Pukkelpop 2020

TheNewUnion

Unless the Lowlands announcement is rubbish tomorrow I will probably get my ticket for that on Saturday and sell it on if the pukkelpop lineup is better. I will be at one of the two anyway. The dance and boiler aren't really my thing so unless there are a few bands in the club that stand out to me I wanna try lowlands out. I feel like pukkelpop could do with advertising its art side a bit more as petit bazar and the wooded area were cool last year but compared to lowlands it just doesn't seem as prevalent when you are researching them.

https://www.nme.com/news/music/suede-to-play-coming-up-in-full-on-2020-uk-and-european-tour-2604582

No Belgian date for Suede which bodes well for a Marquee slot.

My last predictions before the Lowlands announcement comes tomorrow and blows it to pieces - Probably way too strong, not enough rock bands and I'm probably way out with the Boiler room as well. As outside bets that aren't on the list below I'd go for Lana Del Rey, Blink 182 and Deadmau5, to be in the mix and wouldn't be surprised if someone big played the Marquee like the National did this year. - My money would be on Bon Iver for that. Will all become a lot clearer tomorrow.

Main - 

Halsey / Vampire Weekend / Dua Lipa

Bon Iver / Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds / Major Lazer

Robyn / Editors / The Weeknd 

+ Foster the People / James Bay / Sigrid / Khalid / Two Door Cinema Club / Dave / Refused

Marquee 

Underworld / Caribou / FKA Twigs / Foals / Suede / Supergrass / Tash Sultana / Opeth / Gojira / Metronomy / Tank and the Bangas 

Dance Hall

Noisia / Soulwax / Pendulum - Trinity / Denzel Curry / Tove Lo / Etiene De Crecy - Space Echo (live) / Mabel / Gorgon City (live) / Skepta / Jpegmafia / Koffee / 

Club 

Jesus and Mary Chain / Parquet Courts / Mac De Marco / Shame / Ty Seagall / Squid / Bikini Kill / Fontaines DC / Fever 333 / Badbadnotgood / Tallest Man on Earth

Castello 

Thundercat / Digitalism / Georgia / Nu Guinea / Park Hye Jin / Kokoroko

Boiler Room

Andy C / Wilkinson (Live) / Adam Beyer / Dennis Sulta / MK / Mr. Oizo / Laurent Garnier / ANNA / Tiga / A-Trak

Lift 

Black Midi / Black Country New Road / Girl Band / Public Practice / Beabadoobee /  Nap Eyes / The Murder Capital

Edited by DDave

49 minutes ago, DDave said:

https://www.nme.com/news/music/suede-to-play-coming-up-in-full-on-2020-uk-and-european-tour-2604582

No Belgian date for Suede which bodes well for a Marquee slot.

My last predictions before the Lowlands announcement comes tomorrow and blows it to pieces - Probably way too strong, not enough rock bands and I'm probably way out with the Boiler room as well. As outside bets that aren't on the list below I'd go for Lana Del Rey, Blink 182 and Deadmau5, to be in the mix and wouldn't be surprised if someone big played the Marquee like the National did this year. - My money would be on Bon Iver for that. Will all become a lot clearer tomorrow.

Main - 

Halsey / Vampire Weekend / Dua Lipa

Bon Iver / Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds / Major Lazer

Robyn / Editors / The Weeknd 

+ Foster the People / James Bay / Sigrid / Khalid / Two Door Cinema Club / Dave / Refused

Marquee 

Underworld / Caribou / FKA Twigs / Foals / Suede / Supergrass / Tash Sultana / Opeth / Gojira / Metronomy / Tank and the Bangas 

Dance Hall

Noisia / Soulwax / Pendulum - Trinity / Denzel Curry / Tove Lo / Etiene De Crecy - Space Echo (live) / Mabel / Gorgon City (live) / Skepta / Jpegmafia / Koffee / 

Club 

Jesus and Mary Chain / Parquet Courts / Mac De Marco / Shame / Ty Seagall / Squid / Bikini Kill / Fontaines DC / Fever 333 / Badbadnotgood / Tallest Man on Earth

Castello 

Thundercat / Digitalism / Georgia / Nu Guinea / Park Hye Jin / Kokoroko

Boiler Room

Andy C / Wilkinson (Live) / Adam Beyer / Dennis Sulta / MK / Mr. Oizo / Laurent Garnier / ANNA / Tiga / A-Trak

Lift 

Black Midi / Black Country New Road / Girl Band / Public Practice / Beabadoobee /  Nap Eyes / The Murder Capital

Suede and Supergrass would be fantastic signings. Thats the reason I see them in Werchter (Supergrass) and Lokerse (Suede)

Btw, Opeth are playing Graspop and they are in Norway in PKP weekend.

I am sure that Refused will be there. The Hives are also a strong posibility. 

I wonder which will be the 90’s punk band that every year get signed (Pennywise, Floggin Molly, NOFX in the last years). Brakrock and Lokerse got all the “big” bands touring. Maybe Anti-Flag or Lagwagon shared with Graspop? Millencolin? I have no idea...

Edited by johnybegood
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, polnico said:

Ok I feel like we can write down the chemical bros, foals and London Grammar as likely for Pkp in terms of the "bigger names" Gosh that'd be a weak trio even though I love them.

Indeed, the top names are weak. 

But it has an interesting undercard with Heilung, Dubioza Collective, JPEGMafia,...

Pukkelpop could have a strong undercard like last year. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, polnico said:

Ok I feel like we can write down the chemical bros, foals and London Grammar as likely for Pkp in terms of the "bigger names" Gosh that'd be a weak trio even though I love them.

Well we ain't getting Lewis Capaldi, LG or Kiwanuka from the top names so think the Pukkelpop alternatives will be bigger and better than those 3.

Soulwax and Shame look a certainty, which is fucking great for me.

I'd be surprised (but not displeased) if they booked the Chems again.

And they booked the Hollywood Vampires! - we might get them after all

Overall, a very decent line up, looks promising for Pukkelpop.

17 minutes ago, Death By Sexy said:

Indeed, the top names are weak. 

But it has an interesting undercard with Heilung, Dubioza Collective, JPEGMafia,...

Pukkelpop could have a strong undercard like last year. 

Yeah the undercard indeed looks quite strong, really happy to see Caribou in there, a perfect way to end a day for me.

2 hours ago, DDave said:

Plenty of options here

Headliners

Pkp should put The Chainsmokers on their line-up, and when the show is about to begin, Squarepusher shows up to launch the hardest breakcore. Should be good.

Off-topic: I have tickets for an evening with Squarepusher, Plaid and Blanck Mass on my birthday. It's gonna be a helluva party. 

Edited by Death By Sexy
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, DDave said:

Again, nothing really disappointing from the RW names, apart from maybe Richard Hawley. 

Soulwax play Lowlands on the 23rd so Pukkelpop on the Saturday most likely. 

Fontaines D.C. is a big loss... I really love them, and I was hoping them in the Club one night.

Most of the bands I was expecting, are being announced by other belgian festivals...