Pukkelpop 2020

TheNewUnion

On 2/3/2020 at 11:48 PM, tomato12345 said:

Unless the Lowlands announcement is rubbish tomorrow I will probably get my ticket for that on Saturday and sell it on if the pukkelpop lineup is better. I will be at one of the two anyway. The dance and boiler aren't really my thing so unless there are a few bands in the club that stand out to me I wanna try lowlands out. I feel like pukkelpop could do with advertising its art side a bit more as petit bazar and the wooded area were cool last year but compared to lowlands it just doesn't seem as prevalent when you are researching them.

If you did not buy your LL ticket yet ...83% sold already.

Must say, hats off to Lowlands as they've absolutely excelled themselves this year. Yes, the line up is OK but the acid trip inducing website they've concocted is next level and a virtual night in on it's own! Brings me back to my youth...

If recent history is anything to go by, think the top end of our bill will look quite different to theirs and only expect Foals, London Grammar and Hollywood Vampires to definitely feature from their 'big' names on the programma page. Don't think we can completely rule out Rex Orange County and LG though as there's always a bit of overlap with the RW line up. Gutted about Disclosure and Bicep but again not completely giving up hope of either as they're not 'headliners' and are definitely popular enough for two Belgian festival appearances this summer. Same goes for Fontaines DC but not checked for any other August dates close to PKP so will wait to see what the craic is there!

Back to Lowlands, reckon we'll definitely get Georgia, Angel Olsen, Caribou, Denzel Curry, Fatima Yamaha, FJAAK Live, Glass Animals, Half Moon Run, John Talabot, Kaytranada, Koffee, Noisia, Parquet Courts, Pendulum, Shame, Soulwax and Ezra Collective. 

Really hoping Groove Armada make an appearance as they're back with the full live show. Playing before the Chems close the Marquee one night would be an absolute dream but sadly that's what it will probably remain!

Reckon we're looking at Tuesday 18th Feb for our first batch - bring it on!!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Semprini said:

Must say, hats off to Lowlands as they've absolutely excelled themselves this year. Yes, the line up is OK but the acid trip inducing website they've concocted is next level and a virtual night in on it's own! Brings me back to my youth...

If recent history is anything to go by, think the top end of our bill will look quite different to theirs and only expect Foals, London Grammar and Hollywood Vampires to definitely feature from their 'big' names on the programma page. Don't think we can completely rule out Rex Orange County and LG though as there's always a bit of overlap with the RW line up. Gutted about Disclosure and Bicep but again not completely giving up hope of either as they're not 'headliners' and are definitely popular enough for two Belgian festival appearances this summer. Same goes for Fontaines DC but not checked for any other August dates close to PKP so will wait to see what the craic is there!

Back to Lowlands, reckon we'll definitely get Georgia, Angel Olsen, Caribou, Denzel Curry, Fatima Yamaha, FJAAK Live, Glass Animals, Half Moon Run, John Talabot, Kaytranada, Koffee, Noisia, Parquet Courts, Pendulum, Shame, Soulwax and Ezra Collective. 

Really hoping Groove Armada make an appearance as they're back with the full live show. Playing before the Chems close the Marquee one night would be an absolute dream but sadly that's what it will probably remain!

Reckon we're looking at Tuesday 18th Feb for our first batch - bring it on!!

Think you're bang on with the LL names we'll get, I'd add the Fever 333 to that list as well. Ezra Colective played last year though so they're probably out. I'd also add BMTH if they go for a big rock headliner as well. Not sure we'll get Hollywood Vampires as they're schedule looks pretty full as is it. On a side note, Khalid is only free for the Sunday at either one of the festivals, my bet is that its either Pukkelpop or more likely neither. 

Still not sure we'll get the Chems either after 2016's relatively small main stage crowd. Although 2015 & 2016 were poor years for the festival from which they seem to have recovered from well in the last couple of years so you never know. The Chems live set and recent stuff is so much better than it was then 2016 as well. If they managed to book them to play in the Marquee it would be amazing. I just don't see it though. I do see them sticking someone big in the Marquee again though like the National last year. I'd still wager it will be Bon Iver. 

LL have done amazingly well to sell out in one day with a line up that to me looks to have 2 headliners still to come. Love how they don't seem bothered at all about accommodating the UK market and doesn't have any translations options on its website and all the tweets are in Dutch as opposed to PKP which is pretty much all in English. 

I'm thinking more and more that Pukkelpop may go down the route of booking a big name this year, possibly Eminem or I have a nagging feeling they might put on a big rock day and go for Slipknot (No Belgian dates so far) or RATM if the Leeds/Reading rumours are to be believed. Can see one night being something like BMTH / Slipknot / Die Antwoord which would shift a lot of tickets. 

I think we'll be in for another great edition. Soulwax, Foals, Parquet Courts and Shame is enough to get me over the line tbh. 

Edited by DDave

RATM is not playing any date in Europe this year.

This seems like the most probable for what we know so far.:

Kings Of Leon - Editors - Bon Iver
London Grammar - Bring Me The Horizon - Foals

edit: I'd expect Balthazar, Soulwax, FKA Twigs, Robyn etc. to be there aswell.. I expect a solid undercard but rather meh headliners.

Edited by arcuse

21 hours ago, arcuse said:

RATM is not playing any date in Europe this year.

This seems like the most probable for what we know so far.:

Kings Of Leon - Editors - Bon Iver
London Grammar - Bring Me The Horizon - Foals

edit: I'd expect Balthazar, Soulwax, FKA Twigs, Robyn etc. to be there aswell.. I expect a solid undercard but rather meh headliners.

I think Editors or KoL will be playing at RW (Hope so at least). Most likely Eminem will also play on PkP!

10 minutes ago, johnybegood said:

Is there any chance that RATM will be here if they have not been announced today? Why delaying the announcement?

I can’t see it happening, but POR played there last year...

It'd be a damn shame if they weren't booked. Privilege to see most of the band last year, to see them proper would be amazing. 

As much as I'd love them to play (more for the kudos the festival would get rather than me being a huge fan - would definitely go and see them though) I think this is the whole tour for the summer. They've just leaked R&L, Rock En Seine, Electric Picnic and Lolla Berlin so why hold back announcing a few other festivals that fall within those dates? Just doesn't make sense imo. They can completely suit themselves when they play and where so don't need to do a load of gigs just because they're here.

If those dates end up being the full tour then PKP sadly never had the chance to even book them. Let's see what happens though...

4 minutes ago, #1SzigetFan said:

RATM already have a show in Vienna on Sep 12, though.

Ah. Didn't see that one.

So, realistically they'd have to be over for just Pukkelpop & possibly Lowlands or a Ziggo Dome gig then as Frequency in Austria and Highfield in Germany would be ruled out. 

It'd still be a 10 day break after the MSG gig to Pukkelpop, which would give the stage crew and all their gear time to get over and to Europe. The band could have a week off and still get back to playing (and earning $$$$). Doubt they'd turn it down.

2 minutes ago, DDave said:

Ah. Didn't see that one.

So, realistically they'd have to be over for just Pukkelpop & possibly Lowlands or a Ziggo Dome gig then as Frequency in Austria and Highfield in Germany would be ruled out. 

It'd still be a 10 day break after the MSG gig to Pukkelpop, which would give the stage crew and all their gear time to get over and to Europe. The band could have a week off and still get back to playing (and earning $$$$). Doubt they'd turn it down.

The real question is how many $$$ Pukkelpop still has to spend these days.