A little poll to get a feel for where efestivaler's 'heads are at'

Chrisp1986

A little poll to get a feel for where efestivaler's 'heads are at'  

333 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following options best describes you?

• I am trying on Thursday as I would rather get the coach.
    • I am trying on Thursday but would rather have general sale.
    • I am waiting until Sunday.

I need to travel over from Ireland.  In previous years, I've been happy enough to try for a coach ticket and see where we land, but its too much of a faff as I get older to be honest (particularly as you need to go with whatever time is allocated to you). 

A general sale ticket allows me to spend as little time travelling as possible, ideally a return flight from Belfast to Bristol and then a short coach journey to the site.  In a previous year it was Belfast - Dublin - Leeds - Glastonbury

I always go for the coach as it gives a second chance, but I go from London so I can at least pick my time. I need to get public transport anyway and there's not much difference pricewise between See tickets and National Express. Only annoying thing is going from the bloody O2 but still worth it to get tickets done and dusted on Thursday. I do wonder how many people who never try the coach sale have actually failed in the main sale! Not a nice feeling. 

6 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

Coaches kind of defeat the point of what Glasto is trying to achive I think. Loads of people I know going for coach tix this year as the allocation has increased, but will drive (or travel at least) to where the pickup is. That means more journeys - ergo more carbon surely?

Do we know for certain there is increased coaches thos year?

Going for coach. Happy to use them, makes for an easy journey though they can be frustrating at times as you just want to get there and half hour services stops are annoying. Slightly put off by getting a midday departure last time I went by coach but worth it for an extra shot.

After 3 years in attendance (2003-2005), and two years trying and failing (2017, 2019) we're going for coaches for the first time. We're flying in from America so we figured it makes more sense than putting our eggs all in one sales basket just to get public transport anyway.

• Upvote 1

I’ve always tried for general sale but having missed out originally last year the fear has led to me (and all my group) trying for Coach on Thursday.

One of my group has 2 registrations and is still trying for general on Sunday even if they get coach but that seems slightly pointless to me?

If we are successful on Thursday then I’m around Sunday morning to help people on here!

1 hour ago, DareToDibble said:

I’ve always tried for general sale but having missed out originally last year the fear has led to me (and all my group) trying for Coach on Thursday.

One of my group has 2 registrations and is still trying for general on Sunday even if they get coach but that seems slightly pointless to me?

If we are successful on Thursday then I’m around Sunday morning to help people on here!

2 registrations = both being cancelled

3 hours ago, Pinhead said:

Coaches kind of defeat the point of what Glasto is trying to achive I think. Loads of people I know going for coach tix this year as the allocation has increased, but will drive (or travel at least) to where the pickup is. That means more journeys - ergo more carbon surely?

52 cars going to their nearest pickup point + one coach going to the festival < 52 cars going to the festival

• Upvote 2

Relying entirely on other people to try for me on Sunday as I'm running the Cardiff Half Marathon and raising money for Alzheimers Society. If anybody wants to support this brilliant cause please feel free to follow this link :https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/martin-ashford4?fbclid=IwAR0CcQHfli7nEuXpvBf6jdAsKw9YEdtw0D2CrPNxvVZ1BXdqxUGs3XUr54U&utm_campaign=pfp-share&utm_content=Martin-Ashford4&utm_medium=fundraisingpage&utm_source=Facebook&utm_term=N3q44WmVq

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

My group are pretty set on Sunday or bust. 

I am tempted to go for coach - I want to get the coach home regardless this year, as I'm always the designated driver after Sunday's headliner - but I don't want to leave my group. 

I am trying for others in the coach sale too though.

7 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Sunday or bust. No resale. 

This. For most of the last 12 months, I wasnt even trying for a ticket, but I have changed my mind. For the first time though our group are not going to be absolutely devestated if we fail: Plans are in place for most if we fail.

A pair who have a child together have said if we fail - they are going on a holiday instead. 

2 others are going to awakenings in Amsterdam if we fail.

3 more are going to a different festival abroad.

Not sure what I will do, but Ill do something!

9 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Coach or main sale, no strong preference.

I think that’s where I’m at as well. I’d try and make peace with doing something else next year if Sunday doesn’t deliver. I don’t think I could invest in following all the announcements and getting excited if I knew that not going was still a serious possibility.