Supernatural Superstition

feral chile

I'm feeling a bit frivolous/irrational today, so thought I'd see if anyone had any strange experiences. And rational explanations for them.

I've had several, my latest was while we were driving to the hospital with what was later diagnosed as a staph infection.

I was very cold, semiconscious, it reminded me of how cold and dank it was underground in the earth. I've never been underground to my knowledge. I freaked the hell out of my husband, as I managed to stir myself enough to say, "I've enjoyed being your wife".

I have played about on the beach as a kid, so maybe I was remembering being underneath wet sand. 

It still bothers me though.

Over to you.

Edited by feral chile

I've never been afraid of rollercoasters, I love them in fact. I've been on oblivion at alton towers numerous times, but this one time for whatever reason when it was my turn to sit on the ride I jumped off the seat immediately and hopped over to the otherside and went out of the exit. My friend stayed on the ride and just before the vertical fall he said the seat I would have been in unbuckled and the security harness unlocked. I've heard others speak about the same experience while on the ride so it was pure coincidence but still felt freaky at the time.

On 10/1/2019 at 2:12 PM, santowhir said:

I've never been afraid of rollercoasters, I love them in fact. I've been on oblivion at alton towers numerous times, but this one time for whatever reason when it was my turn to sit on the ride I jumped off the seat immediately and hopped over to the otherside and went out of the exit. My friend stayed on the ride and just before the vertical fall he said the seat I would have been in unbuckled and the security harness unlocked. I've heard others speak about the same experience while on the ride so it was pure coincidence but still felt freaky at the time.

I suppose the rational explanation is that we only notice the coincidences.

We were saying how we missed hearing from our grandchild now I'm back in work, when the phone rang, and it was a videocall from our DIL/grandchild.

There was much utterance of how uncanny it was. But of course, we disregard all the other similar conversations that didn't have a call at the exact time.

Edited by feral chile

10 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Not really what you are on about, I suppose, but I sometimes get feelings of déjà vu, which feel very real to me. It's at those moments, when I get as close to being spiritual as I can get. It's not always a nice feeling though. Sometimes it can even be a little harrowing.

Yes, deja vu counts. I know scientists try to explain it as brain echoes, but I'm not convinced.

Similar to my example above, it was the experience of misplaced familiarity that was so eery.

3 hours ago, feral chile said:

Yes, deja vu counts. I know scientists try to explain it as brain echoes, but I'm not convinced.

Similar to my example above, it was the experience of misplaced familiarity that was so eery.

Yes, I don't like the eery feeling, and it can take some time to shake it off.

I've had other 'spiritual' type moments when on a bright sunny day, I've seen both the sun and the moon in the sky. I've kind of had a sense of the cosmos at these moments. I really can't find the words to explain it, but I guess I've sensed a sort of belonging to the universe.

Just to add to the above, I like this passage - which I think, but am not sure, that I first read on efests;

cs_pale_blue_dot.jpg

2 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Yes, I don't like the eery feeling, and it can take some time to shake it off.

I've had other 'spiritual' type moments when on a bright sunny day, I've seen both the sun and the moon in the sky. I've kind of had a sense of the cosmos at these moments. I really can't find the words to explain it, but I guess I've sensed a sort of belonging to the universe.

Just to add to the above, I like this passage - which I think, but am not sure, that I first read on efests;

cs_pale_blue_dot.jpg

Love it.

❣️