Nova Rock 2020

alan_ts

4 hours ago, Kusy said:

Festival organisers don't care either - by the time they will be bloody rich and retired.

Only here & now matters when it comes to music festivals nowdays.

4 hours ago, everest said:

I will be probably too old for festivals in twenty years from now so I dont care haha

It is actually interesting, because in the last two to five years we saw that metal/rock festivals tend to propose a more of the same lineup (just compare the first announcement of Download, RaR and Nova Rock, the only surprise being truly represented by Kiss).

Those festivals tend to have a flat upper side of the bill and, on the other side, generally they provide little to do except the musical offer (compared to more generalist festivals as Glasto or Sziget) - so I was wondering, being a metalhead is it really just a matter of who picks that particular headiner that other combos does not have (Iron Maiden rather than Volbeat, i.e.), or is it for the undercards, or is it just a matter of which one is cheaper to get to?

May sound a little provocative, but I am just curious of how this will work out from a business point of view in the next ten years or so

• 3 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, alan_ts said:

Could some veterans give me some info about this? Atmosphere, camping, trasports etc...

Unexpectedly (also to me) I think I'm ready for a metal festival (but maybe in 3 days I'll change idea again :D )

It’s basically in the middle of nowhere, your better off with a car. Campsite is fine and pretty quiet/spacious for a festival. Atmosphere is ok nothing spectacular. Only time I went I took the VIP upgrade which I recommend if you can afford it as you get use of private bar with a viewing platform to the main stage. Meaning you can freely piss and refill your beer glass whilst watching the busier gigs....good if like me you have an unfortunately small bladder...

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, alan_ts said:

Could some veterans give me some info about this? Atmosphere, camping, trasports etc...

Unexpectedly (also to me) I think I'm ready for a metal festival (but maybe in 3 days I'll change idea again :D )

From personal experience would much rather recommend Hellfest/Graspop. Friends also recommend Rock im park and Copenhell.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Steve. said:

It’s basically in the middle of nowhere, your better off with a car. Campsite is fine and pretty quiet/spacious for a festival. Atmosphere is ok nothing spectacular. Only time I went I took the VIP upgrade which I recommend if you can afford it as you get use of private bar with a viewing platform to the main stage. Meaning you can freely piss and refill your beer glass whilst watching the busier gigs....good if like me you have an unfortunately small bladder...

hahahah thanks, it depends on how much do you drink and as you told I think we're alike :D

The festival site is about 5 hours driving from my home so it could be perfect.

I've only been to Frequency Festival in Austria, I hope the atmosphere is far different...

Edited by alan_ts

6 minutes ago, everest said:

Last five years we are camping in zelt hotel, which now costs 85€ and more...two years ago it was only 50€. Doesn't mean it is better, only price is higher. I will not recommend free camping because there is trash everywhere.

About transport, we were always going by car, but I think there is some buses or trains from Vienna to Nickelsdorf and there is shuttle to festival place. Atmosphere is ok.  

Stages are really close, not more than 5 minutes.

And many Germans are coming to Nova Rock because they dont like RAM/RIP ?

thank you all :)

• 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, everest said:

Possible, there is no Austrian date, yet.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, gabrielomachado said:

never did Nova Rock but this festival seems to be so boring these days, Volbeat headlining 3 times in 5 years and etc. and who the hell are seiler and speer?

It is the 6. time for Volbeat in 10 years. 2011, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2018, 2020.

Seems like they have an agreement with the organiser to play there anytime they tour. Maybe since they were a smaller band for a discount price. 

• 3 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, everest said:

Please open the "kurier" link. I think they say that Guns on 9th June and then Nova Rock from 10th to 13th June are some kind of great program in Austria. There is no info about Guns on Nova Rock, so I think wien.orf have a wrong information

My German is not perfect but I believe the orf.at story is referring to 2006 GnR performance as it uses the past tense. The kurier story simply says that GnR will come a night before Novarock.

I don't believe GnR will play at Nova as GnR tour is promoted by LiveNation, biggest competitor of Barracuda (owner of Novarock).