Tickets , Tips and Tricks

Crazyfool01

30 minutes ago, Pipine said:

Seems like a lot of crashing out on the payment page or reg page.. more than normal.  They need to sort that!

Mine crashed on the registration page, only one of 6 devices to get that far. One of my group got to registration on 3 devices and they all crashed. 

9 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

As many have and will say.

There were 2.4 million registrations this year. I doubt that all of those tried for tickets. You would be lowering your % even more and then it would fuck up any groups going, most people would end up going solo due to the nature of luck. Would change the atmosphere of the festival completely.

It's already luck. 

It's not just luck at the moment. Bad connections and their servers and ping times all come into play. 

I'm not saying a ballot would be better but worth thinking about..  if your name gets drawn you then get a code to access the ticket site on sale day. And you can buy up to 6 tickets. 

Similar to how liverpool did it for champions league final.

11 years in a row for me attending and now 3 in a row without. I didn't see anything on laptop or two different 4g connections. One of our group entered registration details 7 times but got no further. My wife got to that stage once. It seems like I'll never go again now really. Wasn't expecting anything this morning so no surprising disappointment but it seems almost impossible now. Oh well, this year showed me there are other great festivals around. I'll be trying the resale(s?) and competitions until the end again though. 

2 minutes ago, Havors said:

It's not just luck at the moment. Bad connections and their servers and ping times all come into play. 

I'm not saying a ballot would be better but worth thinking about..  if your name gets drawn you then get a code to access the ticket site on sale day. And you can buy up to 6 tickets. 

Then that favours larger groups more than solo goer's/duos. 

Any suggestion is going to have people complain and upset. How many names would get drawn form the ballot? Because if you only had how many names for how many tickets, those booking 6 would overweight that and people who were even on the ballot wouldn't get tickets. 

I still think the fairest approach - which will never happen because you'd be asking See to go back to old servers - was for the fest in 2010. Tickets took about 12 hours to sell out from the 9am on Sunday. If you really wanted a ticket, were persistent and were prepared to stay trying the whole day, you'd probably get one.

Now it seems like it's just such a smash and grab with tickets selling out in 33mins. 

1 minute ago, chazwwe said:

Then that favours larger groups more than solo goer's/duos. 

Any suggestion is going to have people complain and upset. How many names would get drawn form the ballot? Because if you only had how many names for how many tickets, those booking 6 would overweight that and people who were even on the ballot wouldn't get tickets. 

Yeah I know it's not a simple answer. Divide the amount of tickets by 6... that many?  Or each person drawn can only buy 2 tickets? 

The luck of the draw doesn't change it just takes the technical faults and issues out of the equation? 

LETS FOOKING GO GLASTONBURY! AS CHUFFED AS ALEX WAS WITH DAVE

was on the reg screen and it showed the numbers had been purchased already. Other friend also got in and got that error.

lo and behold one of the group got it done and didnt tell us right away. I got the sold out notificafion and was properly depressed til we got screencap confirms sent to us. Second one, but glad its the 50th. Now hoping worthy view doesnt sell out in the coach sale.

had 3 laptops going and 2 were on vpn. 2 of them wouldnt even load the page while the one with a uk connection worked. Had 4 browsers open and then the firefox one pulled the reg screen while. the rest never even got close. Was randomly refreshing them but leaving them alone and at least i had the chance. I always feel bad when somebody else gets tickets and i didnt have a proper shot at them.

congrats to everyone else

who got them too, that was a grind.

Edited by Suprefan

20 minutes ago, clarkete said:

I tried incognito on both Thursday and today with no joy, just in case anyone thinks it's a panacea for future sales.

Wasn't saying it was an exact science but because I read it on this site I got super lucky and had my best haul for a few years, was just thanking for the stars aligning! 

13 minutes ago, Havors said:

Big problem with that is people would flog their spare slots on eBay for ££££.  It's basically bringing back touting.

What is v frustrating is how many tickets are made available to people with a loose connection to the festival / media / industry types. Someone I know is guaranteed a ticket because his friend works for one of those posh off site camping places. One year we managed to sneak into a “vip” (in the loosest sense of the word) area, Dolly Parton was on stage and there was loads of people just sitting inside a tent on their phones, totally uninterested 

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Havors said:

That's not how Liverpool did it for CL final ballot. You already have a smaller pool due to pre-qualfication criteria of previous attendance of that comp that season. You then had to be successful in the ballot to purchase (so if you were buying for 6 all 6 had to have been successful in the ballot)

Yet another year of the half hour rollercoaster of emotions, followed by that sinking feeling, not as down as in other years, I’ll do as I do as before and plan an alternative dust myself down and try again next year, we’ll done to those who managed to get tickets!

Would it really be that hard to just make it a queue system so you at least had an idea of where you were with trying for tickets? Theres zero work around that anyway so its not like you can backdoor link to the sale page after because youre assigned a queue number and the url cant just be posted for all to share. I also think they should just lower it to 4 per person and resale is 2. You essentially are letting 20,000 people take control of a festvials ticket inventory by giving them the ability to buy 6 tickets. I understand its to have larger groups attend, but they know you and 20 other friends are tryinf to buy, so you can get tickets for everyone. Coachella limits it to 2 per person and they last when the main onsale goes down. Even their presale the tickets take a while to be allocated. And they have a queue system so you arent sweating bullets. I get that they want to stay pretty arcane, but until the bubble bursts with the fest and it takes longer for it to sell out, this isnt going to stop. I felt pretty good with the coach sale taking so long on thursday, just hoping that maybe tickets laster an hour today, but of course its barely half an hour. This discussion will never end and i doubt see or emily eavis will do anything to change it since its an instant sell out. 

7 minutes ago, rebeccac said:

What is v frustrating is how many tickets are made available to people with a loose connection to the festival / media / industry types. Someone I know is guaranteed a ticket because his friend works for one of those posh off site camping places. One year we managed to sneak into a “vip” (in the loosest sense of the word) area, Dolly Parton was on stage and there was loads of people just sitting inside a tent on their phones, totally uninterested 

There’s bigger issues than that. Far too many people on site who get a free ticket in return for doing minimal ‘work’ no other festival has so many hangers on there under the guise of ‘working’

• Upvote 1

2 laptops, 2 phones and 2 ipads. 

Only 1 phone got to holding page from the beginning. I didn't dare refresh.

Finally got through, afraid to leave the page I entered details manually. Got a friends postcode wrong but got a second chance at it and all went well. Doesn't matter avout spaces/no spaces, it corrected automatically.  Sorry for those not as lucky.

Going to our 2nd Glastonbury.

Just now, Suprefan said:

Would it really be that hard to just make it a queue system so you at least had an idea of where you were with trying for tickets? Theres zero work around that anyway so its not like you can backdoor link to the sale page after because youre assigned a queue number and the url cant just be posted for all to share. I also think they should just lower it to 4 per person and resale is 2. You essentially are letting 20,000 people take control of a festvials ticket inventory by giving them the ability to buy 6 tickets. I understand its to have larger groups attend, but they know you and 20 other friends are tryinf to buy, so you can get tickets for everyone. Coachella limits it to 2 per person and they last when the main onsale goes down. Even their presale the tickets take a while to be allocated. And they have a queue system so you arent sweating bullets. I get that they want to stay pretty arcane, but until the bubble bursts with the fest and it takes longer for it to sell out, this isnt going to stop. I felt pretty good with the coach sale taking so long on thursday, just hoping that maybe tickets laster an hour today, but of course its barely half an hour. This discussion will never end and i doubt see or emily eavis will do anything to change it since its an instant sell out. 

Liverpool do do this for member's sales of PL home games, the time waiting is in minutes up to 30 mins I think, then under 45 mins, under an hour and over an hour. Believe me it's just as frustrating if you get anything other than the specific minutes and most members hate the way it works. 

3 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

They won’t do anything to the system whilst it sells out, that’s really all they care about. Hopefully at some point soon the bubble will burst and demand will drop.

I am genuinely delighted to be going back to my favourite place on Earth, I haven't been on the forum much since July and not been able to enjoy it, but that has changed sensationally now. Real small number of people going I know this year probably about 15 where as it could be upto 50… Roll on my 7th time

2020!

B):wub: