Tickets , Tips and Tricks

Crazyfool01

12 hours ago, JoeyT said:

I had a little go at it last night between my phone on a shaky 4g connection and a laptop on a 4g dongle just for the crack.

Didn't get anywhere but the holding page.

Man it's got me fired up for Sunday though!

Thus preventing those who needed coach packages from getting on...……..

23 hours ago, DarrenVonBoathook said:

You do need cookies enabled for seeTickets load balancer to pass you through to a server. 

They publish their cookie info here and the first 3 fields are labelled as "Strictly Necessary". The description does match the cookie that is on my PC when I access their site so I would say if your are blocking cookies you probably aren't going to get anywhere on Sunday :(.

Cheers

Turns out I can access seetickets whilst in China without needing to go through my VPN, nor DuckDuckGo. Just need to check that phone/tablet isn't blocking cookirs

11 hours ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Thus preventing those who needed coach packages from getting on...……..

1 hour ago, JoeyT said:

Cheer up fella.

Nah this is bloody annoying to be fair. Always winds me up to read the "Just went on for the crack" posts as well. If you're going to take up valuable space and time in the booking scrum at least try for someone else while you're doing it. The system was overloaded enough that people's bookings were glitching out all over the place. We don't really need the extra hangers on for "fun".

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Nah this is bloody annoying to be fair. Always winds me up to read the "Just went on for the crack" posts as well. If you're going to take up valuable space and time in the booking scrum at least try for someone else while you're doing it. The system was overloaded enough that people's bookings were glitching out all over the place. We don't really need the extra hangers on for "fun".

The number of coach tickets available doesn't change if I'm testing the water.

We currently don't have broadband at home so I was seeing how effective it was trying to get through using 4g. Turns out not very good at all.

It wasn't a case of me getting through to the enter reg details page then leaving the page open or such like!

Just now, JoeyT said:

The number of coach tickets available doesn't change if I'm testing the water.

We currently don't have broadband at home so I was seeing how effective it was trying to get through using 4g. Turns out not very good at all.

It wasn't a case of me getting through to the enter reg details page then leaving the page open or such like!

Right but you must have read about all the transactions that failed halfway through? It's not just about numbers trying, it's about overloading the system if you don't need to.

People do it every year though. One of the reasons the coach sale has got so hard probably.

I’ve got tickets for our group maybe four or five times times and it’s been totally random in respect of mobile 4g vs Laptop on WiFi.

In the coach sale my mobile wouldn’t even load the page once it started, yet there have been times when I’ve got through on my mobile.

Im no expert, but you’ve either got a stable connection to the holding page, or you haven’t,

From there it’s just absolute dumb luck if you happen to refresh at the precise moment you need to.

In a one off situation people are always going to be biased towards the method that worked for them, but I can definitely say across a number of sales there really has been no pattern to it.

In one normal sale and one resale I was exceptionally lucky to get through within a couple of minutes on my MacBook via WiFi. It seemed easy. Once I got through on my mobile pretty much at the grim death. Last year I failed completely in all four sales on every single method.

Its mostly just random luck (which can be mitigated against slightly by the obvious stuff) with those odds getting worse and worse every single year.

14 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I’ve got tickets for our group maybe four or five times times and it’s been totally random in respect of mobile 4g vs Laptop on WiFi.

In the coach sale my mobile wouldn’t even load the page once it started, yet there have been times when I’ve got through on my mobile.

Im no expert, but you’ve either got a stable connection to the holding page, or you haven’t,

From there it’s just absolute dumb luck if you happen to refresh at the precise moment you need to.

In a one off situation people are always going to be biased towards the method that worked for them, but I can definitely say across a number of sales there really has been no pattern to it.

In one normal sale and one resale I was exceptionally lucky to get through within a couple of minutes on my MacBook via WiFi. It seemed easy. Once I got through on my mobile pretty much at the grim death. Last year I failed completely in all four sales on every single method.

Its mostly just random luck (which can be mitigated against slightly by the obvious stuff) with those odds getting worse and worse every single year.

What browser did you use on your MacBook? 

8 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Right, big mistake, I’ve just went through my sky planner where I have all the bbc Glastonbury  performances over the last 4 festivals recorded. Watched this years best of programme with the amazing weather .  A bit like look what you will miss if you don’t get tickets! 

I genuinely think I'd have to stay off here if I'm unsuccessful tomorrow - and I'm not overly optimistic. I got a brand new laptop (not just got the sale but coincidentally) with an i7 processor, and it died out the box and it can't be replaced till next week. If that isn't a sign of a nail in the coffin I don't know what is. 

I had a shortened Glastonbury last year due to last minute unplanned work so I've still not brought myself to watch the vlogs on YouTube!