Tickets , Tips and Tricks

Crazyfool01

2 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

My Thursday night depression has given way to just hoping for the best.

I  really wish you all the best of luck.

It would be fantastic if the festival was full of those who really buy into the ethos of the festival but we know that can’t happen. Who knows, if I fail I will still try and grab tickets for the pilton party, you meet such interesting people there! 

its been a lucky week .... Premium bonds , England rugby ....Liverpool 95th min winner ..... no reason why it shouldn't continue ...(just 1 million people )

keeping it nice and positive ... 

Good luck ... and I will definitely be at the PP again :) 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, kaytee... said:

I’ve got no hope for tomorrow but just switched on the iPad to set it up, opened chrome and there’s the glasto tab still open from when I successfully bought tickets last year ?

and ive turned on the desktop and have the bus sale pages from thurs .... Positive thoughts ... you can do this .... all these newbies will be giving up after 5 mins 

2 hours ago, parsonjack said:

That's what I found yes....which is why the only thing you can do to avoid the possibility is to use different connections per device.  I did however test 2 laptops on same WiFi refreshing every second and experienced no 'busy' page at all.  The conclusion being that the possibility is there, and it increases the more devices you use on same connection.  2 may be no issue...but the more you add the bigger the risk. 

really helpful is there a way of knowing you have the issue and get the busy page? Is it different to the 20 second page we all refresh or are you just stuck in a loop? 

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

could too many connections potentially crash the whole lot ? and lead to it not working at all for a period of time ? 

I think a total crash is unlikely given load balancing and rate limiting technology. ..but excessive demand will surely lead to network congestion and session timeouts etc. 

4 minutes ago, mpdow2 said:

really helpful is there a way of knowing you have the issue and get the busy page? Is it different to the 20 second page we all refresh or are you just stuck in a loop? 

Unfortunately not...by the 'busy' page I'm referring to the 20 second page.  There's no way of knowing if you have the real or 'fake' one at all....hence why the advice is to try and avoid the 'fake' one by staying within the refresh limit. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

and ive turned on the desktop and have the bus sale pages from thurs .... Positive thoughts ... you can do this .... all these newbies will be giving up after 5 mins 

Thursday thrown positive thoughts out the window but im hanging on to the fact that ive only ever been successful once in coach sale so theres hope yet?

Fingers crossed for you!!

20 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

That last bit...??????

17 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Checked my I phone this morning, on Thursday I was trying to get on using 4G  and it was still showing the holding page. I had the irrational thought that if I refreshed it I would find some sort of secret sale reserved for druids, dairy farmers, Methodists and masons. It didn’t work. 

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Checked my I phone this morning, on Thursday I was trying to get on using 4G  and it was still showing the holding page. I had the irrational thought that if I refreshed it I would find some sort of secret sale reserved for druids, dairy farmers, Methodists and masons. It didn’t work. 

id be surprised if there were any regulars on here that hadn't tried that ... you are a long way from being the only one :) 

Just now, morph100 said:

Hoping the newbies all stop trying and head to facebook and twitter to moan the page won’t load while we swoop in and clean up ?

This  ^^^

If you've got time to Text, tweet, whatsapp or Facebook then you're not trying hard enough and don't deserve a ticket.... I'll be offline on all social media until I've got tickets for all people in our groups or they're sold out.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

is anyone feeling  mildly confident ? ... I try to think this way as much as possible .... maybe I'm just a crazy fool 

One in a million here but I'm personally feeling hopeful about tomorrow for some reason. I'm as prepared as I can be, and if I don't get a ticket then I can honestly say I've given it my best shot. The nerves have kicked in now but I'll be in the zone come 9am tomorrow. 

*Disclaimer - I reserve the right to have a full blown sulk for the rest of my life if I don't get a ticket 

Edited by mcmenace
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Right, big mistake, I’ve just went through my sky planner where I have all the bbc Glastonbury  performances over the last 4 festivals recorded. Watched this years best of programme with the amazing weather .  A bit like look what you will miss if you don’t get tickets! 

why would you do that!?

39 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

This used to work for T in the park tickets way back when it sold out early. It was like some payments bounced late or tickets found way back into the system. I picked up 4 one year 3 hours after the sold out messages had gone out. 

37 minutes ago, morph100 said:

Hoping the newbies all stop trying and head to facebook and twitter to moan the page won’t load while we swoop in and clean up ?

Not sure if it makes me a b*stard but I do enjoy seeing people moan about not getting tickets after the sale, if I had 5p for every time I read "terrible system" and "should be a ballot"!

Might get some of the best ones printed on a flag

Dunno if it’s just me or I need better friends - but is anyone else absolutely fucking convinced that a mate or two is just gonna sleep in and leave it to the rest of the group to get tickets?

I think the difficulty and stress of ticket morning just makes some people not bother and let their friends do it.

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Dunno if it’s just me or I need better friends - but is anyone else absolutely fucking convinced that a mate or two is just gonna sleep in and leave it to the rest of the group to get tickets?

I think the difficulty and stress of ticket morning just makes some people not bother and let their friends do it.

i had a feeling my best mate wasn't really in it .... but then yesterday he sorted 4 helpers .... he's desperate to see psbs after going to chems last time 

Edited by crazyfool1

3 minutes ago, kevbizarre said:

This thread is too big for me to find the answer to a question I am sure has been asked....

When you get through to the holding page and it states it will automatically try for you every 20 seconds - is it better to just over ride with F5 or patiently wait?

Thanks

Kevin

slow and steady f5 ... any spare devices have on the manual 20 seconds ... focus on one device 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I'm worried we might have a couple of 'passengers' tomorrow morning, but I'm going to be the bastard Sgt Major saying at 8:45 on the WhatsApp group "OK, who's here wanting to try for tickets??"

• Upvote 1