Tickets , Tips and Tricks

Crazyfool01

I got to the registration page a few times from about 9.20 and got details in and just couldn't get the page any further. Incredibly frustrating. I thought once I was past the holding page it would be smooth - it was on Thursday when I managed to get coach tickets for some family. Coach unfortunately not an option for us with very young children and all the stuff they come with. Roll on the resales when i'll have another go. 

1 hour ago, RaphPH said:

I think a fairer way is to make maximum of 2 tickets and children free. Cut down the large groups. Take your partner and or your best mate. All this spreadsheet and syndicate stuff is ridiculous. 

Festivals are to be enjoyed with a group of mates. 

if there were a 100 tickets and 150 people wanted them and you had two scenarios: Buy 5 or 2 per transaction 

150/5=30 groups 

100/5= 20 sales

20/30=66%

If 2 per transaction

150/2=75 groups

100/2= 50 sales

50/75=66%

All things equal you have a 66% chance of getting a ticket.

(I have no idea if this is even mathematically  logically but if someone disagrees then please do educate me )

Your % increase only if less people were demanding them or more tickets were available. 

2 hours ago, Smeble said:

Why do the people who build and take down the site get free tickets? If i get paid to put up a marquee for a wedding I don’t expect to get invited to the wedding. 

Easy tiger, you can pack in these type of ideas. 

59 minutes ago, Foxy1984 said:

I got to the registration page a few times from about 9.20 and got details in and just couldn't get the page any further. Incredibly frustrating. I thought once I was past the holding page it would be smooth 

Roll on the resales when i'll have another go. 

Exactly what I got, couldn’t get the payment page up. Would rather have not got through

16 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Yep, "site not reached" back and confirm for the next 10 mins and it still never worked. I don't understand how I didn't get them. Feel very cheated.

Must have been an awful roller-coaster for you, especially reading the posts from people in a similar predicament who ended up getting a confirmation email - very cruel and nonsensical result, I always thought if you got through to the payment page you were pretty much set. 

Good grief.

People now complaining that staff and the people who put together the festival shouldn't get tickets.

Barking up the wrong tree with that bitterness.

1 - Why would you want to be invited to a random wedding.

2 - You get paid to construct and take down that marque for the event.

Edited by robillustrates

My mate got through to the reg page put details in but then it kept timing out or trying to connect to the payment screen. 

Clicked back and tried again at which point it sold out.

can anyone explain to me (I’m non techy) what happened? Did it just buckle under the pressure?

i would have throught that if you get the reg page then you should be able to complete the transaction. 

Anyone know why the reg/payment are on separate screens? 

Gutted for him as also I have a ticket and now I feel guilty!

9 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

Must have been an awful roller-coaster for you, especially reading the posts from people in a similar predicament who ended up getting a confirmation email - very cruel and nonsensical result, I always thought if you got through to the payment page you were pretty much set. 

So did I and seeing others had a similar thing and got them takes the piss. 

In 2019 we got through, 6 reg numbers, correct info. Payment info typed, clicked confirm and it crashed.

Complete limbo, the festival sold out, it turned out we were unlucky, no money taken, no confirmation.

The same happened in 2014 or 2015 but that time when it crashed we got the confirmation and we were there.

Horrible position to be in though.

1 hour ago, gooner1990 said:

My mate got through to the reg page put details in but then it kept timing out or trying to connect to the payment screen. 

Clicked back and tried again at which point it sold out.

can anyone explain to me (I’m non techy) what happened? Did it just buckle under the pressure?

i would have throught that if you get the reg page then you should be able to complete the transaction. 

Anyone know why the reg/payment are on separate screens? 

Gutted for him as also I have a ticket and now I feel guilty!

1) To get through to the registration page, you need to have the right cookies pointing to a specific server instance and allowing you past the holding page.
2) You then have access to the booking form, which when submitted sends your details to a server (probably the same server instance as the holding page you were previously requesting), which does some verification, and populates the response onto a new page (the confirmation page).
3) You then send all that confirmed information back to the server, and get a response which is nested into the payment information page.
4) You submit your payment details to a server (possibly the same as above, or possibly a special payment gateway), which verifies them and processes/queues the payment for processing, and responds with a confirmation or error.

Unfortunately, even once past the holding page, it is possible for these servers to not be able to handle the amount of requests they are receiving. That causes time-outs and the information you are sending never reaches the server.
There also appear to be some database errors coming back occasionally, when it gives erroneous responses.

The reg page and payment pages are on separate screens because your registration details need to be verified before payment is attempted. That saves handling bad requests (e.g registration details which already have tickets allocated to them) when making payments.

Edited by OrganicShamanic

58 minutes ago, OrganicShamanic said:

1) To get through to the registration page, you need to have the right cookies pointing to a specific server instance and allowing you past the holding page.
2) You then have access to the booking form, which when submitted sends your details to a server (probably the same server instance as the holding page you were previously requesting), which does some verification, and populates the response onto a new page (the confirmation page).
3) You then send all that confirmed information back to the server, and get a response which is nested into the payment information page.
4) You submit your payment details to a server (possibly the same as above, or possibly a special payment gateway), which verifies them and processes/queues the payment for processing, and responds with a confirmation or error.

Unfortunately, even once past the holding page, it is possible for these servers to not be able to handle the amount of requests they are receiving. That causes time-outs and the information you are sending never reaches the server.
There also appear to be some database errors coming back occasionally, when it gives erroneous responses.

The reg page and payment pages are on separate screens because your registration details need to be verified before payment is attempted. That saves handling bad requests (e.g registration details which already have tickets allocated to them) when making payments.

Thanks for the detailed response and one I can understand...so close yet so far. :(

Fingers crossed in the resales! 

1 hour ago, OrganicShamanic said:

Thanks for all your posts explaining these technical issues, it’s much appreciated 

I had the same issues as above, but when someone else in our group got the tickets, I then completed the booking page for another group, which then gave me the result that the second group had ‘tickets already purchased...’

But, it turns out that was wrong, so I’m told my original group details were likely cached on my machine, how could I have prevented this, without completely starting at the beginning again?

9 hours ago, Levitz said:

That's not how Liverpool did it for CL final ballot. You already have a smaller pool due to pre-qualfication criteria of previous attendance of that comp that season. You then had to be successful in the ballot to purchase (so if you were buying for 6 all 6 had to have been successful in the ballot)

I mean you get drawn in the ballot but still then have to get online at a certain time to buy or miss out.  But in any case it's all too many flaws to any system they use really... 

11 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

I had the same issues as above, but when someone else in our group got the tickets, I then completed the booking page for another group, which then gave me the result that the second group had ‘tickets already purchased...’

But, it turns out that was wrong, so I’m told my original group details were likely cached on my machine, how could I have prevented this, without completely starting at the beginning again?

Clear your cache and cookies before attempting second group 

3 hours ago, robillustrates said:

Good grief.

People now complaining that staff and the people who put together the festival shouldn't get tickets.

Barking up the wrong tree with that bitterness.

1 - Why would you want to be invited to a random wedding.

2 - You get paid to construct and take down that marque for the event.

yeah it's nonsense. But give people a break. It's awful not getting tickets.  I failed this time last year and just sneaked in through the resales.

People will take stock and calm down over the next few days.  A lot of people are feeling disappointed and haven't quite got a handle on it yet.

5 minutes ago, gordong said:

Just checked some of the replies to Emily Eavis’s Twitter, so many people demanding that the system moves to a ballot. Do we think there is any chance of that happening? Feel like it would be a disaster doing that. Pretty sure you’d have like 1.5m million entries. 

I'd hate a ballot