Tickets , Tips and Tricks

Crazyfool01

This has no doubt been answered, I'm sorry. It's just very hard to navigate these forums.

Why do they recommend "Please note: we advise attempting to book on a single browser tab on a single device."?

Is this to save their servers? Or will it actually benefit you personally?

Just now, fat_man_joe said:

This has no doubt been answered, I'm sorry. It's just very hard to navigate these forums.

Why do they recommend "Please note: we advise attempting to book on a single browser tab on a single device."?

Is this to save their servers? Or will it actually benefit you personally?

I think the theory is that if you've got multiple tabs open on the same browser, the servers see it as hits from a single IP address, so if you're refreshing loads of tabs on a single browser at the same time you'll get locked out as I think it's a 60 refreshes per minute limit. Someone with more knowledge will correct me if I'm wrong though

Just now, aj6658 said:

Question of coach tickets: 

Is there a set amount for each place (i.e 2000 for bristol, 2000 for london e.c.T) and it be the case yo make it onto the booking screen and your location is sold out so you have to find a different one?

Yeah had this last year, London sold out as we got onto the booking screen so we switched up and went for Reading

1 hour ago, JoeyT said:

Not that it necessarily even makes a jot of difference but what broadband speeds are we all going in to battle with? 

I'm doing it at work and having just done a test found it's 75mb 

I'm not sure how much difference the line speed makes.

In 2013 I asked a client if they minded me using their fibre for my Glastonbury ticket attempted. At the time it was a 200mb/s fibre leased line, symmetric, uncontended and very low latency, which would have been a fair bit faster than the ADSL I would have otherwise been using. No-one else was in the building so I had the entire bandwidth to myself (I checked, no updates running etc) . I took in 2 laptops, gave them 2 real world IP addresses (spares from the clients allocated block) bypassing most of the buildings infrastructure etc and then sat in the computer room F5ing and got absolutely nowhere, apart from the holding page from time to time.

2015 on holiday in the Lakes district, I got 2 tickets in the resale on an ipad using a slowish (it was slow for everything not just seetickets) ADSL link. And I typed in everything by hand on the ipad virtual keyboard which took some time to do.

Provided its stable broadband connection, its got to be down to being lucky enough to get an available connection from the seetickets server at the right time. YMMV :D

32 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

nope its just luck ... refresh no more than 60x per min ... good luck 

Yes, my luck never betrayed me, I hope this time it will work too. Also, I really hope that their website will have some filters for different countries, since I doubt that many people from my country will try to get the ticket. Maybe I can get some advantage from that as well, fingers crossed.

7 minutes ago, stanh said:

is it worth me using an automatic refresher? or will that lock me out of using my number for 10 minutes

Can’t lock you out since it doesn’t let you enter your reg till you get to the magic page.

Set it to 2-4 seconds per refresh and you should be fine mate,

Good luck. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, ledwards said:

Does anyone know if there is a way to check all registrations are valid/typed correctly? It's been a case where friends have given me the wrong number before..

Could be seen as full on, but a friend of mine has requested screenshots of each person's registration...  

• Upvote 1

Hi all,

Me and a friend at work just checked our IP addresses using whatsmyip. We had the same Public IPv4 but IPv6 was not detected. 

I'm not techie at all and have zero idea what this means - does it mean everyone at my work will be on the same IP address so we'd be screwed all trying to refresh at the same time?

Any help for this idiot would be much appreciated!

1 hour ago, Dreamingofsunnydays said:

I think my post a couple of days ago might have been missed....

what should we set the auto refresh seconds to?

anxiety getting high!

It's said that if See detect anything quicker than 1 refresh per second they will block the access. So make it 1.1 seconds.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, El24 said:

Hi all,

Me and a friend at work just checked our IP addresses using whatsmyip. We had the same Public IPv4 but IPv6 was not detected. 

I'm not techie at all and have zero idea what this means - does it mean everyone at my work will be on the same IP address so we'd be screwed all trying to refresh at the same time?

Any help for this idiot would be much appreciated!

Your company will have at least 1 single public IP attached to it's router on the internet, this public IP is the one that see tickets receive the request from, so yes if you've 10 people trying from your office see tickets will see the packet request from the 1 IP but multiple requests. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, all depends on the front end firewalls at see tickets which we have absolutely no control over.

Hello all! Am not great with all the techie stuff so was wondering if someone could give me a simple answer to this! If me and all three of my flatmates are all trying for tickets on Sunday on our flat WiFi, are we best to just try on one device or should we all try on our laptops? I.e will it damage our chances to all be trying separately whilst connected to the same WiFi? Thanks in advance ☺️

2 minutes ago, hen123 said:

Hello all! Am not great with all the techie stuff so was wondering if someone could give me a simple answer to this! If me and all three of my flatmates are all trying for tickets on Sunday on our flat WiFi, are we best to just try on one device or should we all try on our laptops? I.e will it damage our chances to all be trying separately whilst connected to the same WiFi? Thanks in advance ☺️

Link the devices to different wifi devices. Tether to a phone or something