Pinkpop 2020

Ken19

On 12/2/2019 at 10:05 AM, Set said:

PJ will go to Amsterdam (That's why I said 'They were' - booked for PP) 
They are still trying to book a last band. 
It's not completly sure they will come.
No joking, this is not a 'marketingtrick' or something, they are still trying.

If they can fix it;
It's a band.
Classic band.
Think guitars.

That's all I can say at this moment.

Well supposedly GnR is dropping their tour today. Doesn't really make a lot of sense to do a smaller announcement and then announce GnR in the afternoon? The previous announcement will get pretty underwhelmed and the headliners usually want the spotlights just for themselves.

11 hours ago, Set said:

New acts just added.
Sidenote; 21 Pilots is not a headliner. 
For the doubting people; The other band is still in the picture for the headline spot (but still not confirmed from the insiders).

Are they sharing a headliner with Graspop? 

18 hours ago, MK1 said:

I wonder what will happen if also this last band will not headline Pinkpop???

Pinkpop already booked a band (that could be headliner) a while ago. 
Afterwards they started fishing for the headliner. 
If not successful, the other band will be 'promoted' to the headline-spot. 

I'm not sure about Graspop, I know too little about that.

14 minutes ago, Set said:

Pinkpop already booked a band (that could be headliner) a while ago. 
Afterwards they started fishing for the headliner. 
If not successful, the other band will be 'promoted' to the headline-spot. 

I'm not sure about Graspop, I know too little about that.

A band or a (pop) singer? Because thats what I heard

19 minutes ago, MK1 said:

What is it with Benelux exclusive these days........?

Well, given that the whole region is like a 4 hours drive from side to side, I'd say that it is reasonable for a artist of that calibre to pick only one date, even more if you can sell it as an "exclusive" (wow awesome exclusive eskere potato patato)

1 hour ago, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

Well, given that the whole region is like a 4 hours drive from side to side, I'd say that it is reasonable for a artist of that calibre to pick only one date, even more if you can sell it as an "exclusive" (wow awesome exclusive eskere potato patato)

Indeed. But it's not always easy for people from Belgium to go in Netherlands for a show/festival per example. I see sometimes bands with an exclusive in Benelux but they could sell out shows in both countries on the same tour. 

But sometimes bands just don't book a show in Netherlands/Luxembourg so it makes an exclu in Benelux without asking and promoter can mention it.

To be honest, i think it will be GnR.

Things have changed also at Graspop. Some day switches you spoke of Ken and if i am reading it right Aerosmith is not the headliner. So what i think is that GnR is playing some festivals. But they have to give a final go to announce it. So by the end of next week another headliner for PP and Graspop?

Could also be totaly wrong ??

On 12/6/2019 at 7:15 AM, Archi said:

Indeed. But it's not always easy for people from Belgium to go in Netherlands for a show/festival per example. I see sometimes bands with an exclusive in Benelux but they could sell out shows in both countries on the same tour. 

But sometimes bands just don't book a show in Netherlands/Luxembourg so it makes an exclu in Benelux without asking and promoter can mention it.

It's also a question of Dutch promoters not wanting to take their chances on certain bigger artists. Taylor Swift could have easily been booked for Pinkpop, but Mojo clearly wasn't comfortable with their risk analysis. Same thing for an act like Blur years ago, since they ended up never playing in the NL upon their reunion.