capacity increase

Airlie

1 minute ago, Airlie said:

im sure people were saying they'd sold X amount of extra tickets in 2019? Was that just a rumor then?

I'm pretty sure the number available to the public via the general sale was the same.

I think there was an increase in the licenced number, which meant (potentially) more tickets for performers (and their guests), staff, and (perhaps) hospitality type tickets.

1 hour ago, MrZigster said:

Agree that the weather makes a difference. If it's wet, people crowd onto the tracks.

Personally I think it's full enough. Are they going to increase the camping space as well? Probably not is my guess.

I agree. it's full enough for me too. It'll start getting like the over-crowded tourist hotspots (Venice, Dubrovnik) where the experience is being spoilt by the vast numbers milling around.

I mainly avoid the Pyramid and main areas already because it's too much hassle.

The camping space would be very difficult to expand I think, there will just be more and more outside the fence (Prompts a question: is the area used for the festival outside of the fence now larger than that inside?)

2 hours ago, stuie said:

There's plenty of unused camping space, all around the edges - where no one wants to be.

Is their less people camping inside the fence now compared to 5 years ago? I know capacity has gone up but WV takes a lot of people plus the other hospitality places outside the fence.

5 minutes ago, Fred Zepplin said:

Is their less people camping inside the fence now compared to 5 years ago? I know capacity has gone up but WV takes a lot of people plus the other hospitality places outside the fence.

It seems that there are now more staff camping outside or on the periphery of the fence which may balance out the increases in punters. 

5 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Heard fairly recently that WV is going to have some extra capacity. 

then i'd guess that's somehow tied together with the "coach travellers to get first dibs on Worthy View" thing that someone recently mentioned. It would seem to make sense if there's going to be some extra coach tickets with the extra capacity.

3 hours ago, eFestivals said:

then i'd guess that's somehow tied together with the "coach travellers to get first dibs on Worthy View" thing that someone recently mentioned. It would seem to make sense if there's going to be some extra coach tickets with the extra capacity.

I actually came across that tonight on the 2020 ticket information page.

19D34043-AE3D-4415-89C1-B45F31D1CE1A.jpeg

38 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

FWIW, I find the festival busier than the 90s, but the camping has more space.

Seriously? I remember when we used to have space for campfires all week. Now I'm lucky if I end up with space to pitch a camping chair anywhere near my tent come Wednesday evening.

13 hours ago, Pinhead said:

Going up to 210K isn't it according to 6 Music? However, not sure if that represents an increase in punters tickets from the 135K, just more crew etc. I wonder if one day the festival will consist entirely of charities, crew, security, performers and other staff and just a handful of regular punters...

It seems to be heading to be a festival just for the people running it. No other festival seems to need so many staff. 

• Downvote 3

38 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

not really, as that would make it completely economically unviable.

the ratio of non-paying attendees to paying attendees is far out of whack compared to any other festival i've seen though.

It's a similar ratio to Boomtown. Which as also just about the only other festival that has anywhere near as much going on.

23 hours ago, eFestivals said:

I'm hoping that with extra coach tickets, there will be more departure towns offered. Anyone know when the full list of departure towns is released?

4 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

As a non-paying attendee, I’m in favour of sacking you lot off and just keeping the site blissfully clear and quiet for the whole week ??? #sorrynotsorry 

Whilst it's lovely on Monday and Tuesday, I don't think keeping the site so quiet would pay all the bills! Shame... but it's true!

4 minutes ago, stuie said:

Whilst it's lovely on Monday and Tuesday, I don't think keeping the site so quiet would pay all the bills! Shame... but it's true!

It is true. I wouldn’t actually have anyone to steward . . . The shifts would be notably slower, so go on then I guess we’ll have to let everyone in 

if I have to 

Edited by balti-pie
  • Upvote 1

On 9/24/2019 at 11:12 PM, Smeble said:

It seems to be heading to be a festival just for the people running it. No other festival seems to need so many staff. 

And what’s wrong with that? It’s a party and we’re all part of it, we just pay to not have to work during it.

On 9/24/2019 at 11:12 PM, Smeble said:

Massive thank you to all those who keep us safe, keep the loos clean, make sure only those with tickets gain entry, pick up the litter every morning, serve us food, help us find space for tents, top up our water bottles, maintain the stages, work the sound, work the lights, the list goes on...

Thanks all, you do a great job!

• Upvote 3