said:

Looks like they play their rescheduled US dates all of the summer 2021.

11 hours ago, Karlos12345 said:

Looks like they play their rescheduled US dates all of the summer 2021.

They only have the last weekend of August + September for Europe... Like the announcement originally made for this year.

44 minutes ago, DDave said:

Hopefully they'll get rebooked for Pukkelpop. 

Really? That would be a very mediocre booking.

Last time they played resulted in probably one of the worst selling PkP days in recent (10+) years... They can't even sell out Lokerse Feesten in Belgium nowadays. 

3 hours ago, lighthouse said:

Last time they played resulted in probably one of the worst selling PkP days in recent (10+) years... They can't even sell out Lokerse Feesten in Belgium nowadays. 

I think it would be a great booking for PKP, they're still awesome live nowadays. They don't move many tickets, that's true, that's why they would need a second big (-ish) act, possibly a strong rock/pop/hip-hop act. In 2016 their day had no one near needed popularity (Noel Gallagher, Chase & Status, The Lumineers etc.), no wonder it sold poorly.

5 hours ago, lighthouse said:

My point is that they were according to Ken, booked for this year.

10 hours ago, lighthouse said:

As headliners, yes, but Main Stage, Marquee or Dance Hall closer, they are perfect. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1