Pinkpop 2020

Ken19

What’s the case...

during festivalsummer 2018 it was already the case that Coldplay want to come back for a festivaltour in 2019. A lot of promotors were interested. But not every festival was happy to get Coldplay, they are too big for a festival. Other acts are not really happy to play the same day (you know that a lot of the ticket sales are for Coldplay not for the other acts). Pinkpop was interested, their profile is a big headliner and the other acts are not that important. Werchter wanted to put them on their field for a concert with the same logistics of their festival. 
But the tour was not profitable enough and plans were cancelled. The interested promotors stayed in touch with the agent of Coldplay for next summer. 

Now this friday, the first single will be released. Another single and the album are coming in november. Typical Coldplay we will get a lot of promo in advance of the release. 

There will be a tour next summer. But Coldplay and festivals... I expect a combination some festivals, stadiums, fields... In Belgium, it is really clear what it will be. 

About the talk of I am legit. You can do what you want. The only thing that i want is to give some insights. The majority of the people don’t know a lot of what is going on. Off course I can not say, that band is coming, or that, or this. It is not more than logic that I can tell something when it is almost the moment. 
Never forget, this world is easy and complicated at the same time. A band will cancel a show because they have to go a wedding, postpone their tour because they have troubles with their wife, children are graduating... announcement are postponed because of the festival poster, time difference, a problem with one show in the tour. Sometimes you are negotiating months with a band, you finalise a deal, the next day you get a call that they will postpone their plans.

Most of the time a year before Werchter can organise 8 events if they want. And then the bands cancel their plans, and the search for headliners is starting again.

Don’t forget the information of Zegut. He said something very important. That band is not coming to Europe for 1 show.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 10

Festileaks PP forum open in one of your other tabs, don't you Ken ?

But I take it that probably 2 out of the 3 headliners have been signed already; and number 3 is at the final negotiation stage.... Of course there is always a chance a band cancels due to unforeseen circumstances like Ken pointed out already.

Edited by PieterPost

What about Pearl Jam? Reading the fanforum they say if they do the same schedule again Pearl Jam could play Ziggo Dome juist before Pinkpop.

They will not tour sooner because of Eddie Vedders daughter turning 16 on june 11. Ziggo Dome is availible just before Pinkpop. So they could play there again and then play the first day of Pinkpop.......

9 hours ago, Kusy said:

They did PinkPop in 2018 - will not do again that soon. RW is a different thing.

btw. I was at that PJ @ PinkPop show, not their best but still good ;)

could you please elaborate why Werchter i different thing?

I also thought about Twenty One Pilots, they should be free on the friday but I'm not sure if they could carry a full day on their own....... on the other hand ....they should be way more popular than Mumford & Sons or The Cure :P

Or they could just end up playing Ziggo Dome again...

1 hour ago, Hullabaloo92 said:

could you please elaborate why Werchter i different thing?

I also thought about Twenty One Pilots, they should be free on the friday but I'm not sure if they could carry a full day on their own....... on the other hand ....they should be way more popular than Mumford & Sons or The Cure :P

Or they could just end up playing Ziggo Dome again...

They are friends with the festival organisers. Very close friends

6 hours ago, Kusy said:

They are friends with the festival organisers. Very close friends

Sure, that seeems quite understandable.

But do you guys actually know why Pearl Jam keep sticking to their usual european summer schedule like nearly every two years? I mean, they could do an arena tour in fall instead? :P

45 minutes ago, Hullabaloo92 said:

Sure, that seeems quite understandable.

But do you guys actually know why Pearl Jam keep sticking to their usual european summer schedule like nearly every two years? I mean, they could do an arena tour in fall instead? :P

They are all family men, take their family with them on tour. (That is why they cancelled 2016) They need to have some things that are the same on Every tour, to feel a certain comfort. And they appreciate the things they know that will be 100% allright. 
They love to spend multiple days in Amsterdam, Ziggo has the best sound possible for them to rehearsel. The family enjoys Amsterdam.
Werchter is so well organised, that it feels like home for them. They arrive early, with their family, a couple of times they did a bbq backstage, they invite friends... sort of reunion.

• Upvote 2

that all seems reasonable, but also very dull and boring. i love PJ but their EU tour are always the same, same venues, same festivals, very strange for a band of that image never to take any chances, play cool venues, different places. its always Werchter, 3-4 LN festivals, Ziggo, 02 in London, 1 or 2 Italian dates, pretty much always same cities etc. Just smells so boring and corporate and predictable. On the other hand Foo Fighters, even Guns n Roses, try new things, go to new places, different venues, new countries on every run. With PJ you can almost predict the exact schedule every time they come over.

1 hour ago, Ken19 said:

They are all family men, take their family with them on tour. (That is why they cancelled 2016) They need to have some things that are the same on Every tour, to feel a certain comfort. And they appreciate the things they know that will be 100% allright. 
They love to spend multiple days in Amsterdam, Ziggo has the best sound possible for them to rehearsel. The family enjoys Amsterdam.
Werchter is so well organised, that it feels like home for them. They arrive early, with their family, a couple of times they did a bbq backstage, they invite friends... sort of reunion.

Jesus christ that looks like heaven to me

So i talked with a few people today that work in the industry, and apparently PJ are touring between late June til mid July, something like 20.06 until 10 or 15. July...not sure if the info is correct, but thats what i have been told, and they will for sure play 1 or 2 shows in Italy...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Andrej said:

So i talked with a few people today that work in the industry, and apparently PJ are touring between late June til mid July, something like 20.06 until 10 or 15. July...not sure if the info is correct, but thats what i have been told, and they will for sure play 1 or 2 shows in Italy...

Thanks for the info!

Would you mind asking the same people about Tool, The Black Keys and Nine Inch Nails? ?