Pukkelpop 2020

TheNewUnion

Dekmantal are always on point with their line ups and this year is no exception. Loads of DJs that would be ideal for the Booth on that poster and some really interesting live acts that I'd love to see announced too. Stand outs are 808 State and Front 242 but the worry is that Dour will mop a lot of them up.

They've just announced the latest edition of their club event Garnizoen and it features Charlotte De Witte, Matador and Black Mamba. It's Charlotte's turn this year to play PKP and wouldn't be surprised to see the other two there as well.

Been listening quite a bit since Friday to the new Georgia album and it's great. The singles are very strong but there's a few other tracks that are really growing on me. She puts on a fantastic live show too so reckon there's a good chance she'll be there this summer.

18 minutes ago, Semprini said:

Been listening quite a bit since Friday to the new Georgia album and it's great. The singles are very strong but there's a few other tracks that are really growing on me. She puts on a fantastic live show too so reckon there's a good chance she'll be there this summer.

Agreed, good album, also agreed she'll more than likely be there. 

My first reaction on seeing Front 242's name on that line up was "Blimey, are they still going?"

But they might make a good link with the past for the 35th anniversary since they played at the very first edition back  in 1985.

Philip Glass would be one hell of a coup for Pukkelpop. Not sure he'd really get the crowd rocking though...

Edited by Trufflehound

4 minutes ago, Death By Sexy said:

I thought Major Lazer didn't exist anymore. Shame.

The only name of that line-up I would pick is Andy C. 

I'd add Rudimental, to some extents, DJ EZ and also Eli & Fur - saw them in Washington in 2017 and they were surprisingly good - never thought I'd hear about them ever again tho

3 hours ago, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

I'd add Rudimental, to some extents, DJ EZ and also Eli & Fur - saw them in Washington in 2017 and they were surprisingly good - never thought I'd hear about them ever again tho

Not on this line up but Noisia are disbanding after this year, think they'll be there for sure. 

2 hours ago, johnybegood said:

Maybe Placebo is getting closer and closer to Pukkelpop 2020?

Marquee headliners, shouldnt be any higher than that now. 

Following on from Foals, again I don't see a reason why Vampire Weekend wouldn't have been announced today either so hopefully they'll be at PKP too as I'm sure it'll be one or the other. 

Edited by DDave
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, DDave said:

Marquee headliners, shouldnt be any higher than that now. 

Following on from Foals, again I don't see a reason why Vampire Weekend wouldn't have been announced today either so hopefully they'll be at PKP too as I'm sure it'll be one or the other. 

Vampire Weekend are in the USA in the 15th of August. There haven't been European dates announced in August. I can't see it happen. 

6 hours ago, Death By Sexy said:

Vampire Weekend are in the USA in the 15th of August. There haven't been European dates announced in August. I can't see it happen. 

I'd disagree.  Big gap of over a month after the 15th August gig so they could play PKP, Lowlands (still no Dutch festival so far and they played DTRH last year) Reading & Leeds, a couple of others and still have most of September off. 

Screenshot_20200125_071127_com.android.chrome.jpg

Puts the 1975 right in the frame now for a PKP appearance. No idea where they'd appear though. Main stage slot just before the sub? Hard to judge how popular they are over there, as far as I can see they've never even been in the Belgian charts. 

Edited by DDave