Tickets , Tips and Tricks

Crazyfool01

39 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

I think much of the issue lies with the load-balancing being swamped with requests and not able to handle it all.  All page requests, whether new ones that generate the holding page (as they will need to call a web server to load the page), or ones for transactions in progress will have to come through the load-balancers so that's likely the bottleneck.  The load-balancers are essentially just the gatekeepers, the man with the velvet rope...they simply determine if there is a space inside and either allow you in or tell you 'not tonight sir'....if they cant keep up with the volume of punters then things start to go wrong.  Once you have a session in progress it's a bit like going out for a fag and then trying to get back in the club again...you are entitled to get back in (you're waving that cookie...)but you need to get the door guy to see you and lift the rope while he's trying to keep the rest of the crowd at bay.

Anymore requests for rubbish analogies just let me know....

Hahaha! Fantastic analogy! That definitely paints the picture...I have no idea what a load balancer is (other than the self-explanatory-stating the obvious!) but your description helped. I guess I was thinking of it as several 'doormen' after the first one (holding page) so by the time you get the final one (payment page), it should be easy to get through

I had a problem buying tickets this year that I've never encountered or heard of before;

A couple on my group had recently changed their registration details to add their new postcode (that sometimes is not recognized by the post - as often happens with new buildings). They've received the confirmation of change but when we got through to buy our tickets it would let us proceed saying the postcode was wrong.

That of course ruined our chances and now we are 6 ticketless friends. 

Have anyone experience or heard of a similar problem before? How to proceed? 

• 1 year later...
47 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Remember this thread ? This time of year the prep would be going in …, just a small delay this time 😂

64E24AF1-75E7-404B-97B5-3CFAD81C4345.png

just looking at this pic made me panic 😄

I do have some mild anxiety though - I'm not the lead booker on my ticket, and I have moved house since, but I can't change my address on the order as it's not under my postcode, so the ticket ref and my postcode don't work on See.

And I can't remember what address options you get when paying the balance, as I've never needed to change my address before....   stress!

my Camper Ticket is on the right address though, so I'm halfway there I guess.

6 minutes ago, paulshane said:

just looking at this pic made me panic 😄

I do have some mild anxiety though - I'm not the lead booker on my ticket, and I have moved house since, but I can't change my address on the order as it's not under my postcode, so the ticket ref and my postcode don't work on See.

And I can't remember what address options you get when paying the balance, as I've never needed to change my address before....   stress!

my Camper Ticket is on the right address though, so I'm halfway there I guess.

ive changed my address with Glastonbury registration but it wont let me change the see tickets address because its linked to fb ... I cant work out a workaround at the moment ... even unlinking it doesn't work ... I dont think this matters too much though 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Ticket day panic is very real. Crazy that next year it’ll be three years since the last main sale. 

Aren’t they … I don’t think my hands have ever shaken so much as when I’m entering all the details … and payment details at the end are an absolute shambles for me 

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

Aren’t they … I don’t think my hands have ever shaken so much as when I’m entering all the details … and payment details at the end are an absolute shambles for me 

I seem to remember there being some kind of hold last time, like tickets were held for you for five minutes when you get through to the page to enter details. Might have been dreaming though. The whole thing is always such a panicked blur. 

Just now, kalifire said:

I seem to remember there being some kind of hold last time, like tickets were held for you for five minutes when you get through to the page to enter details. Might have been dreaming though. The whole thing is always such a panicked blur. 

There was a 5 min hold … I made it by 13 seconds on the bus sale for mates … numerous shakey attempts stupidly got 2 … and relied on the main sale … we know the rest 😞 

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

There was a 5 min hold … I made it by 13 seconds on the bus sale for mates … numerous shakey attempts stupidly got 2 … and relied on the main sale … we know the rest 😞 

I have full confidence you’ll be there next June and look forward to sharing a pint with you. 

4 minutes ago, balthazarstarbuck said:

Trying it with people who don’t have tickets. No dice. Saying the details don’t match.

Ahh sorry for getting the ol' hopes up.

In a way though it's nice to see a ticket page referencing 2022! Things are definitely moving at HQ...

Edited by JoeyT

2 minutes ago, balthazarstarbuck said:

Not at all. I’m glad someone’s got their eye out looking for this stuff. 

The next one may work after all…

Those days of the secret mini resales … maybe with an earlier resale date these might return this year for the ultra keen 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

ive changed my address with Glastonbury registration but it wont let me change the see tickets address because its linked to fb ... I cant work out a workaround at the moment ... even unlinking it doesn't work ... I dont think this matters too much though 

Thanks for the reminder. I'd forgotten to change my address details. Now done.

• 2 weeks later...

Someone I got tickets for now can't go and have applied for a refund, they did this 4 weeks ago but the money still hasn't gone back onto my card.  Has anyone else applied for a refund and how long did it take?  The T&C's say 14 working days but its been much longer than that.

1 hour ago, Padgey said:

Someone I got tickets for now can't go and have applied for a refund, they did this 4 weeks ago but the money still hasn't gone back onto my card.  Has anyone else applied for a refund and how long did it take?  The T&C's say 14 working days but its been much longer than that.

Wasn't my ticket, of course, but the one that went back to my card took nearly 2 months (mid March to early May this year).

2 hours ago, Padgey said:

Couple we know got their refund almost immediately but that was last year 

On 10/1/2021 at 9:01 AM, kalifire said:

Ticket day panic is very real. Crazy that next year it’ll be three years since the last main sale. 

I got a coach package ticket in the last sale that actually happened....The following day I had a job interview for a role that I got and in three weeks time I will have been at the company for two years and I still haven't used the ticket that I luckily got yet!

Edited by gooner1990