Pinkpop 2020

Ken19

3 hours ago, lighthouse said:

Taylor would have been perfect though. Typical Pinkpop headliner.

But Pinkpop will do fine. Tomorrow it’s only oktober 1st fcs.

I won't deny that Taylor is headliner material, but I question how many daytickets Pinkpop would actually sell given that Taylor doesn't have a proven track record in mainland Europe for festivals/stadium shows.

NY wil never headline Pinkpop. Last year could have but his tour was not in the same timeframe.

For now it is very hard to predict anything. We wil have to wait for other bands and artists to come with their tours. Coldplay would be nice but still no evidence except Global Citizen.

What about a nineties rap gods Revival package including Snoop Dogg, Eminem, D12 maybe even Dr.Dre? Read somewhere that Snoop Dogg is scheduled to perform in the UK in April 2020 and rumor has it that Eminem will play Twickenham in July 2020. Maybe far fetched, but I'd like to see that. And it's something different from the obvious headliner rumors... 

1 hour ago, PieterPost said:

What about a nineties rap gods Revival package including Snoop Dogg, Eminem, D12 maybe even Dr.Dre? Read somewhere that Snoop Dogg is scheduled to perform in the UK in April 2020 and rumor has it that Eminem will play Twickenham in July 2020. Maybe far fetched, but I'd like to see that. And it's something different from the obvious headliner rumors... 

TAKE ALL MY MONEY

More obvious to headline...

Red Hot Chili Peppers - working on new album due probably early next year followed by yet another tour which might be their last. Last appearance on Pinkpop festival in 2016.

Robbie Williams - after successful shows in Vegas and the one-off at Hyde Park this year, rumored there are some shows in Italy and Slovenia in the works for 2020. Maybe more EU-shows to be added. Last appearance on Pinkpop festival in 2015.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, PieterPost said:

Robbie Williams - after successful shows in Vegas and the one-off at Hyde Park this year, rumored there are some shows in Italy and Slovenia in the works for 2020. Maybe more EU-shows to be added. Last appearance on Pinkpop festival in 2015.

Interesting, any sources? 

My wife would kill to see Robbie nearby :D

Edited by alan_ts
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, PieterPost said:

It is rumored that he is releasing Christmas album this december so some touring lately makes sense. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, activean said:

It is rumored that he is releasing Christmas album this december so some touring lately makes sense. 

Ok, I know Italy has a strong fanbase, but why Slovenia? With a few exceptions (Depeche Mode a couple of years ago e.g.) the most popular bands usually skip Slovenia in their schedule. 

30 minutes ago, alan_ts said:

Interesting, any sources? 

Found an article on a French website stating that 'there were persistent rumors about shows in Italy, Slovenia and Hungary for 2020'. But I also read somewhere that he might rejoin Take That for a couple of their 30th Anniversary shows next year, even though Gary Barlow stated that just wouldn't work...

Hopefully the first headliner will be announced soon...

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, PieterPost said:

Snoop with D12 is already hitting the Ziggo Dome.

Plus, other than white rappers, Pinkpop's audience and hiphop aren't a good fit in the minds of the promoters.

Edited by SwallowOrSleepOnTheWetSpot

Rumors about Coldplay touring next year are getting stronger, as there is a mention of two albums being released this year and early next year, of which one will be more experimental. Tracklisting of one of the albums shared on Reddit shows one of the tracks featuring Daft Punk (Mission A.B.O.R.T length 7:23)... Ken mentioned Coldplay to play RockWerchter, but not Pinkpop (yet)?

Link to the Reddit page incl. tracklisting image: 

1 minute ago, PieterPost said:

Lenny Kravitz a remote possibility for Pinkpop? Seems to have June 20 available in his touring schedule between Mainz on the 19th and Paris on the 21st. Even though he's scheduled to play ZiggoDome on the 24th?

He played this year.