Tickets , Tips and Tricks

Crazyfool01

On 9/27/2019 at 3:37 PM, crazyfool1 said:

no problem .. hope it helps on the day ... it should :) 

Can’t believe I didn’t think of that considering I use short codes or whatever they’re called for my name, email address and all that on my phone. Will set up as a backup on my mobile blower as I don’t ha e a MacBook. Great idea. Thanks!

8 hours ago, Jay89 said:

Anyone got verified by visa thingy then?

They turn that off for the ticket sales thank fuck. The Mrs’ card requires a one time passcode texted to her phone. I’d probably kill myself if I needed that and the message is delayed sending.....

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, airwaves said:

I took to DuckDuckGo as my default browser on my phone and while back. It doesn't track, nor, I think, take cookies

You do need cookies enabled for seeTickets load balancer to pass you through to a server. 

They publish their cookie info here and the first 3 fields are labelled as "Strictly Necessary". The description does match the cookie that is on my PC when I access their site so I would say if your are blocking cookies you probably aren't going to get anywhere on Sunday :(.

Edited by DarrenVonBoathook

I got the tickets using Chrome, refreshing manually in one tab every 3 seconds. Every five minutes I was cleaning the cookies and trying again. After 9 minutes I got into the website. Did everything and in the payment step, system was blocked so I was fucking freaking out but thanks god the payment arrived and got the tickets.

I got through on my phone at around 6.10 (the only device I wasn't manually refreshing or paying any real attention to).  Put reg details in easy enough but when selecting the coach, I kept getting an error message saying that the number of tix selected didn't match the number of registrations.   It would randomly clear some (or all) of the registrations and I'd have to go back and forth.

I spent just over 15 mins doing this before they all sold out.

I do think the system is very fair and some glitches are to be expected but this was particularly frustrating as it was an error that I just couldn't seem to control or get past.   

2 minutes ago, FakeEmpire said:

I got through on my phone at around 6.10 (the only device I wasn't manually refreshing or paying any real attention to).  Put reg details in easy enough but when selecting the coach, I kept getting an error message saying that the number of tix selected didn't match the number of registrations.   It would randomly clear some (or all) of the registrations and I'd have to go back and forth.

I do think the system is very fair and some glitches are to be expected but this was particularly frustrating as it was an error that I just couldn't seem to control or get past.   

Yeah, had the same experience. Would have rather had seen nothing!

7 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

Yeah, had the same experience. Would have rather had seen nothing!

It is more frustrating putting all your details in and not being able to get it to accept them!

On the other hand, if we get that far on Sunday then we should be golden as there will be no coach selection page to throw a spanner in the works! 

11 minutes ago, FakeEmpire said:

It is more frustrating putting all your details in and not being able to get it to accept them!

On the other hand, if we get that far on Sunday then we should be golden as there will be no coach selection page to throw a spanner in the works! 

This is the slim thread of hope that I am hanging on to! 

29 minutes ago, FakeEmpire said:

Might be chatting sh*te but I think that must have meant there were only a few tickets left, not enough to cover your whole group? So it removes the “excess” ones?

1 hour ago, FakeEmpire said:

My guess, and it is a guess, for this is that there weren't enough tickets left on the coach. For example if you put 4 registrations in but there were only 3 spaces left on the selected coach.

41 minutes ago, The_Amazing_Oblong said:

My guess, and it is a guess, for this is that there weren't enough tickets left on the coach. For example if you put 4 registrations in but there were only 3 spaces left on the selected coach.

Yes, this may very well be it.  Rather than delete some regs, I'd rather they just returned an error saying "not enough tickets on selected coach" and then I could proceed to try a different coach or city.   

I did actually try about 25 or so different options and had the same problem each time.

Ah well, I've been very lucky up until this point so can't complain.   Hoping for better luck for us all on Sunday!