Tickets , Tips and Tricks

Crazyfool01

2 minutes ago, nicknoxx said:

If you do refresh too fast and get locked out you can clear cookies, restart your browser and try again.  That's why some people use incognito mode as it automatically clears cookies when you shut the browser.

If you refresh too fast you'll not know about it as you just get issued the usual 'busy' page.  Simply slowing your rate will clear it though.. ..no need to clear cookies in that circumstance. 

5 minutes ago, gordong said:

Don’t mean to be a fear-monger but does anyone else have a really bad feeling about tomorrow? 

Yes, bloody fed up meeting folk over the past few weeks and them saying You go to Glastonbury don’t you? Followed by, we are going to try this year. Also daft questions like can you park next to your tent?  Is there electrical hook up for your tent?  Etc etc. 

15 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

so ... just got an ethernet cable adaptor so I can wire in my macbook pro.... is it not as simple as plugging it in ? seemed to work with my desktop ... but appears to not work with laptop ? any ideas ? 

It'll only use the wired connection when you turn off the Wi-Fi that you've been using so far. You might then need to select the ethernet adapter in the Network Control Panel too.

Also, does your new adapter have led's on it to show network activity, and if so are they blinking up at you happily (to make sure the ethernet cable you've plugged into it is sound)?

30 minutes ago, gordong said:

Don’t mean to be a fear-monger but does anyone else have a really bad feeling about tomorrow? 

I didn’t have a bad feeling until reading about people’s struggles on Thursday ?

I won’t say I felt positive as that would no doubt jinx it, but certainly different to last year where I had a gut feeling I’d miss out (and I did). Realisation setting in again and it’s not going to be easy 

9 minutes ago, billum said:

It'll only use the wired connection when you turn off the Wi-Fi that you've been using so far. You might then need to select the ethernet adapter in the Network Control Panel too.

Also, does your new adapter have led's on it to show network activity, and if so are they blinking up at you happily (to make sure the ethernet cable you've plugged into it is sound)?

It’s come up with This screen ... any advice from here ... not quite as simple as selecting it appears 

F7576CDA-7567-4D7D-A5E4-D7DBFF8CEF06.jpeg

6 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

It’s come up with This screen ... any advice from here ... not quite as simple as selecting it appears 

F7576CDA-7567-4D7D-A5E4-D7DBFF8CEF06.jpeg

Hmm, I'd expect the option below the one you've got there, the USB LAN, to be the one to select, but that one seems to say Not Connected. I presume your adapter plugs into a USB socket? Might it need a driver installing? (Some do, some don't)

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, billum said:

Hmm, I'd expect the option below the one you've got there, the USB LAN, to be the one to select, but that one seems to say Not Connected. I presume your adapter plugs into a USB socket? Might it need a driver installing? (Some do, some don't)

was a dodgy wire / connector ... thank you  I've now sorted it ... odd that i didn't need to do anything with desktop and it just seemed to work though :) 

1 hour ago, gordong said:

After being miserably unsuccessful last year in both general and resale, I can safely say I am shitting myself. It's more than a really bad feeling. 

I know what heartbreak is after missing this year and I can't do it again ☹️?

Just now, parsonjack said:

Hmm...I have reasonable confidence in one of our group getting to a Reg page....far less in terms of actually completing the transaction. 

could too many connections potentially crash the whole lot ? and lead to it not working at all for a period of time ? 

1 hour ago, parsonjack said:

That's what I found yes....which is why the only thing you can do to avoid the possibility is to use different connections per device.  I did however test 2 laptops on same WiFi refreshing every second and experienced no 'busy' page at all.  The conclusion being that the possibility is there, and it increases the more devices you use on same connection.  2 may be no issue...but the more you add the bigger the risk. 

I copied the link that was for the details page and tried it last night. It takes me to a page that says ‘event no longer on sale’ but is still clearly a ticket page. Refreshing it takes you to the 20 sec page even now (maybe a cached one) and continuing to refresh back to the original one. Even at rapid refresh it doesn’t go not found

8 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Hmm...I have reasonable confidence in one of our group getting to a Reg page....far less in terms of actually completing the transaction. 

Yeah - this is my fear having had it once. Getting in, going to payment and that effing server going wrong.

There are no guarantees, just simple probability, and nothing you can do about it apart from increasing your clean F5's.

10 minutes ago, al_coholic said:

Just bumped into 3 randoms in the pub and they are trying tomorrow. Not the sort I would have thought would go. Also 2 friends that have never shown any bloody interest are trying as well. This is a nightmare I reckon there is going to be at least 1million people trying. 

1 million and most people will be trying on multiple devices, although of course if you’ve got the same amount that flattens the odds back down to around 1 in 10 ?

If you assume everyone goes for 6 tickets that’s only 20,000 ‘slots’ up for grabs as well ?

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

54 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

is anyone feeling  mildly confident ? ... I try to think this way as much as possible .... maybe I'm just a crazy fool 

My Thursday night depression has given way to just hoping for the best.

I  really wish you all the best of luck.

It would be fantastic if the festival was full of those who really buy into the ethos of the festival but we know that can’t happen. Who knows, if I fail I will still try and grab tickets for the pilton party, you meet such interesting people there!