Tickets , Tips and Tricks

Crazyfool01

Got through in the first minute for friends (I’m trying for my own ticket on Sunday) and it was going smoothly until payment page when I had to click proceed 5 or 6 times and it kept freezing. Wasted at least 3 mins of the timer waiting for it to do something then payment finally went through.  Worried about payments pages for Sunday given the likely extra numbers trying. 

Got through using Chrome and manually refreshing. Never saw the registration page again after that tho and it just kept saying ‘This site cannot be reached’

Is this holding page actually doing anything or is it basically a step forward and youre sat with 100,000 other people on this page and it’s down to pure luck on the refresh?

when my Mrs bought Adele tickets a few years ago, the holding page was limited to so many people at a time and you had a queue number so could see if you stood a chance, this is just ridiculously random.

29 minutes ago, TheGoodWillOut said:

Is this holding page actually doing anything or is it basically a step forward and youre sat with 100,000 other people on this page and it’s down to pure luck on the refresh?

when my Mrs bought Adele tickets a few years ago, the holding page was limited to so many people at a time and you had a queue number so could see if you stood a chance, this is just ridiculously random.

It's considered to be random yeah, which is why some people prefer it. I'd prefer a queue just so you know if you can go make a brew inbetween!

Got through to enter registrations page pressed proceed button. Got a white screen/page could not be found message. Pressed back, got blank registration page, 're entered details, same page could not be found message. This happened 4 times and then sold out message came up.

Could I have done anything different, what was the problem? I was using edge browser over home wifi on a laptop.  Bricking it for Sunday!

Was going For Weds and got nowhere other than holding, when it sold out went for Thurs and managed to get through on one device. Got onto location page, did a few different selections and couldn’t quite get any further (we were looking at one specific place). Gut feeling is that, had we gone for Thursday in the first place, we’d have been ok

Kind of augurs well for Sunday as had it just been tickets we were after we would have sorted it...

6 minutes ago, Flysheet said:

Was going For Weds and got nowhere other than holding, when it sold out went for Thurs and managed to get through on one device. Got onto location page, did a few different selections and couldn’t quite get any further (we were looking at one specific place). Gut feeling is that, had we gone for Thursday in the first place, we’d have been ok

Kind of augurs well for Sunday as had it just been tickets we were after we would have sorted it...

I wondered the same thing.  I imagine there may have been slightly lower demand for the Thursday option.  After considering this I switched to try the Thursday but we didn't get anywhere.  

Don’t think it really makes a difference. I had three devices all trying for Thursday from the get go and didn’t get off the holding page on any.

I’d imagine the initial demand for Wednesday is slightly higher, but as places fill up people will switch to Thursday anyway and the demand on the holding page will become just as high or higher anyway. 

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TheGoodWillOut said:

It's a step forward than a grey or a white screen of death or some kind of "we can't make this connection", but it is most certainly not a queue and there are a squillion other people on it

3 hours ago, Heather90 said:

So glad you got in. Your advice got me the 5 I needed sat in the airport. 

You sir deserve a cold one on me at the efests meet up, which I will 100% attend this time! 

I’m really pleased for you! An airport is the last place you want to be for the sale. Congrats!

2 hours ago, bellboy said:

Got through to enter registrations page pressed proceed button. Got a white screen/page could not be found message. Pressed back, got blank registration page, 're entered details, same page could not be found message. This happened 4 times and then sold out message came up.

Could I have done anything different, what was the problem? I was using edge browser over home wifi on a laptop.  Bricking it for Sunday!

For what it's worth, I had this but instead of pressing back I refreshed the white page and after a minute of refreshing I got back in, so maybe try that if you're in the same situation sunday

• Upvote 1

I was unsuccessful today in getting the tickets. Does anyone know if the bulk of the tickets went on sale today through the coach package or if the bulk go on sale on Sunday. I’m hopping Sunday has more tickets available. Trying to come from Seattle Washington. Wish me luck! 

1 minute ago, Johnny206 said:

I was unsuccessful today in getting the tickets. Does anyone know if the bulk of the tickets went on sale today through the coach package or if the bulk go on sale on Sunday. I’m hopping Sunday has more tickets available. Trying to come from Seattle Washington. Wish me luck! 

There were around 22,000 on sale today, and it's at least 120,000 on sale on Sunday. More competition, but more tickets. Good luck! 

There were 11 of us trying. The group of 5 got through and the group of 6, my group (typical!) failed miserably.

I’m making my group stay positive and telling them that the coach sale was a bonus attempt and Sunday is the actual sale.

It does feel like it‘s getting more and more difficult every year and combined with it being the 50th people shouldn’t be too disheartened at not getting tickets on attempt 1 of 4 (general sale, coach resale and general resale).

Same goes for everyone on here. We go again Sunday when there are a lot more tickets available. 

SEE YOU ALL ON THE FARM! :) 

Edited by DareToDibble

9 hours ago, TheGoodWillOut said:

How did you get to the web address? Did you go to Glastonbury.seetickets.com first? 

Just put that link in the search bar and it took me straight there, literally the easiest year for me. Had our card number wrong in the spreadsheet also so that lost me a minute. Check your spreadsheets guys.

we're away in Greece and the internet in the hotel seems solid - don't know if there's anything in it but it was real quick!

I was trying again but didn't get a look in. Got some spare slots in our group for Sunday. I think 2 if anyone would like me to try for them. 

26 minutes ago, upshitcreek said:

Just put that link in the search bar and it took me straight there, literally the easiest year for me. Had our card number wrong in the spreadsheet also so that lost me a minute. Check your spreadsheets guys.

we're away in Greece and the internet in the hotel seems solid - don't know if there's anything in it but it was real quick!

I was trying again but didn't get a look in. Got some spare slots in our group for Sunday. I think 2 if anyone would like me to try for them. 

Hope you’re having a good holiday! 

Please could I take those two extra spaces in your group for Sunday? There’s only two of us but in the countryside with very patchy WiFi on Sunday morning.Thanks so much. 

Edited by Bunbow
Added word

This was my first time getting through to help out for coach - so, am I right in saying that there's an allocation per location?

If that's the case, then we may well end up with the daftness that if you're late getting through (i.e. not in the first 10 minutes), you're better off choosing a location with a lot of coaches because there's more chance of getting on?

Me, through twice, wrong registration no. wasted 5 minutes, then the coach allocation hell where I was selecting 3 and only 1 available and no way to change.

Trying for my lot on Sunday then can help others.

I took to DuckDuckGo as my default browser on my phone and while back. It doesn't track, nor, I think, take cookies

Is that good or bad for trying for tickets on Sunday or should I go in via Google or Chrome?

And, if that wasn't bad enough I'm in China at the moment and so have no option other than to access via VPN to get around Firewall,  unless I can get to See Tickets without or via Bing - need to check

5 minutes ago, Bunbow said:

Hope you’re having a good holiday! 

Please could I take those two extra spaces in your group for Sunday? There’s only two of us but in the countryside with very patchy WiFi on Sunday morning.Thanks so much. 

Your in - Dm your details just reg and post codes. I'll do the same when I get a min.