How Big Is Your Team?

nikkic

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

im impressed ... but how are those numbers managed ? you cant all be in a watts app group ? that would be chaos 

On the day we use FB chat but with very strict rules as to what can be posted and why. We also have direct contact numbers for all groups.

It is hard work keeping it all together but as long as all do what is needed is works, this will be the 4th year this group has been going.

3 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

On the day we use FB chat but with very strict rules as to what can be posted and why. We also have direct contact numbers for all groups.

It is hard work keeping it all together but as long as all do what is needed is works, this will be the 4th year this group has been going.

do you have a 100% success rate in the main sale ? im intrigued as I thought those numbers make it unmanageable ... but I guess if some don't put the effort in , then others will take their place ? Is someone in charge of overall admin/ coordination and doesnt take part in the ticket efforts ? I didn't think that kind of numbers could work ..  but obviously you have proven it does :) 

10 coach tickets (3 departure points....... ? )

assuming successful then a further 10 on Sunday.......

If we don't get coach tickets then it is going to be a clusterfuck on sunday (more than it would be anyway....)

I wouldn't want more than this number to manage - people are so dis-organised and/or ignorant of the focus required to get through. In the 20 I reckon that only 3 of us have got tickets over the last 10 years. So much pressure!

and we have got tickets every year since 2009.....

Edited by chuckles07
spelling/incomprehension

30 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

do you have a 100% success rate in the main sale ? im intrigued as I thought those numbers make it unmanageable ... but I guess if some don't put the effort in , then others will take their place ? Is someone in charge of overall admin/ coordination and doesnt take part in the ticket efforts ? I didn't think that kind of numbers could work ..  but obviously you have proven it does :) 

I do not want to tempt fate so will not say exact success rate but 'pretty damn good' is a starting place.

It does take heaps of hard work, especially stopping people who like to chat randomly... but we have ways

28 so far for the Sunday, and 4 for the Thursday. It was 35 last year, with friends of friends. A handful that work the festival are helping out too. 

By far our worst performance was last time, seems a long time since we got 100% in the initial sale, which we used to achieve more often than not. 

28 for us, definitely going to be those who miss out but we prioritise those who’ve been going the longest... if you can live through the rough years (2011 and 2016 since I started going) and keep coming back you’re high up the list. 

It’s a brutal process no matter how you do it though. If you’re not lucky come Thursday/Sunday, I can’t recommend working it enough. I’ve had some incredible memories working the festival and will be signing up straight away if Lady Luck doesn’t shine on the weekend

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, thrillhouse188 said:

I was thinking about this the other day, if for example you have an 8, would you go 6 & 2 or 4 & 4 for 'fairness'?

The way ours has ended up 5 & 2 is that the 5 originally were planning on going together. Then we asked our friend did he want to try for a ticket and then when his girlfriend found out, she then wanted to go so he couldn’t join our group and they then decided to just try for themselves, or hope that we get sorted relatively quickly and then we can hopefully sort them out as well. 

21 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Just the 72 of us........................ living in many places all over the UK and the rest of the world and with helpers galore outside of the 72 people too ?

Lots of hard work making sure it all works well and smoothly but worth all the effort.

Another large one!

Our group was at 84 last year! But I've narrowed it down a bit this year to be 72. Twelve groups of six. I shaved off the ones that didn't participate / didn't wake up in time / caused issues etc. It's difficult but manageable. Everyone in my group knows I'm the boss! Haha. And I've very strict rules as I'm sure you do too.

14 hours ago, mike46 said:

28 for us, definitely going to be those who miss out but we prioritise those who’ve been going the longest... if you can live through the rough years (2011 and 2016 since I started going) and keep coming back you’re high up the list. 

It’s a brutal process no matter how you do it though. If you’re not lucky come Thursday/Sunday, I can’t recommend working it enough. I’ve had some incredible memories working the festival and will be signing up straight away if Lady Luck doesn’t shine on the weekend

We have the same criteria. If you've survived the rough years you get prioritised! 

Also looking at your signature, we have a similar festival past! Well Glasto and Bestival anyway we've done the same years! Hello fellow festival addict :)

As part of a large group, my main concern is that others are as focussed and determined as I know the majority of us are. There's no way of knowing that of course, until you realise that some in the group haven't grasped basic rules like 'no chatting in the group chat window while tickets are still available' and 'if your group is successful, help the next group'. If it works well, it definitely helps everyone's chances, but it can be a stressor as well.

5 minutes ago, kalifire said:

As part of a large group, my main concern is that others are as focussed and determined as I know the majority of us are. There's no way of knowing that of course, until you realise that some in the group haven't grasped basic rules like 'no chatting in the group chat window while tickets are still available' and 'if your group is successful, help the next group'. If it works well, it definitely helps everyone's chances, but it can be a stressor as well.

We have the same issues, we are supposed to have silence on the WhatsApp group from 9am but inevitably someone comes on saying they can’t get through! It’s inevitable there’s ones who are less focussed, but I still think the benefits of large groups outweigh the risks. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, kalifire said:

A couple of times now I've firmly reminded my lot to remain trying once your group has their tickets, for the other group. I also worry some peripheral members would suddenly be busy on Sunday if they had theirs sorted but not the others! 

The final numbers are in and we have 7 team's going for it on Sunday morning. Most of us have been going on and off since the mid 90s and we've always managed to get tickets somehow (including some secret resales in the past), obviously it was easy back in the day - a stroll to HMV the week before the festival was all it took in them there good ol' days. This time for the first time ever i'm not confident... 

20 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

This makes perfect sense, and would love to know the rules are, exactly.