Tickets , Tips and Tricks

Crazyfool01

1 minute ago, mungo57 said:

total dogshit that. No chance at all - got holding page twice then just crashed again.

The sooner they explore the option of a different way to sell the tickets the better. I literally have no clue how ANYONE got on the booking page

Yeah, I’m gutted. 

Not sure a better way is needed though. They sold all the tickets in the usual time without the site falling over. It’s just that we didn’t get any. :(

Just now, ScarletBlaster said:

Took 4 minutes last year with four devices in one house, 10 or so devices in three houses this year and nothing! ?

Probably part of the problem in fairness. We were 8 people trying, but with the help of 14 people, each likely with at least 2-4 devices... 

I'm not critiscising, but that's 30+ devices, multiple tabs open as well likely... dang it...

The only way that it’s ever going to be easier to buy tickets is if the festivals popularity massively drops and demand vaguely matches availability. From their point of view a successful T day is all the tickets selling without the site crashing, which they manage every year. They are not going to change anything.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Site crashed as i was entering payment details at 9.18, on a refresh and entering them again it said my payment had already processed and then conf email came through shortly after. if you got as far as entering payment details and then crashed, check your emails, you never know.

did also try for others on here once i got reg page open again but never got a 2nd chance

The current setup probably is the 'fairest' way but would love to see them acknowledge the efforts of people who are willing to go the extra mile to get tickets and not just login on a Sunday morning. I say put 10,000 tickets on sale in independent record stores across the country, on sale same day and time. Wouldn't work for everyone but gives you a better effort to success ratio if you're willing to queue up/camp out for a couple of days (and maybe stimulate more support for the outlets too)

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, bobby_gillespie said:

The current setup probably is the 'fairest' way but would love to see them acknowledge the efforts of people who are willing to go the extra mile to get tickets and not just login on a Sunday morning. I say put 10,000 tickets on sale in independent record stores across the country, on sale same day and time. Wouldn't work for everyone but gives you a better effort to success ratio if you're willing to queue up/camp out for a couple of days (and maybe stimulate more support for the outlets too)

And if you live in a rural area? If you can't camp out because you need to work?

I got through to the reg page, then got through to the payment page! It said tickets were being held for 4 or so minutes. I put my payment details then click buy for the the page to just hang and hang. Nothing happened at all! Then after several tries of that it comes back to the payment page saying that the allotted time has run out and the tickets are allocated elsewhere.

I then try again on the reg page to get through to the payment page with no luck and it then says sold out.

Half way through typing this message on here I get an email from SeeTickets with my deposit confirmation!! Looks like I'm going to Glastonbury 2020 bois!

Unbelievable it worked through that way, I'm stunned!

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I got through to the reg page, then got through to the payment page! It said tickets were being held for 4 or so minutes. I put my payment details then click buy for the the page to just hang and hang. Nothing happened at all! Then after several tries of that it comes back to the payment page saying that the allotted time has run out and the tickets are allocated elsewhere.

I then try again on the reg page to get through to the payment page with no luck and it then says sold out.

Half way through typing this message on here I get an email from SeeTickets with my deposit confirmation!! Looks like I'm going to Glastonbury 2020 bois!

Unbelievable it worked through that way, I'm stunned!

Exactly same experience but no email...  Payment got stuck and after a time hanging my tab just decided to close. :(