worthy view recommendations?

charissaquek

hey friends! i'm an international virgin glaston-er and looking to stay at Worthy View for the 50th! (if i manage to get tickets that is) 

Given as i've never been to glaston, am looking to get some recommendations on which type of WV accoms would be best. 

Will be going with a friend (total 2 pax) and was wondering if any of the WV accomodation have foam mattresses? are they all just air mattresses? Have been eyeing the podpads/yurts/cloudhouses!

thank you! 

p.s. any tips and tricks that a first time glaston-er should know would be very much appreciated :) best of luck on Sunday everyone! 

They don't have mattresses! You have to bring your own ... There used to be a shop at WV where you could buy them though, but I'm not sure if that disappeared last year.... If you search the forum for this subject there were plenty of discussionsaboitmit last year... 

• Like 1

Fleshing out previous advice, the accommodation at Worthy View is just a pre-erected tent of some description, be it a scout tent, bell tent, yurt or pod. No camping equipment is provided; you have to bring your own. Worthy View is just outside the fest site at the top of a steep hill. It has toilets, washing facilities and a few takeaway eateries, e.g. burgers, bacon butties etc. For Glasto 2019 prices started at £295 for a 2 person scout tent. Yurts & pods  were £445 & £400 respectively. 

If you're specifically looking for a fully set up camp, i.e.  pre-erected tent with all equipment, independent sites are available within walking distance of the fest. I general then are dearer than WV, often much dearer.

• Like 1

Hello! We were international virgins last year and booked a Worthy View 2 person scout tent. It was all they had available but it was pretty spacious for 2 people considering. The bellepads/yurts/little house things looked really cute though. We were able to rent air mattresses and sleeping bags from Worthy View as well. We ended up renting 2 single air mattresses and returned them after the festival. 

If you can score a Worthy View tent I would 100% recommend it. Just for the showers alone. I didn't use the good washrooms at the front cause they were too far but my friend did. I ended up using the porta potties which were always pretty clean. Truly the only downside to Worthy View (beside the price) is that its technically outside of the festival and a considerable walk to get back to from anywhere in the festival that isn't the Park. So once we left around noon we never went back to the tent until we were done at night. There was no popping back for us, but I'm sure some people did it.

Also the hill is annoying at the end of the night and we're both pretty fit. It's not a dealbreaker in the least but when you're sloshed and tired at 5 AM its kinda the worst. 

• Like 1