Help Please, One last try!

Lee4444

Afternoon all!

Looking for some advice from veteran Glasto goers..

Myself and my friends have been trying to get tickets to Glastonbury for a good few years now, and so far have had absolutely no luck. We follow the principles of being in groups, waiting for the site to take you through etc but seem to always just time out and not get tickets.

I am looking for some advice as this is likely to be the last time we try..!! We have two groups of 6 this year and we are also going to try for coach packages, as a coach is better than not going at all ?

Any advice on things such as refreshing etc is welcome, as I’m not sure what else we can do! We have v good internet etc, So not sure if this is just bad luck every year…

Thanks in advance everyone, this is really appreciated!!!

Lee

34 minutes ago, Lee4444 said:

Afternoon all!

Looking for some advice from veteran Glasto goers..

Myself and my friends have been trying to get tickets to Glastonbury for a good few years now, and so far have had absolutely no luck. We follow the principles of being in groups, waiting for the site to take you through etc but seem to always just time out and not get tickets.

I am looking for some advice as this is likely to be the last time we try..!! We have two groups of 6 this year and we are also going to try for coach packages, as a coach is better than not going at all ?

Any advice on things such as refreshing etc is welcome, as I’m not sure what else we can do! We have v good internet etc, So not sure if this is just bad luck every year…

Thanks in advance everyone, this is really appreciated!!!

Lee

The Tickets, Tips and Tricks thread on the Chat page is where you'll get all the info ?

3 hours ago, Lee4444 said:

Hi Jack,

I appreciate your reply.

I have tried that forum, I found it was largely just a lot of people talking about varying things and I struggled to filter through chat vs advice.

Hi Lee,

The best advice I can give is for as many people as possible in group to try for tickets. Don't be late online and don't rely on just one person per group. Once (if) you get through to the holding page refresh it manually (by press f5 on a laptop) but no more than once per second, ie 60/minute. It is believed the 60 refreshes/minute limit is on the IP address, ie your wifi router. Hence if you try for tickets on multiple devices all going through the same router, every refresh on each of your devices will count against the 60/minute limit. If you exceed the 60/min limit it is believed See's systems will block your hook up attempt. This is to stop people using automated connection software bombarding See's systems.

Beyond using a laptop you could try via 4G on your mobile as this does not go through your router.

At the end of the day it's all going to be down to luck. And this year with demand for tickets forecast(feared) to be even higher than ever, everyone's going to need an even greater slice of luck than before. Good luck.

ps  We use WhatsApp to communicate what's happening within the group on the day.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Lee4444 said:

Lycra, that's great advice thankyou.

When people are hitting refresh.. is this in the hope that when you hit refresh you should instantly get a different screen if you are lucky?

Is it worth trying for Coach tickets too as people say they have more luck in that format?

Thanks again :)

Leaving the screen to auto refresh will only try to hit the server once every 20 seconds, by hitting refresh you are forcing the hit to the server so hoping to get a page just at that second , - if you;re lucky you'll then get the booking screen where you put in your registration numbers and postcodes

Trying for coach tickets gives you another bite of the cherry/more tickets in the raffle - its not easier , you just have a second raffle to try in thats all - but if you get coach tickets you cannot then go for general admission as well, but of course if you;re lucky then you;re going :-)