Tickets , Tips and Tricks

Crazyfool01

Just now, clarkete said:

I think given how awful it can feel if it has gone badly during the sale, on those occasions I would trade a great deal to roll back the clock to just before.

What will be will be, you’ve just gotta take the good with the bad in life and crack on. It’s all this not knowing business that does my head in.

7 minutes ago, KPrice said:

Hi everyone!

Been on hold to seetickets for ages now so thought i'd come here for answers.

in my group of 6 there are 5 uk residents with uk postcodes and 1 australian resident with an australian post code, will this be a problem?

also, i'll be abroad when trying for tickets however i am a uk citizen with a uk post code. will i need to use a credit card or will debit be fine?

thanks!

Should be no issue with that booking!

Only thing to note is, if your Australian resident gets through, they have to use a credit card as opposed to a debit card for the UK residents. 

If you get through, you should be able to use your debit card

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, KPrice said:

Hi everyone!

Been on hold to seetickets for ages now so thought i'd come here for answers.

in my group of 6 there are 5 uk residents with uk postcodes and 1 australian resident with an australian post code, will this be a problem?

also, i'll be abroad when trying for tickets however i am a uk citizen with a uk post code. will i need to use a credit card or will debit be fine?

thanks!

The rules are here. 

643B675F-689B-4E89-B792-3D2FEFE59D92.png

5 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

I don't know about the payment question, but it will be absolutely fine to have a combination of UK and foreign residents. My group has done that every year for the past 4 years (Aus and NZ in our case).

Thanks very much for you quick reply :)

22 hours ago, northernringo said:

Just tested it, thanks!

Verified by Visa came up but didn't require any further information from me thankfully

With all these ghost bookings the promoter will think they've gone stratospheric and will be upgrading to bigger rooms.

Cue some unknown act playing a sold-out, empty O2 on the night...

• Upvote 1

A tip for those that manage to get their tickets: if you want to simultaneously irritate a wide range of people all round the country, then start a 'yay!' discussion thread while people are still trying.  In years gone by, this was a self-policed thing as this forum regularly got overloaded on ticket day so any 'non essential' discussions resulted in handbags swinging.  Nowadays this forum just about manages to cope, so it's more a matter of netiquette - if you want to pretend you have the capacity for empathy, you need to dress your smug post up as a "good luck to everyone that's still trying" job.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, pentura said:

Should be no issue with that booking!

Only thing to note is, if your Australian resident gets through, they have to use a credit card as opposed to a debit card for the UK residents. 

If you get through, you should be able to use your debit card

brilliant, thanks so much!

5 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Sorry - really basic question I should bloody well know the answer to already, but does it matter a jot if the postcodes we enter have spaces in them or not?

has to match the postcode on the registration exact, last year nearly missed out because of a friends registration where he'd not put a space in the post code. panic call but sorted it just.

3 minutes ago, TheGoodWillOut said:

has to match the postcode on the registration exact, last year nearly missed out because of a friends registration where he'd not put a space in the post code. panic call but sorted it just.

Pretty sure it's not mattered about whether you include a space or not in the past? This would be a new thing.

23 minutes ago, jackarmy said:

Pretty sure it's not mattered about whether you include a space or not in the past? This would be a new thing.

20 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Yep I'd always thought this didn't matter. I think the system negates spaces for that answer so accepts either.

Interesting point. Haven't got through in the last couple of years so can't remember.

Problem with ours (Dublin postcode) is that me, my father and sister all entered different postcodes for the same address. One has 'Dublin' and the town number, one is just 'Dublin' and mine is just the town number. Thankfully our spreadsheet is pretty clear.

Ireland being 20 years behind everywhere else has only rolled out the 5/6 digit postcode in the last 5 years so maybe it's time to update

With the limit being 60 refreshes a minute, if you are on a network at work all using the same IP, am I right in thinking then that you have no chance of getting through if several people are trying each from their own computer pushing you over the 60 a minute?

19 minutes ago, tigger123 said:

With the limit being 60 refreshes a minute, if you are on a network at work all using the same IP, am I right in thinking then that you have no chance of getting through if several people are trying each from their own computer pushing you over the 60 a minute?

Would also like an answer to this one!

Just to add to this, if you have a few tabs open on auto-refresh, can they contribute to your 60 a limit total? Or is multiple tabs still even the accepted best practice?

Think my anxiety levels are increased because after a decade of luck not one of our group managed to even put registration details in on all four sales for last year. Now I'm terrified we all got stuck by accidentally going over 60 a minute in a perfectly normal way...

2 hours ago, Sasperella said:

So, same as last year?

It only worries me as the one time we didn't get tickets, I know that two of our team were on the payments page at the same time.... 

Everyone is talking as if it's a new thing, but this text, or something similar, was definitely there before. It may have been updated, but the reference to 10 minutes definitely isn't new.

However, an additionally scary thing is that last year, our registrations were locked in this way by a failed transaction (white screen of doom after submitting payment) and they didn’t unlock after 10 minutes – they were still locked after 20 minutes! Having been through this once, I really have the fear. 

11 minutes ago, Kashkin said:

Everyone is talking as if it's a new thing, but this text, or something similar, was definitely there before. It may have been updated, but the reference to 10 minutes definitely isn't new.

However, an additionally scary thing is that last year, our registrations were locked in this way by a failed transaction (white screen of doom after submitting payment) and they didn’t unlock after 10 minutes – they were still locked after 20 minutes! Having been through this once, I really have the fear. 

That is pretty worrying!

What is the suggested action when you get a white screen of doom?

51 minutes ago, tigger123 said:

Also intrigued on this one. I'll be hunting down anyone else in the office at that time haha

2 hours ago, tigger123 said:

Not 'no' chance but I *think* your chances are reduced the more machines you have on same source IP due to the risk of multiple machines being seen as a single source device if they are all directed to the same application server simultaneously.

I wrote a big post on this a few pages ago in this thread if you can find it.....the final advice being to try to make sure each device is connected via a different IP eg use native wifi for one, 4G hotspot from different mobiles for others etc.

2 hours ago, FrancisH said:

Just to add to this, if you have a few tabs open on auto-refresh, can they contribute to your 60 a limit total? Or is multiple tabs still even the accepted best practice?

Yes....several tabs auto-refreshing on same source device will be seen as hits from one IP and severely limit your chances.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Yes....several tabs auto-refreshing on same source device will be seen as hits from one IP and severely limit your chances.

I was gonna go for 1 Tab on different browsers with a wired connection. Do the same on the Wi-Fi with a different device. 

Will different browsers be seen as several hits on IP address?

21 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

I wrote a big post on this a few pages ago in this thread if you can find it.....the final advice being to try to make sure each device is connected via a different IP eg use native wifi for one, 4G hotspot from different mobiles for others etc.

Not this one in the other thread?