It's the KLF, just saying ;)

Franky

Just now, Franky said:

Of course ! Headline the other stage ? it’s a long running ruse by myself in these forums mate running back to probably 2005’ish

That said, make it happen Glastonbury Gods, oh and make sure I get a ticket this year ?

and probably the same dodgy jokes year in year out ... in my defence I've not seen the post before :) 

5 minutes ago, Franky said:

Of course ! Headline the other stage ? it’s a long running ruse by myself in these forums mate running back to probably 2005’ish

That said, make it happen Glastonbury Gods, oh and make sure I get a ticket this year ?

They've not crossed my mind before but it's a good shout.  I'd love it. 

In fact, you've made me want to listen to Chill Out tonight.

I hope one day your dream comes true!  It's like my long running obsession with seeing Daft Punk on the farm.

25 minutes ago, Rufus Gwertigan said:

I went off the KLF when they burned that million quid. We live in a society where toffs burn money in front of the homeless just for fun. That act is just the same. Balls to artistic license. 

I reckon they probably didn't actually do it, but whether they did or didn't it's a massively dickish thing to do.

I think it’s fantastic. An incredible piece of art. People still got strong feelings about it 25 years down the line. A masterstroke and an incredible piece of mythology

What would you prefer? They shove it up their hooters? Buy a few shiny motors? Invest in property? Build up a guitar collection? Some other rock n roll cliche? 

Drummond is flat out on his uppers these days, but what a fucking thing he did there.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I reckon they probably didn't actually do it, but whether they did or didn't it's a massively dickish thing to do.

If they did it, then they actually shared that money out between us all.  Think of it this way - if 99.999% of the world's supply of pounds sterling, hidden away bank vaults, went up in flames, then the remaining pounds, in our pockets would be worth more.   Less pounds fighting over the same number of goods/services means deflation.  It's the opposite of forging currency (and 'quantative easing') - which devalues the currency and make us all poorer.  This way of looking at the relationship between the quantity of money and its value is called 'monetarism' and it was a key part of Thatcherism - which I despise - but the theory is definitely correct when it comes to the supply of actual notes and coins.

Coincidentally I went to a lovely friend's funeral yesterday. She was long term Kidz Field crew working on the trampolines.

During the service a brick was presented. It's a KLF brick that Leigh's ashes wil be fired in untill glazed. They call it Mumufication.Then the brick will become part of a "Peoples Pyramid Of Mu Mu"  Leigh becoming a piece of a KLF artwork is so fitting for her.

On her death certificate where her occupation was required it stated "Freedom Fighter" 

Outstanding.

Top girl.

Edited by Sawdusty Surfer
  • Upvote 1