guypjfreak

How long you been with eFestivals.. A little bit of fun   

263 members have voted

1. 1. How long have you been a eFestivals member

• One year or less.. Joined for this glastonbury
    • 3 years plus only pop on about glastonbury time
    • 5 years plus.. Keeps you going between glastonburys
    • 10 years more or less lol.. Can't figure out how or why your still here
    • 15 years there abouts.. Cos your nuts.
    • How many are gold members

Just realised that you can't vote years plus gold.. Neil could you tell please take the gold poll off. 

Well we're up to group j on our list but I'm going solo on coach again.. I'll add my friend to the Sunday list but so you knows I'll be trying for NFR.. Whilst wife does old sons.. 

Don't know if anyone knows Bob from pimms tent on row mead well he did have one leg but now has no legs.. He missed last year due to the fact that they had just chopped it off but he's ready for next year.. If I get coach tix I'm putting him in my slot. 

Fuck knows why I wrote all that but there you have it. 

13 hours ago, lukethekid said:

Why have you given up on going to Glastonbury if you don’t mind me asking? 

Well, there's a few reasons really. Firstly, I only ever went to the festival to be with my mates (who are dispersed across the country) for a few days. Don't get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoyed the festival, but in later years, hardly got away from the camp site. So, it was quite an expensive operation, to just, essentially, camp in a field. On top of that I'm too old now to go galavanting across, what is now, a huge site. On top of that, I'm now rather taken with smaller festivals. 

3 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Well, there's a few reasons really. Firstly, I only ever went to the festival to be with my mates (who are dispersed across the country) for a few days. Don't get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoyed the festival, but in later years, hardly got away from the camp site. So, it was quite an expensive operation, to just, essentially, camp in a field. On top of that I'm too old now to go galavanting across, what is now, a huge site. On top of that, I'm now rather taken with smaller festivals. 

Evening Yog. What small festivals are you fancying then? We’re booked in for Greenman next year but always keen to find new ones! 

12 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

So would you say the festival is wasted on you? I first started going to Leeds festival from about 2003 and after the first couple of years I was hardly getting away from the campsite and like you was only going to have a laugh with my mates, so it was a pretty expensive weekend for what it was. Glastonbury was different though, there was more to it than just getting twatted in a field. 

Joined 2009 when first thought about heading to Glastonbury. Before that I used to lurk in the old T in the Park section before it got binned. Only really started posting in the last couple of years so I still feel like a "newer" poster than some of the people who from this thread turn out to have been here half the time I have.

Been on here since 2015 I think. The Glastonbury forum is vital to my well being once we get into Ticket day. Even failing to get a ticket the resale and secret resale threads can be a great comfort. Also my one appearance at the e-fests meet in 2017 was tremendous fun. Quite happy to be a gold member, something this good deserves our support

Edited by Hotchilidog

3 hours ago, eFestivals said:

I don't believe I can, there's no edit I can see for the poll.

Oh well never mind.. Not the end of the world is it.. I mean if by Sunday I'm not having a celebrating drink cos I haven't got a tix then THATS the end of the world lololol.. 

simpsons_shot.jpg

Lurked on the Leeds/Reading boards around 07-09 and finally joined in 2010 when I was prepping myself for my first Glasto in 2011.

I'm hardly a prolific poster, but this site is a big part of my Glastonbury experience, and I wonder if that's why my friends aren't quite as obsessed with the place as I am!

13 hours ago, semmtexx said:

Evening Yog. What small festivals are you fancying then? We’re booked in for Greenman next year but always keen to find new ones! 

I like Shambala as a smaller but full on festival. However I now find myself going to smaller festivals than that eg The Landed festival and Something Else in the Dean. These last two tend to be a little more 'earthy'. I've also been to Equinox, which was a great little festival. I keep meaning to get to Bearded Theory, but haven't got there yet. 

13 hours ago, lukethekid said:

So would you say the festival is wasted on you? I first started going to Leeds festival from about 2003 and after the first couple of years I was hardly getting away from the campsite and like you was only going to have a laugh with my mates, so it was a pretty expensive weekend for what it was. Glastonbury was different though, there was more to it than just getting twatted in a field. 

Yes, I do think that the festival would now be wasted on me. I think that I'll still enter competitions for it for next year, but wouldn't do so for any further years than that. This is because part of me thinks that if I'm ever to have one last fandango at the place, then to do it on it's 50th birthday would be the time to do it.

On 10/2/2019 at 6:49 AM, eFestivals said:

I don't believe I can, there's no edit I can see for the poll.

Anyone who's put 15 years and still hasn't paid for gold yet has got to be super tight - so you can probably assume at least 17% :)

I found eFestivals by accident when I moved in with my grandad for a bit after my nana died. That was October 2014 so exactly 5 years. I've been GOLD for most of that. It's a small price to pay for the friendships I've made during the last 5 years. I've recently been on a little road trip to the farm and round the country visiting and staying with said friends. Thank you eFestivals.