A little poll to get a feel for where efestivaler's 'heads are at'

Chrisp1986

A little poll to get a feel for where efestivaler's 'heads are at'  

333 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following options best describes you?

• I am trying on Thursday as I would rather get the coach.
    • I am trying on Thursday but would rather have general sale.
    • I am waiting until Sunday.

9 hours ago, evannn said:

52 cars going to their nearest pickup point + one coach going to the festival < 52 cars going to the festival

Yeah I get that but I know some peeps who have driven right across the country to pick up their coach. More about saving on field car parking rents to local farmers maybe..

3 hours ago, kalifire said:

I think that’s where I’m at as well. I’d try and make peace with doing something else next year if Sunday doesn’t deliver. I don’t think I could invest in following all the announcements and getting excited if I knew that not going was still a serious possibility. 

If I don’t make it I’ll just sit and watch it at home with the kids.

Only trying for the main sale, I want to go for coach but Mr Charm says no. 

If I fail I’m not going for the resales, will be escaping to Ibiza during festival week, went there during the fallow and this year, had a fantastic time, it’s a good Glastonbury replacement for me. 

Charm x

52 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

Yeah I get that but I know some peeps who have driven right across the country to pick up their coach. More about saving on field car parking rents to local farmers maybe..

Ah, I hadn’t heard that! I guess for people who book coach together but live apart  it’ll stack the miles up as well

1 hour ago, Pinhead said:

You seem to think that means that's what the majority are doing and it clearly isn't.

I'm heading towards 10 years with this registration but I was here before that as a lurker and with a previous registration. It's all glasto for me. I'm on here 2 or 3 times a day. Yeah I'm nuts and currently losing sleep over Sunday. 

Edit. Sorry wrong thread. Never mind.

Edited by baggienick68

1 hour ago, clarkete said:

You seem to think that means that's what the majority are doing and it clearly isn't.

Yeah I don't think it's the majority at all. I don't drive for example so would be getting a coach either way (appreciate the train is greener, but it doesn't drop off directly at the site so it's the convenience factor).

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Yeah I don't think it's the majority at all. I don't drive for example so would be getting a coach either way (appreciate the train is greener, but it doesn't drop off directly at the site so it's the convenience factor).

Aye, I've got the coach a few times and only once have I travelled out of the way, the rest of the time it's been en route so has genuinely been beneficial. 

The one time it wasn't was a secret resale, which for coaches was very much about compromise to suit what became available - but we used public transport to get to that coach so it wasn't too bad.

The other passengers on the coach from Bristol were a fraction of my age and I'd have been very surprised if the majority didn't work or study there, the excitable wee pups.

Head is definitely worried! Managed to book early birds for Greenman the other week so happy about that.

Coach isn't really an option as want to come in camper van. We do bring our mates in the van so at least there is four of us in it. 

Edited by semmtexx

Everyone’s circumstances are different, but for me any chance of a ticket has to be worth a try!

Having said that...

The only year I had a coach ticket the bus never arrived due to weather related chaos and I ended up taking the train instead.  Got to the site and tickets were still with the driver who was sat in a lay-by somewhere having exceeded his driving hours.

Ticket office still wouldn’t let me in even though they had been in contact with the driver and knew I had a valid ticket.

Tickets eventually arrived around midnight after the driver had a nice nap.

12 hours ago, clarkete said:

Not the majority for sure, but the coaches dont leave from every town so I reckon a far few car journeys are made to pick them up. Glasto is just so popular some people are prepared to make those journeys.

13 hours ago, Pinhead said:

Do you really think that's the majority?  I've never met anyone on the coach who does that and I've used it every time I've been since 2014.

I get the coach every year, but much prefer doing so in the General Sale then going down with National Express. It gives you more options on times, rather than settling for what's still on sales when/if you get on the page.

Also gives me the option to get the car if I want. However I much prefer getting the coach. But that's for another discussion...

Possibly needs a fourth voting option?

Along the lines of:

I will be trying on Thursday with never any intention of going by coach, but am in fact just doing a dress rehearsal for Sunday and thereby clogging up the queue and bandwidth for genuine coach wanters and am deffo waiting 'till Sunday. (though that's possibly easy for me to say as I have a work option as back up).

Plus pretty much everything @Pinheadhas stated in this thread is true in my experience.

I was recently introduced to a person at work whos crowd are quite apparently quite prepared to do the, "get whatever coach tickets we can on the Thursday, we would rather not have to, but that's what it's come to to get in...", type thing. They honestly don't seem to mind dropping the cash to do the "get Glasgow coach tickets even though we're in Kent", thing.

"We drove a couple of cars to Castle Cary from Kent. Got a train back to Kent. Then we all got a train to London from Kent. In order to get a plane to Glasgow. in order to get a coach to Glastonbury". is honestly what they told me. Really thought that type of thing may have been an urban myth I'd picked up from a certain forum I frequent, but they convinced me that that is the lengths that they will go to.

Not very green and kind of defeats the point doesn't it?