Tickets , Tips and Tricks

Crazyfool01

1 minute ago, arcade fireman said:

Hey, we are buying tickets but I'm not 100% if I'm going (live in Australia and have a lot on next year). If I'm lead booker and I don't pay my deposit my friends can still go right? Have been to plenty of Glastos before but never been unsure if I'll go or not!

Yeah, you'll be fine.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, sirjonnyp said:

Is https://glastonbury.seetickets.com/content/extras the right link? Or should it be one with 8000001 or a similar number in it? 

I don’t think anyone knows the correct url for sure yet. And going directly to it may even be a hinderance.

just head for Glastonbury.seetickets.com initially at least 

4 minutes ago, Pipine said:

We got tickets well before 9am one year.. was back in bed by 9am!  But yeah, that was some years ago now

Think it was 2008- they put them on sale about 40 mins early for a while- I remember as it was the only year I didn't paranoidily check the tickets link that early!

Just now, K2SO said:

Anyone else remember for 2013/14 tickets, there was something you could do with your hosts file that skipped the queue? Is that dead now?

2011 they royally fucked up - they had two servers and put only one on the DNS entry.  For 90 odd minutes one of those servers was only accessible by doing a host file edit.  I got over 100 peoples tickets that year as the server was sat barely being used and you'd get on every refresh.  Didn't buy a drop of alcohol that year! 

Just now, tumbles said:

2011 they royally fucked up - they had two servers and put only one on the DNS entry.  For 90 odd minutes one of those servers was only accessible by doing a host file edit.  I got over 100 peoples tickets that year as the server was sat barely being used and you'd get on every refresh.  Didn't buy a drop of alcohol that year! 

In 2014, I think I got about 40 people's tickets because of the hosts trick. Gutted it's gone now, it used to feel like a little reward for being in the right places!

2 minutes ago, K2SO said:

In 2014, I think I got about 40 people's tickets because of the hosts trick. Gutted it's gone now, it used to feel like a little reward for being in the right places!

Yeah I got our entire groups that year because of that (and this forum!)