Tickets , Tips and Tricks

Crazyfool01

5 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Just going over this again to be absolutely sure..

- You get to this “dead” page by refreshing too quickly, right? So if you stick to under 60 refreshes per minute this shouldn’t happen?

- If you do end up on this page - although not sure how you would even know - you can sort the issue by closing down your browser and starting again?

Yeah I think that's correct but shouldn't is the key word here. Seems to be the general consensus on here anyway, plus I think parsonjack has carried out tests on the 60 refreshes a minute thing

From what I've seen on here I think closing down the browser or doing a hard refresh (Shift & F5) can bring you back. Although I'm not knowledgeable enough in this area to completely confirm. That's what I'll be doing anyway!

4 minutes ago, tj95 said:

what does the loading page of doom look like? Is it the page that says "site busy"?

From memory and from tests people have carried out, it looks exactly the same as the holding page only it's a dead ling and won't actually bring you through to the ticket selection page

2 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

What auto refresh software do people recommend for chrome and Firefox?

The one I got for Chrome is called Auto Refresh and looks like;

image.png.2eeb967c78a99c8b63222328ebc0dfdc.png

The Firefox one is called Tab Auto Refresh and looks like;

image.png.aaeac17506ee560c49c1b7b6847500af.png

Both seem to work well. Note that in Chrome the Auto Refresh has to be turned on for each tab. On Firefox Tab Auto Refresh works on all tabs once the add-on is switched on

Edited by pentura
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, majormajormajor said:

I guess the rule of thumb is hedge as much as you can... I'll have a bunch of browsers refreshing away but running on different proxies with different public prefixes.

If you are of the opinion that See is applying the 60 refreshes per minute at the public IP address level you may want to check that those proxies are not sharing IP addresses across multiple users.

9 minutes ago, pentura said:

The one I got for Chrome is called Auto Refresh and looks like;

image.png.2eeb967c78a99c8b63222328ebc0dfdc.png

The Firefox one is called Tab Auto Refresh and looks like;

image.png.aaeac17506ee560c49c1b7b6847500af.png

Both seem to work well. Note that in Chrome the Auto Refresh has to be turned on for each tab. On Firefox Tab Auto Refresh works on all tabs once the add-on is switched on

Wicked cheers mate, normally stick to manual but going to try auto refresh on my work laptop.

10 minutes ago, pentura said:

From memory and from tests people have carried out, it looks exactly the same as the holding page only it's a dead ling and won't actually bring you through to the ticket selection page

Interesting. So how do you know you are on the page of doom, is there a simple method of checking so you can start again?

2 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Wicked cheers mate, normally stick to manual but going to try auto refresh on my work laptop.

No worries! I have always done manual refreshing in previous years but will try this on a separate browser and see where that gets me

3 minutes ago, Harry49 said:

Interesting. So how do you know you are on the page of doom, is there a simple method of checking so you can start again?

I'm not 100% sure. I'm not even sure I was on the page but I'm assuming I was cause there were 3 laptops all working off the same WiFi connection so very very easily would exceed the 60 refreshes per minute. 

Maybe someone else who's done the tests can confirm if the page looks any different or if there's any way of telling

22 minutes ago, a6l6e6x said:

I've got tickets from that page? why the "doom" label - as longas you're not blocking Javascript (if you do not know what that is, you should be ok) then it retries every 20 secs, having a few of these IMHO is good.

The bad ones is where your browser has just timed out

Edited by wweerr208

3 minutes ago, pentura said:

No worries! I have always done manual refreshing in previous years but will try this on a separate browser and see where that gets me

I'm not 100% sure. I'm not even sure I was on the page but I'm assuming I was cause there were 3 laptops all working off the same WiFi connection so very very easily would exceed the 60 refreshes per minute. 

Maybe someone else who's done the tests can confirm if the page looks any different or if there's any way of telling

Believe the testing has been thorough, but unless I have missed the point entirely (probable) I find it absolutely astonishing that See would count 60 refreshes across multiple devices using the same Wifi - Surely there must be some rule to stop this? As that scenario is probably applicable to the vast majority of everybody trying if you think of groups with couples, flat mates, or simply trying on public WiFi?

5 minutes ago, FrancisH said:

Believe the testing has been thorough, but unless I have missed the point entirely (probable) I find it absolutely astonishing that See would count 60 refreshes across multiple devices using the same Wifi - Surely there must be some rule to stop this? As that scenario is probably applicable to the vast majority of everybody trying if you think of groups with couples, flat mates, or simply trying on public WiFi?

I think it's down to the IP Address and preventing multi-hit software. Again, this is something I've just read on here and minimally researched to get a better understanding. I don't have a lot of knowledge on the topic so can't say for sure if it's 60 hits per device or IP Address - probably a stupid question but are there different IP addresses for different devices?

There was a bit of a discussion a few pages back about people in student halls, public WiFi's, workplaces etc. and potentially all working off the same IP Address / WiFi / whatever - I'm sure See have probably considered this already, who knows

8 minutes ago, northernringo said:

To clarify - what happens if you hit the refresh limit? Do you see a different page until you are below the limit?

You will brought to a holding / busy page - https://glastonbury.seetickets.com/content/busy

I think If you've gone over the limit, the page won't actually bring you to the ticket page and you'll end up refreshing a dead page it seems

3 minutes ago, northernringo said:

To clarify - what happens if you hit the refresh limit? Do you see a different page until you are below the limit?

you get a error page - too many attampts - although this year you may get a 10min ban (eek)

14 minutes ago, pentura said:

I think it's down to the IP Address and preventing multi-hit software. Again, this is something I've just read on here and minimally researched to get a better understanding. I don't have a lot of knowledge on the topic so can't say for sure if it's 60 hits per device or IP Address - probably a stupid question but are there different IP addresses for different devices?

There was a bit of a discussion a few pages back about people in student halls, public WiFi's, workplaces etc. and potentially all working off the same IP Address / WiFi / whatever - I'm sure See have probably considered this already, who knows

Seetickets uses BIP-IP F5 as the network front doors (or they did about 3/4 year ago) these things can be programed to do some pretty advanced stuff. I'm assuming they give a cookie that allows you on to the next hop (registration of buying ticktes etc..)

even if it worked for you last year theres no reason to assume things will be the same this year. from the 10min block I'm assuming they're pissed off with the hassle they're getting so I'm also going to guess that the rules (on the F5's) may have been changed to be much more restrictive this year /2p

1 hour ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Yeah ive never used a auto refresh app before, always stuck to manual refreshing, but this year i've ended up with two laptops so i'm going to give it a go!

I'm under the impression that the page of doom is a loading page which effectively means you are stuck in a loop. Once you get passed this page and break through to the other side, you have removed yourself from this loop and have landed on the magic page. Once on this said page a simple refresh will just re-open the same page and wont kick you back. The auto refresh doesn't stop automatically when you get through, but all you need to do is click 'stop' or whatever the option is. 

Thanks @TheFullShaboo   are you certain that the refreshing doesn't kick you back? Concerned I was going to have auto refresh on 5 seconds so I had time to react but it sounds like 2 seconds would be fine?

Also grateful if people can provide any insights on page of doom and how you know you are in it? Is it just not loading even the hold page? I have had that in previous years where I can't even get to the hold page?

Also, another question regarding the 10 minute lockout on registrations - I could be reading too much into this but the Glastonbury Ticket Info page states;

"Please note, your registration numbers will be locked for up to 10 minutes if your details are entered incorrectly, an attempt to book is already held against your registration number, or your 5 minutes on the booking page ends."

So lets say there is only one group of people trying. If one person gets through to the payment page and another gets to the registration page shortly after and enters the reg. numbers before payment is complete, does this mean all those reg. numbers are locked? Or is there a prompt when the reg. numbers are entered saying they are already in use? 

1 hour ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

If you are of the opinion that See is applying the 60 refreshes per minute at the public IP address level you may want to check that those proxies are not sharing IP addresses across multiple users.

Nah -- I have them set up facing out towards the internet -- they PAT to specific publics which nobody else uses. Should be OK.

17 minutes ago, pentura said:

Also, another question regarding the 10 minute lockout on registrations - I could be reading too much into this but the Glastonbury Ticket Info page states;

"Please note, your registration numbers will be locked for up to 10 minutes if your details are entered incorrectly, an attempt to book is already held against your registration number, or your 5 minutes on the booking page ends."

So lets say there is only one group of people trying. If one person gets through to the payment page and another gets to the registration page shortly after and enters the reg. numbers before payment is complete, does this mean all those reg. numbers are locked? Or is there a prompt when the reg. numbers are entered saying they are already in use? 

Based on my experience from last year (when the 10 minute lock also existed, even though everyone is talking about it like it's new). One person had got through and submitted payment but it timed out and never completed the transaction. Subsequently, someone else trying to enter the same registrations at the first page got a message saying the registrations were unavailable.