Tickets , Tips and Tricks

Crazyfool01

19 minutes ago, Cheddar Valley said:

VPN or not?? What's peoples thoughts.  I had 1 laptop with both Chrome and Edge.  Chrome was auto refreshing and Edge I left on 20 second counter.  I also tethered phone to my tablet also on 20 second counter

Will make no difference. 

Just now, Bigmc25 said:

I get the impression that they may be. Do you think they could have a quicker overall connection?? Or the fact that there's no IP address?

Possibly that less traffic is going through the mobile networks infrastructure compared to home broadband providers. It's likely they have some of the best bandwidth/systems to cope with an siege like glastoticket day.

5 minutes ago, Bigmc25 said:

I get the impression that they may be. Do you think they could have a quicker overall connection?? Or the fact that there's no IP address?

I have no idea :(

All I know is, for me, 4G connections got through very quickly at every stage, WiFi was deathly slow. 

Obviously anecdotal - A laptop and a PC vs two mobiles, but we got through and got tickets on a mobile and didn't even get close on the PC or laptop. 

4 minutes ago, Bigmc25 said:

I had my laptop tethered through my mobile and didn't notice any difference with being on WiFi or direct to the router. 4G on the mobile was fine. Trying again from a different location on Sunday, hopefully somewhere where the 4G connection will be at it's strongest. Not that is wasn't last night, but it can be a tad slow in my old man's place sometimes

33 minutes ago, Bigmc25 said:

Anything you use to establish a web connection to Seetickets has an IP address...even a mobile.  It wouldn't work otherwise. 

3 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Anything you use to establish a web connection to Seetickets has an IP address...even a mobile.  It wouldn't work otherwise. 

Internet Protocol is certainly more effective than my telepathic messages to Michael for a couple of tickets.

39 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

True but mobiles still tend to go through gateways, so see couldn't really block or restrict a gateway IP as easily as a dynamic/static home broadband connection. 

11 minutes ago, tumbles said:

True but mobiles still tend to go through gateways, so see couldn't really block or restrict a gateway IP as easily as a dynamic/static home broadband connection. 

^^^ This ^^^

I am very swayed towards this theory. In the last resale I managed to get through in SECONDS (in CAPS!) on my iPad routed through my iPhone 4G hotspot standing outside Lewisham train station on my way to run the marathon. It left me in shock! Or maybe it was just pure luck.....

6 minutes ago, Gilb said:

^^^ This ^^^

I am very swayed towards this theory. In the last resale I managed to get through in SECONDS (in CAPS!) on my iPad routed through my iPhone 4G hotspot standing outside Lewisham train station on my way to run the marathon. It left me in shock! Or maybe it was just pure luck.....

tis random and luck, 

I've never got a sniff at the ticket page through my mobile connection

12 minutes ago, wweerr208 said:

tis random and luck, 

I've never got a sniff at the ticket page through my mobile connection

I think we are all eager to have some kind of favourable mantra to cling to in order to get tickets!

Has the colour of underwear been discussed yet? ?

2 hours ago, tumbles said:

Nice theory but try tethering to your mobile and hitting F5 like a demon now.  You'll get the 'busy' page just like any other device.

Although mobiles can have similar IP's if they are within the same 'private' segment, which I don't think is location based, and given the volume of devices on the network, the likelihood of 2 with the same IP hitting the same app server at Seetickets simultaneously is very small.  That would suggest an advantage in using 4G but only when it comes to avoiding the refresh rate as you'd be far less likely to have your hits cumulatively counted with another device.

I think.....

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, parsonjack said:

Nice theory but try tethering to your mobile and hitting F5 like a demon now.  You'll get the 'busy' page just like any other device.

Although mobiles can have similar IP's if they are within the same 'private' segment, which I don't think is location based, and given the volume of devices on the network, the likelihood of 2 with the same IP hitting the same app server at Seetickets simultaneously is very small.  That would suggest an advantage in using 4G but only when it comes to avoiding the refresh rate as you'd be far less likely to have your hits cumulatively counted with another device.

I think.....

still in here ... you need an above and beyond award for helpfulness .... and im out of votes today .... upvotes for Parsonjack anyone ?