Multiple ticket groups

Fishinginthelongdrops

Please note, your registration numbers will be locked for up to 10 minutes if your details are entered incorrectly, an attempt to book is already held against your registration number, or your 5 minutes on the booking page ends. 

I have a question about this perhaps i am interpreting it wrong but might as well ask.
Say person A puts in the reg details of the whole group and starts their way through the booking process
Say 10 seconds later person B gets to the enter reg details page and enters registration details for the same group and presses proceed before person A has managed to check out.
Will the actions of person B cause person A to be kicked out of the checkout process and the registrations to be locked for 10 mins? or will person B just be told they can not continue, and person A can continue to the checkout?

Edited by padraig61091

1 hour ago, padraig61091 said:

I have a question about this perhaps i am interpreting it wrong but might as well ask.
Say person A puts in the reg details of the whole group and starts their way through the booking process
Say 10 seconds later person B gets to the enter reg details page and enters registration details for the same group and presses proceed before person A has managed to check out.
Will the actions of person B cause person A to be kicked out of the checkout process and the registrations to be locked for 10 mins? or will person B just be told they can not continue, and person A can continue to the checkout?

If anybody just heard a distant popping noise that was my head exploding. ?

I canna take no more captain. 

Time for a wine. ? a large one.

was Padraig 6 taken ? :) 

• Upvote 2

The honest answer is I don’t know but to avoid this ive basically told my group NO MESSAGES in the group chat until you get through, at which point just wrote “in” to save time so everyone else in your group knows not to try until you have it confirmed.

Of course I guess the chances of 2 of us getting through at the same time are probably slim to none considering none of us got a sniff once last year.

1 minute ago, DareToDibble said:

The honest answer is I don’t know but to avoid this ive basically told my group NO MESSAGES in the group chat until you get through, at which point just wrote “in” to save time so everyone else in your group knows not to try until you have it confirmed.

Of course I guess the chances of 2 of us getting through at the same time are probably slim to none considering none of us got a sniff once last year.

I had three (including me) get through last year. My friend entered my reg number incorrectly, I got through to the payment page and he then got a message saying an attempt to book or a booking (I can't remember) is held against this number.

Edit: when we looked we had all gotten through within 1 minute of each other too.

Edited by vintagelaureate

2 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

mine is similar except a photo of the confirmation screen is acceptable :) 

1 minute ago, vintagelaureate said:

I had three (including me) get through last year. My friend entered my reg number incorrectly, I got through to the payment page and he then got a message saying an attempt to book or a booking (I can't remember) is held against this number.

Edit: when we looked we had all gotten through within 1 minute of each other too.

WELL THEN. I’ll just get back in my box and sit quietly :lol:

That’s incredible though to be fair mate, well in!

NOTE: This is why people should be very careful about listening to me!

18 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

WELL THEN. I’ll just get back in my box and sit quietly :lol:

That’s incredible though to be fair mate, well in!

NOTE: This is why people should be very careful about listening to me!

Only year it's ever happened to be fair!

4 hours ago, Fishinginthelongdrops said:

Trying again is one thing (once you’ve reached the registration page once you can often get back on quite quickly), but potentially being locked out for 10 minutes could be a game changer.

Yeh, I know from personal experience it can fuck people over. In 2014 we had a group who got to payment, and it tells you one of your reg numbers had bought a ticket, by the time they'd worked out what was going on, the system had bottled them out and they never got back in. 

The first rule of glasto tickets is: don't be in multiple groups!!! Make sure everyone knows that. I had to be really firm last year and tell one person that he had to pick. Unfortunately, he picked the group that didn't end up with tickets ?

1 hour ago, Pinhead said:

This plus the additional bank verification.....

There may be trouble ahead...

Oh yeah there are going to be loads of posts around saying how people got kicked out at payment and it should all just be a ballot system anyway.

Hopefully we have a high success rate on here.

19 hours ago, sirjonnyp said:

Don't do it. It's an absolute dick move. 

Last year three people in our group of six put themselves in another group of six without telling other people involved. The other group got through and got tickets. Then I got through. Entered everyone's details, got told that the three numbers were in use, so removed them immediately, hit proceed and was bounced out to the holding page. We never got another sniff.

Thanks to the selfishness of those three people, three of us didn't get tickets and cleaned toilets instead. 

Don't be a dick. 

Did you meet up on site and make up or is it still a sore subject?!

1 hour ago, Padgey said:

Did you meet up on site and make up or is it still a sore subject?!

I haven't seen those three for two years now and intend to keep it that way. They had already messed me around before then and I had seen getting tickets together as the olive leaf, water under the bridge manoeuvre. How wrong I was. It still really gets me down. 

17 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

was Padraig 6 taken ? :) 

Yup apparently it’s a very common name here 61090 padraig’s registered here before me :P

Jokes but you don’t need to be Sherlock Holmes to know what those numbers stand for, and why seetickets should really give me a free pass on Sunday and just let me have some stress free tickets

Yup apparently it’s a very common name here 61090 padraig’s registered here before me :P

Jokes but you don’t need to be Sherlock Holmes to know what those numbers stand for, and why seetickets should really give me a free pass on Sunday and just let me have some stress free tickets

ok you live near by for the Sunday tix?

but the 61091 got me stumped

One group all day.

If you are lucky enough to get through and secure tickets for your group/squad try to get in again (which is very common actually) Jump back on Efest and randomly try for others. Ive been successful twice in getting tickets for strangers after securing my own.

22 minutes ago, flyleen said:

One group all day.

If you are lucky enough to get through and secure tickets for your group/squad try to get in again (which is very common actually) Jump back on Efest and randomly try for others. Ive been successful twice in getting tickets for strangers after securing my own.

It used to be the case but I think that ship has sailed. 

I hope I'm wrong though and deliver 10 coach tickets and a few more on Sunday! Good luck!