Pukkelpop 2020

TheNewUnion

6 hours ago, FestivalJamie said:

So have we got any idea of who's playing Pukkelpop this year, or when the line up will be released?

Confirmed - None

80% plus chancers

Foals, Black Country, New Road, Soulwax, Noisia, Pendulum, Shame, Sigrid, Michael Kiwanuka, London Grammar, Bring Me the Horizon, Tash Sultana, Parquet Courts, Caribou, Denzel Curry, Jpegmafia, Coffee

Headliner/sub/closer options:

Chemical Brothers, Dua Lipa, Kings of Leon, Major Lazer, Die Antwoord, Slipknot, RATM, Bon Iver, Calvin Harris, Khalid, Robyn (and I'd still throw Nick Cave into the mix) 

When it get the first names? No idea. Thought we might get something today but literally nothings been stirring at all and the wishlist is still open. If they announce it like they did last year, If we don't get anything tomorrow it'll be another week at least I'd have thought. 

Edited by DDave
  • Like 1

Haven't done Sziget so can't comment. Atmosphere at Pukkelpop is really good and everyone is really friendly and up for a good time. The festivals strengths are it's varied line up, it's not a trek to go from tent to tent, almost always get a decent viewing position the organisation of it is the best I've seen at any festival/event (i.e. getting in, getting a drink, toilets etc). Weather is normally decent as well.

Runs from 12pm ish to 4am. Here's last years clashfinder https://clashfinder.com/m/pkp2019/?user=0ojeud.rm

Doesn't always get the bigger bands and the main stage is often the worst out of the lot but I'd rather a strong undercard, which Pukkelpop has most years.

• Like 1

to @DDave @Death By Sexy and all the other guys who usually book the Hostel H (and anyone else should be interested, of course).

Maybe you already know that, but I just discovered this tip: on the Radisson website there are interesting offers that make their rates ways lower than the ones on booking.com.

Registering to the website and booking now for the pkp days, you can get a triple room at Radisson Blue (4 stars, maybe many pkp artists stay there?) for 135€ per night or a double room for 109€, or a double at Radisson Park Inn (decent 3 stars) for 81€ per night.

• Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, gigi21 said:

to @DDave @Death By Sexy and all the other guys who usually book the Hostel H (and anyone else should be interested, of course).

Maybe you already know that, but I just discovered this tip: on the Radisson website there are interesting offers that make their rates ways lower than the ones on booking.com.

Registering to the website and booking now for the pkp days, you can get a triple room at Radisson Blue (4 stars, maybe many pkp artists stay there?) for 135€ per night or a double room for 109€, or a double at Radisson Park Inn (decent 3 stars) for 81€ per night.

I don't sleep at Hosel H, I live near Pukkelpop, so I sleep at home or at the camping :D

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, gigi21 said:

Thanks. Saw that the Radisson had good rates this year. We normally have tea/coffee up in the sky bar at lunch time before hitting the beers but they didn't open it up till 5pm this year. Lovely hotel though, might treat ourselves this year :-). Bands do stay there as well, shared a lift with Elbows keyboard player once

Good thing about the H Hostel is that it's so close to the station is that it stops us heading into the Irish Times when we should really know better.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, DDave said:

Confirmed - None

80% plus chancers

Foals, Black Country, New Road, Soulwax, Noisia, Pendulum, Shame, Sigrid, Michael Kiwanuka, London Grammar, Bring Me the Horizon, Tash Sultana, Parquet Courts, Caribou, Denzel Curry, Jpegmafia, Coffee

Headliner/sub/closer options:

Chemical Brothers, Dua Lipa, Kings of Leon, Major Lazer, Die Antwoord, Slipknot, RATM, Bon Iver, Calvin Harris, Khalid, Robyn (and I'd still throw Nick Cave into the mix) 

When it get the first names? No idea. Thought we might get something today but literally nothings been stirring at all and the wishlist is still open. If they announce it like they did last year, If we don't get anything tomorrow it'll be another week at least I'd have thought. 

Kraftwerk 3D playing at La Route Du Rock, St. Malo (FR) on friday August 21st. No Belgium/Netherlands dates at the moment.

7 hours ago, TheKiewitGuy said:

Really bummed that Balthazar is playing Lokerse Feesten. Went to their show in Brussels yesterday and I'm sure it would have been the highlight of the PKP weekend. What a band!

Why wouldn't they play PKP? It's a Belgian band who did only 2 Belgian shows last summer, so I'm expecting a lot of Belgian festivals that have booked them, including PKP.