Pukkelpop 2020

TheNewUnion

Get squid on the bill and have Squid, Shame, VB and IDLES (again) in the club one night.

Who knows headliner wise at this point. It would be nice to see slipknot do lowlands and pukkelpop to wipe that metal festival tag off them but it is a pipe dream.

So my last guess is Slipknot headlining with Courteeners subbing

57 minutes ago, tomato12345 said:

Get squid on the bill and have Squid, Shame, VB and IDLES (again) in the club one night.

Who knows headliner wise at this point. It would be nice to see slipknot do lowlands and pukkelpop to wipe that metal festival tag off them but it is a pipe dream.

So my last guess is Slipknot headlining with Courteeners subbing

If the Courteeners subbed for Slipknot I'd buy everyone on this message board their Pukkelpop ticket, flight, hotels, food and beer for the weekend. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, DDave said:

Dido, Craig David, Supergrass, Seasick Steve, Snelle and Equal Idiots ruked out (Lokerse Festeen)

Supergrass would have been great.

If Pukkelpop booked them, they would play main stage. and there would be nobody on the field. Lokerse is the best option in possible for them (Rock Zottegem was also a strong candidate). 

16 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

If Pukkelpop booked them, they would play main stage. and there would be nobody on the field. Lokerse is the best option in possible for them (Rock Zottegem was also a strong candidate). 

Do you think that Supergrass are not big enough to have a decent crowd in the Main Stage? 

Floggin Molly or Pennywise had big crowds in the last years and they are not bigger than Supergrass.

And, why not placing them in an early (maybe 4pm?) slot at the Marquee or a late slot in the Club (same a Johny Marr last year)?

Edited by johnybegood

So a poster on festileaks has been throwing random names over the last couple of days with no other comment. One of the of the other posters who has given regular solid information is suggesting he is/could be right. The names he has mentioned are

RATM, Drake, Robyn, Caribou, Bon Iver, Foals, The Teskey Brothers, Strand of Oaks, Millionaire, Soulwax, JPEGMAFIA, John Talabot

Most of these you could probably guess at as they're around. Drake is obviously the most wildcard shout as he's not on tour. Would certainly be a ticket shifter in terms of him and RATM. Stick Drake up against Shame and I'd be happy.

Edited by DDave

53 minutes ago, DDave said:

So a poster on festileaks has been throwing random names over the last couple of days with no other comment. One of the of the other posters who has given regular solid information is suggesting he is/could be right. The names he has mentioned are

RATM, Drake, Robyn, Caribou, Bon Iver, Foals, The Teskey Brothers, Strand of Oaks, Millionaire, Soulwax, JPEGMAFIA, John Talabot

Most of these you could probably guess at as they're around. Drake is obviously the most wildcard shout as he's not on tour. Would certainly be a ticket shifter in terms of him and RATM. Stick Drake up against Shame and I'd be happy.

The poster is a new account, so it is unclear if he is giving right information. 

Most of the names are possible though: JPEGMaffia, Bon Iver, Soulwax,...

I don't believe RATM and Drake. PKP can hardly afford one of the names, let alone both of them. 

48 minutes ago, Death By Sexy said:

The poster is a new account, so it is unclear if he is giving right information. 

I don't believe RATM and Drake. PKP can hardly afford one of the names, let alone both of them. 

Could be Ken just to make a point there to some non believers when the line up becomes public. :):):)

No seriously, RATM would be great but I saw that band when you had to see them...back in the 90's. In all honesty, given the gap in their schedule and the fact that LL is also still waiting for a headliner, I can see it happen. I also don't think they are really that expensive.

53 minutes ago, Death By Sexy said:

You'd think so. Adding 10 euros onto the combi tickets will add some euros to the budget though. You can bet the day tickets will have extra added to them as well. 

Maybe it's not so far fetched after all. 

9 hours ago, DDave said:

I'd be happy with that, but not sure how realistic it is. I hope it's coming soon as we have been waiting for ages now.

https://focus.knack.be/entertainment/muziek/coronavirus-welke-voorstellingen-gaan-door-en-welke-niet/article-longread-1574909.html

'Pukkelpop spokesperson Frederik Luyten said that it is much too early to decide whether or not the Kiewit festival will take place in August, but that the organization is following all advice closely'

what you'd expect really - still 5 months away, way too early to be shitting ourselves as to whether it's on or not.

Edited by DDave

38 minutes ago, DDave said:

https://focus.knack.be/entertainment/muziek/coronavirus-welke-voorstellingen-gaan-door-en-welke-niet/article-longread-1574909.html

'Pukkelpop spokesperson Frederik Luyten said that it is much too early to decide whether or not the Kiewit festival will take place in August, but that the organization is following all advice closely'

what you'd expect really - still 5 months away, way too early to be shitting ourselves as to whether it's on or not.

But they didn't ask the most important question: where are the goddamn first names???