Tickets , Tips and Tricks

Crazyfool01

one thing i dont understand from the info on the glasto website is this bit " Please note, your registration numbers will be locked for up to 10 minutes if your details are entered incorrectly, an attempt to book is already held against your registration number, or your 5 minutes on the booking page ends. "

So if i get through and enter my groups details, then somebody else in the group does the same thing, do we both get locked out?! So i wont be able to buy tickets for any of the 6 ppl for 10mins?!?

5 minutes ago, TiZuff said:

one thing i dont understand from the info on the glasto website is this bit " Please note, your registration numbers will be locked for up to 10 minutes if your details are entered incorrectly, an attempt to book is already held against your registration number, or your 5 minutes on the booking page ends. "

So if i get through and enter my groups details, then somebody else in the group does the same thing, do we both get locked out?! So i wont be able to buy tickets for any of the 6 ppl for 10mins?!?

It's worded somewhat ambiguously so difficult to say for sure, but some on here have suggested this is simply saying once you get through you have 10 mins to enter the details etc, so for that time no one else will be able to use those registrations. So theoretically if something goes wrong as you get through and for whatever reason you do not complete the booking session, it will remain held for that 10 mins where no one else will be able to access them either.

Please correct me if I'm wrong!

So - is it wiser to go on to  a different wifi than my friend who is trying for our group? Bearing in mind the different wifi is also being used by other people trying for tickets (not in my group)... 

I'm overthinking it.

Edited by svphie

2 minutes ago, svphie said:

So - is it wiser to go on to  a different wifi than my friend who is trying for our group? Bearing in mind the different wifi is also being used by other people trying for tickets (not in my group)... 

I'm overthinking it.

you’d be in exactly the same situation. 

I'm in Geneva airport and due to easyjet being crap I can't check by bag in and get to a lounge yet. So I'm in the bar pre-gates with mobile and work laptop. 

Do I connect to work VPN? Large, multi-national corporation, or stick with the wi-fi? 

Help me, I'm sweating 

On the plus side this is the cheapest (not quite a )pint I've had in the 10 months I've lived in switzerland

Edited by Heather90
Why can't they just serve a full pint? 500ml is over 10% less, making my usual 8.20fr daylight robbery

5 minutes ago, Heather90 said:

I'm in Geneva airport and due to easyjet being crap I can't check by bag in and get to a lounge yet. So I'm in the bar pre-gates with mobile and work laptop. 

Do I connect to work VPN? Large, multi-national corporation, or stick with the wi-fi? 

Help me, I'm sweating 

On the plus side this is the cheapest (not quite a )pint I've had in the 10 months I've lived in switzerland

I would 100% connect to a VPN, partly because it could save you if there's anything evil on the public airport connection. But if you're only worried about tickets and not laptop security, stick to just the public connection.

• Upvote 1