Tickets , Tips and Tricks

Crazyfool01

12 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Got through just before sold out, then put details in wrong. Girlfriend had no space in postcode and I had a space in mine, but I just used the one with the space...and it sold out in the meantime

This is my issue.... last year when you got to booking page it held your tickets for x amount of minutes to put details in. 

This year they just let more people on than they had tickets. I clicked confirm to pay and boom sold out... I mean wtf? Seriously? 

Got past the registrations page at 9.31, but instead of payment page got a page saying no tickets available.

kept pressing back and forward for a couple of minutes then the payment page came up!

Had a feeling it might go through if I kept trying.

I got here at around 9.25 but it wouldn't let me proceed. When clicked on i got "Deposit tickets are currently unavailable". I assume there were already more people at payment stage than tickets available (that is a guess though). I kept going back and trying again but got nothing.

20191006_093024.jpg

10 minutes ago, mazola said:

Got past the registrations page at 9.31, but instead of payment page got a page saying no tickets available.

kept pressing back and forward for a couple of minutes then the payment page came up!

Had a feeling it might go through if I kept trying.

Same happened to me. Was worried clock was ticking as was right at the death kept going back and forwards. Maybe folk lost their tickets due to time out so some became available ? So lucky this year

I got 12 tickets in total, which was part of the 18 of 36 in our group. Nice one who ever mentioned incognito the other day, I had that and a safari open and was refreshing between both that and google chrome incognito and then just switched to constant refresh of GC, got two groups of tickets and was thru for a third before it sold out! Buzzing that's 10 years in a row for me now, commiserations to those who have missed out. 

4 minutes ago, Havors said:

Time for a ballot system? At least then it's just luck and you aren't getting shafted? 

As many have and will say.

There were 2.4 million registrations this year. I doubt that all of those tried for tickets. You would be lowering your % even more and then it would fuck up any groups going, most people would end up going solo due to the nature of luck. Would change the atmosphere of the festival completely.

It's already luck. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Clubber Lang said:

Not sure if it's already been mentioned, but you can set up short cut keys text replacement for Apple devices ie iPad and phone.

Goto settings

general

Keyboard

Text replacement

It should speed up time massively if you get through.

Apologies if already been said

Thanks for this, saved me loads of time with my shaky hands!

38 minutes ago, JHad said:

I guess this is as good a place to vent as any! That's the 45th sale (coach, resales etc) that I've followed advice for down to the letter over the years and never got close to getting a ticket. Yet, some people get them every year. 

Just to shatter that illusion, that's been true for me since 85 -  for the last few decades via sales, resales or secret resales. 

However I didn't even get past the queue page on either sale this week and nor did any of about 10 people I know trying - indeed many of them didn't even get to the queue just got page errors.

4 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

The only way they can make the system better is by scrapping the deposit scheme and changing the time to something like 4am on a Monday morning. That way you'd reward diehards a little bit better in my view.

Good idea.

4 minutes ago, goodgollyit'sdolly said:

I got 12 tickets in total, which was part of the 18 of 36 in our group. Nice one who ever mentioned incognito the other day, I had that and a safari open and was refreshing between both that and google chrome incognito and then just switched to constant refresh of GC, got two groups of tickets and was thru for a third before it sold out! Buzzing that's 10 years in a row for me now, commiserations to those who have missed out. 

I tried incognito on both Thursday and today with no joy, just in case anyone thinks it's a panacea for future sales.