Multiple ticket groups

Fishinginthelongdrops

Sorry, this is discussed in other threads but I find conflicting information.

What are people’s opinions on being in multiple ticket groups?

Is there a real risk that you could harm other people’s chances of getting tickets by being in more than one group?

Does the info on locking registrations change things this year - has anyone managed to get a definitive answer if 1 person in your group already has a ticket would the other 5 registrations get locked?

AA0DC307-6D89-4359-9EA5-5B1E395D27D5.jpeg

Yes - you will harm other people's chances.

If you are in three groups, A, B and C and someone in Group B is successful then if Group A and C get through while still trying your registration details, etc. they will get kicked.

The standard advice is don't give your details to more than one group.

I'm not saying to do it or not to do it, but can someone please answer this - if any booking is communicated immediately and everyone sees the confirmation and reacts accordingly, is there a problem? Is the problem just if someone booking doesn't know and tries to continue? And if they do, aren't they told which booking there's an issue with anyway so therefore it's only a problem if it sells out in those few seconds it takes to switch to someone else?

I don't really see a problem with being in multiple groups as long as you are open about it to those groups, and communication is good. I know about 15 people trying this year, and I will happily try for all of them, but as they don't necessarily all know each other, multiple groups have formed.

34 minutes ago, duke88 said:

But doesn't it only block the one number? It won't prevent the rest of the group from purchasing if they get through surely.

If they get through and try for tickets, whilst still using the OP's registration (ie if they haven't told them they are successful), then as far as I understand, they get kicked and have to try again.

2 minutes ago, northernringo said:

If they get through and try for tickets, whilst still using the OP's registration (ie if they haven't told them they are successful), then as far as I understand, they get kicked and have to try again.

Indeed, given that the window of opportunity will be fleeting and that folk will be extraordinarily fortunate to even get to the point of putting in registration details, the idea that some have that you could identify and remove the duplicated details and retry is highly optimistic. 

There are plenty here who will attest that it's happened to them in previous years and they did not look kindly upon those who were successful but thwarted their chances.

5 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Indeed, given that the window of opportunity will be fleeting and that folk will be extraordinarily fortunate to even get to the point of putting in registration details, the idea that some have that you could identify and remove the duplicated details and retry is highly optimistic. 

Does it not immediately come up in red so you can switch it? Understand it takes a few seconds to do so but where's this issue with identifying? Are you saying it doesn't tell you which reg is the issue?

1 minute ago, The Martini Police said:

Does it not immediately come up in red so you can switch it? Understand it takes a few seconds to do so but where's this issue with identifying? Are you saying it doesn't tell you which reg is the issue?

I've heard of people having the issue and failing, then finding out that was why after the sale.

I've never heard of anyone experiencing that issue, identifying the perp and then successfully submitting the other registrations.

This warning isn't exactly about multiple groups as even one group of  2 people trying can both be trying and enter card details incorrectly, have a concurrent booking attempt, or time out.

But yeah, it's very likely that someone being in multiple groups will sabotage any following groups that get through once a ticket is secured for them.

Don't do it. It's an absolute dick move. 

Last year three people in our group of six put themselves in another group of six without telling other people involved. The other group got through and got tickets. Then I got through. Entered everyone's details, got told that the three numbers were in use, so removed them immediately, hit proceed and was bounced out to the holding page. We never got another sniff.

Thanks to the selfishness of those three people, three of us didn't get tickets and cleaned toilets instead. 

Don't be a dick. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 10

1 minute ago, duke88 said:

I had a problem with one of the reg numbers while purchasing in the resale, it didn't kick me out, it just highlighted the one that was the problem. 

Interesting, that's different to what I've read on here from a few so maybe it has been changed to solve this issue.

1 minute ago, northernringo said:

Interesting, that's different to what I've read on here from a few so maybe it has been changed to solve this issue.

I mean, I don't want to give bad advice, I can only comment on what happened when I did it, and it didn't cause any problems. This was for the 2017 resale.

If one in a group dos have tickets it will highlight that in red on the booking page so you can identify who to remove.

If that one is number 3 of 6 you have to move all the others up to leave the gap at the end.

This all takes time.

Over the years I have seen 3 times a group fail because of one or more selfish people who do not stick with the same group where ever they are trying for tickets.

2 minutes ago, duke88 said:

It was an incorrect reg number, I texted her and got the correct one. But I could have just removed her, it didn't kick me out because there was a problem. 

Ah great thanks for the info!..i was worried about what to do if i hit that wall cos i dont know a few people in our group very well but its dog eat dog come thursday evening lol

15 minutes ago, keeponrockin said:

Ah great thanks for the info!..i was worried about what to do if i hit that wall cos i dont know a few people in our group very well but its dog eat dog come thursday evening lol

Well don't you sound charming. Hopefully the other people don't think the same of you when they get through. 

37 minutes ago, duke88 said:

I had a problem with one of the reg numbers while purchasing in the resale, it didn't kick me out, it just highlighted the one that was the problem. 

This happened to me but I'd just missed a number from the start of the reg so it technically wasn't a real reg linked to anyone. Think it's totally different when the reg is already used as it does exist you just can no longer allocate a ticket to it.

1 hour ago, The Martini Police said:

I'm not saying to do it or not to do it, but can someone please answer this - if any booking is communicated immediately and everyone sees the confirmation and reacts accordingly, is there a problem? Is the problem just if someone booking doesn't know and tries to continue? And if they do, aren't they told which booking there's an issue with anyway so therefore it's only a problem if it sells out in those few seconds it takes to switch to someone else?

If they let people know then fine, but in all the emotion and frenzy of T-Day it's easy for messages to be missed or to distract, just keep focused on the task in hand.

I suppose being in more than one group just offends my notion of fair play.