Tickets , Tips and Tricks

Crazyfool01

57 minutes ago, Honeybane said:

i am still confused, if i put an '0' instead of a 'O' in the Post Code or the Registration do i get that specific registration locked? How would they know??

It won't lock anything at that stage. If you miss-type reg or postcode like that, it will fail the registration database lookup and give you an error on the reg number input page.

The lock is only placed on the reg numbers once you move forward from that point to give you time to complete the purchase and to prevent contention occurring if two separate sessions (two people in your group) are trying to buy tickets at the same time.

2 minutes ago, Johnkhutch said:

What are people's browsers of choice? I'm definitely using Chrome but debating on either Safari or Firefox for my second choice! 

I usually use safari and chrome but it seems to be random each year which one is successful 

There’s no way that these people have any idea of the struggle that it’s going to be to secure tickets in the first place so when they are greeted by the “we’re currently processing the maximum number of tickets” page they’re gonna get their eyes well and truly wiped.

And then going back to the point made regarding the choice between these people and the EFest community, there’s no comparison. 

2 hours ago, Honeybane said:

i am still confused, if i put an '0' instead of a 'O' in the Post Code or the Registration do i get that specific registration locked? How would they know??

Ideally either use a text file, spreadsheet or key combination so that isn't a possibility and you're simply copying and pasting, then the question becomes redundant.

For the registration, if you get the number wrong it's not possible to lock yours, but assuming you have the details of several people it would insist you go back and correct the error before proceeding.

4 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Not that it necessarily even makes a jot of difference but what broadband speeds are we all going in to battle with? 

I'm doing it at work and having just done a test found it's 75mb 

200mb but it doesn't make a difference. It's pure luck as to when you refresh there is a slot open at that exact time

9 minutes ago, topmarksbri said:

As others have mentioned, not sure how this can be proved in anyway or what the incentive is for these people to be successful?

Yeah I don't get it at all. 

Could we register and take someone's £50? I mean I am DEFINITELY going to be queuing...