Verified by VISA?

midlifecrisis

For about a year now most on line payments I make have a verification. As soon as I  hit make payment i am redirected to my bank verification page where I have to input three characters of a code I have. It then asks if my phone number is correct , once I click that,  payment is authorised,  it’s a bloody nightmare, had to do it last year for my Glastonbury tickets, shaking like a leaf and made a mistake so had to re enter info. Luckily it worked 

Best going back to just queuing out overnight for tickets outside a box office!! 

The 5 minute countdown made its first appearance in the 2017 resale so it's not new.

As for Verified by Visa, it's not been used before for Glastonbury ticket sales, but if they do introduce it then I can see it causing problems for big groups who share payment details.

9 hours ago, kalifire said:

This appears to have changed this year. You get 5 minutes to enter payment details now, theoretically anyway. 

I’m sure that’s the intention but I won’t be surprised if a load of people complain that it sold out when they were entering their payment details. 

Charm x

11 hours ago, mph said:

Should not be a need for it. What idiot would use stolen card details with a transaction that can be traced back to their name and address? 

I've worried about the verification thing in past years but it's never happened 

Me too...and actually, in recent years Barclays seem to ask for verification less than they used to. I used to have to do a password, which I inevitably forgot, but now it just seems to either do it automatically or not come up at all

A caveat to that is that I've never bought Glasto tickets, so maybe it would happen then! However, its definitely doet never come up when I've gone to pay my balance...or any other gig tickets in recent years either actually 

47 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Oh god. Did you need a previously organised password?? Or do they just text you a code that you then enter? I'd actually prefer the latter tbh!

One of my card texted me a code within a few seconds. 

I don't know my verified by visa password - that's the card I'd be using for tickets too. It usually just does it automatically. I'm going to try and buy something later to test it!

1 hour ago, Charm said:

I’m sure that’s the intention but I won’t be surprised if a load of people complain that it sold out when they were entering their payment details. 

Charm x

Yep... will definitely happen.   

If the system works as they intend, there will be a time when it's 'sold out' but it's not really because X tickets are being held for 5 minutes.  A certain number of those will then become available again after the sold out signs go up.

Will they then go back on sale if they don't complete?

1 hour ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Buy stuff online all the time and last night was first time we needed to use OTP via text, for some chairs! Very worried.

Was you using a new device or a new IP/network connection?   I believe that vendors can set certain criteria to not ask for the security if you're using a known device or IP that you've previously used.

3 hours ago, Sasperella said:

Oh god. Did you need a previously organised password?? Or do they just text you a code that you then enter? I'd actually prefer the latter tbh!

I’m with the Clydesdale bank and have a verification password agreed. Alternative is they text you a one off code for you to enter when you make a purchase. It’s another level of panic introduced into ticket panic scramble 

4 hours ago, stuie said:

Was you using a new device or a new IP/network connection?   I believe that vendors can set certain criteria to not ask for the security if you're using a known device or IP that you've previously used.

It was my wife on her phone who hasn't bought anything before, also a website we have never bought from? Not been asked on SeeTickets ever before and use them 8-9 times a year.

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

is there any way of testing that I know my password for this ?

Go here and waste £2.25 on a ticket....  https://www.seetickets.com/event/coda-sessions-groove-attack-iii/the-blue-moon/1436598

Just bought one and can confirm I got prompted to verify my mobile number and had to enter the SMS code received to complete the payment.  I'm with HSBC.

Looking likely to be necessary for next Sunday.....

Edited by parsonjack

13 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Go here and waste £2.25 on a ticket....  https://www.seetickets.com/event/coda-sessions-groove-attack-iii/the-blue-moon/1436598

Just bought one and can confirm I got prompted to verify my mobile number and had to enter the SMS code received to complete the payment.  I'm with HSBC.

Looking likely to be necessary for next Sunday.....

Did you pay with Visa or MasterCard out of interest? I just bought some comedy tickets on See tickets this evening and used my MasterCard but didn’t have to do the mobile verification step.

4 minutes ago, Summertime said:

Interesting. Looks like it’s still getting phased in then.  

Just bought another with my RBS Mastercard Credit card.....and didn't have to get a code by SMS....there was a pop up to say its being introduced but I could skip past it.

Anybody need 2 tickets for Groove Attack III in Cambridge tonight? ?