Tickets , Tips and Tricks

Crazyfool01

32 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

This is the point I made earlier somewhere...I think the whole statement regarding registrations being locked is badly written and very misleading.  IMO it's simply saying that when registrations are entered they are then locked for use in that booking session for 10 minutes to give time for the transaction to be completed.  Its not there as any sort of penalty, its simply to ensure the system is efficient as it can be by avoiding the potential for simultaneous transactions against the same reg number. 

I agree,a penalty makes no sense and isn't 'reasonable'. As the erroneous reg numbers would not match the postcode I would also expect no lockout, just an error message.

Edited by HalfAnIdiot
Typo

2 minutes ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

I agree,a penalty makes no sense and isn't 'reasonable'. As the erroneous reg numbers would not make the postcode I would also expect no lockout, just an error message.

Yep pretty sure if the Reg and Postcode don't match you just get an error saying a 'Registration could not be found against the postcode' or summat similar. 

If they wish to lock that Reg then go ahead....it ain't mine ?

Yeah, I agree with this. if you get the reg number wrong, how can they lock it? Do they lock the wrong one you entered? Or do they lock another number, and if so, which number? all the numbers that are similar to the wrong one? Ones with the same digits but in a different order? It seems sort of impossible to do.

I've no great knowledge of load balancers and ddos protection or similar systems but I'm thinking it is potentially possible for such systems to look out for, identify and block automated page refreshes. The period between refreshes would be much more consistent if driven by code rather than human.

Thoughts anyone?

4 minutes ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

I've no great knowledge of load balancers and ddos protection or similar systems but I'm thinking it is potentially possible for such systems to look out for, identify and block automated page refreshes. The period between refreshes would be much more consistent if driven by code rather than human.

Thoughts anyone?

I’ve had this thought also, the requests will be consistently be coming exactly every 2.00 seconds. I’d imagine it’s possible to identify and block this. Who knows if they would go to those lengths though. 

15 minutes ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

Thoughts anyone?

Years ago the system used a filter that throttled repeated connection attempts (from constant refreshing). They may or may not use that now tho they seem to infer that they do with the latest news.

Little worried - checked through the internet firewall logs and there's at least 30 people at work that have visited Glastonbury related pages in the last week or so. As the internet pipe is a single external-IP if anywhere near that many are attempting to use the internet at work to get tickets then the 1 second refresh limit from 1 source IP will be easily exceeded (as all traffic is routed through a Cisco Ironport appliance).

Think I'll go home early tomorrow just in case it DDOS blocks all the people at work and VPN back into work on my old laptop so I have two routes into seetickets instead. Although if that was the case anyone at UNI or any other major company would have the same problem.

Just finished running "windows Update" on both PC's so system performance should be optimal.

1 hour ago, gordong said:

I’ve had this thought also, the requests will be consistently be coming exactly every 2.00 seconds. I’d imagine it’s possible to identify and block this. Who knows if they would go to those lengths though. 

Already thought of that

'As long as the holding page is there keep refreshing randomly every 1.5 to 3 seconds
    While bot.URL = "https://glastonbury.seetickets.com/content/extras"
        bot.Refresh
        Randomize
        randN = Int((3000 - 1500 + 1) * Rnd + 1500)
        bot.Wait randN
    Wend

2 minutes ago, jmansel said:

Just a quick question which I don't think has been covered, apologies if it has - do we need to include titles before the names (Mr/Mrs) when we get to the registration entry? Just want to make sure I'm fully ready!

Good luck everyone! 

No, you don't enter names at all when entering the reg. numbers.

2 minutes ago, jmansel said:

Just a quick question which I don't think has been covered, apologies if it has - do we need to include titles before the names (Mr/Mrs) when we get to the registration entry? Just want to make sure I'm fully ready!

Good luck everyone! 

no names needed it auto populates those .... just registration numbers and postcodes 

3 minutes ago, jmansel said:

Good luck everyone! 

Don't think it ever asks for names, just reg number and postcode then it shows you the persons name and you have to press confirm if it is the right person

Never been before, never tried to get tickets, and I am absolutely sh***ing myself. Felt quietly confident until I just scrolled through the last 5 pages and realised the lengths people go to to secure tickets.

That being said, I have learnt a lot. Thank you 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Penrhos said:

Little worried - checked through the internet firewall logs and there's at least 30 people at work that have visited Glastonbury related pages in the last week or so. As the internet pipe is a single external-IP if anywhere near that many are attempting to use the internet at work to get tickets then the 1 second refresh limit from 1 source IP will be easily exceeded (as all traffic is routed through a Cisco Ironport appliance).

Think I'll go home early tomorrow just in case it DDOS blocks all the people at work and VPN back into work on my old laptop so I have two routes into seetickets instead. Although if that was the case anyone at UNI or any other major company would have the same problem.

Just finished running "windows Update" on both PC's so system performance should be optimal.

would they be trying on a Sunday though?

if you've admin access to your FW I'm sure you could sneek a couple of rules in there to block access (then delete your FW logs, LDAP/ AD logs, local PC logs, door access logs, camera logs - simple!! (assuming no syncing is done to your DR site!! ) )

We're a 24/7 operation - but 90% of staff in at weekends have heavily restricted internet access due to working in the call centre.

So Coach sale will be iffy - but Sunday sale it should be all systems go (but I'm hoping to be sorted by then as I don't like driving back Monday).